Sponsored

Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022?

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You only get the points if you changed the mod top to mic (perhaps it includes a soft top, it was not clear on that to me) AND it is built as a 2021. If you are pushed to 2022, you get nothing.
Yeah, I switched to a mic top on a 2 door. I’m not sure how much truth there is to not getting anything FordPass points if it’s their fault I’m pushed back to 2022. Plus if my build is pushed back I would want to move back to the mod top, but I have next to no faith that they will even have those ready for the start of 2022.
Sponsored

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep. No interest in Jeeps, never had any. Maybe I’ll just give up and get a Buick.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m thinking that if I have to wait that long, I might as well reset. Read some real-world reviews; wait to see what unforeseen negatives present; see how crazy gas prices get; get in one and take my own test drive; see how Jeep and other manufacturers respond...

Right now I really want the rig, but that’s a pretty long wait. Might be a good idea to reset and widen my focus if I have to wait anyways.
Absolutely. Why pay MSRP for the privilege of driving a vehicle that you have to wait 18 months to get, when you have to see others on the road with them. All my effort to have a day one reservation and doing all the right things have meant nothing so far.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I spoke to a guy today that is looking at cancelling his order, because he's forced with a decision to make. He has a lease on a vehicle that is coming due in six months. He hoped to have his Bronco before the lease ended, and said he could even see going a month with a rental, if needed. However, not knowing when he will get his order, the probability that it goes to a MY22 pushing a spring delivery, aggregate the factors of not knowing what the economy will be like, interest rates, etc, he feels he needs to cancel and buy another (gasp) Jeep now.
If lease is up, why not purchase and use current vehicle as a trade?

Sponsored

Firedude

Big Bend
First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And remember prices are going much higher. Ford and GM are paying 30% more for steel than they did 6 months ago. Any new orders are gonna be more, don't believe me, look at lumber up 300% in 1 year.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thinking that if I have to wait that long, I might as well reset. Read some real-world reviews; wait to see what unforeseen negatives present; see how crazy gas prices get; get in one and take my own test drive; see how Jeep and other manufacturers respond...

Right now I really want the rig, but that’s a pretty long wait. Might be a good idea to reset and widen my focus if I have to wait anyways.
Higher gas prices mean better economy. Only ignorant people think it’s not. Oil and gas make the world go round.

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was cruising online looking at wranglers. Overpriced! 2021 wrangler rubicon with cloth, 4cyl and automatic rollback soft top for $67k. Not a chance.
You can get better configs than that, low to mid 50's for a reasonably equipped diesel Rubicon.. just shop around if you're serious

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can get better configs than that, low to mid 50's for a reasonably equipped diesel Rubicon.. just shop around if you're serious
I’m not. I have zero desire for a wrangler was just killing time. Don’t like diesel anyway

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was looking at jeeps until the photo of a jeep in between the 2 broncos and the jeep just looks tiny and outdated. So jeep is dead to me
That sealed it for me!
Plus...
I would be settling... I don’t really want a Jeep and for what? just to stick out your tongue at Ford...and buy something you don’t really want.
No I’ll wait, I know I would kick myself later if I back out now, just like I kick myself for selling my 71 bronco in 2016 for 20 grand!!!! Now its worth 50k plus!
Arrrggghh!!!

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not canceling but it's no longer guaranteed I will buy it.
Your statement closely resembles mine... I not canceling and I know I'm gonna get one eventually but I may just skip my order when it arrives and buy one a couple years from now. Only problem is dealer markup in Hawaii will go from $1900 to $5500+ if people love the Bronco. If that happens I would be pissed I waited.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful. My Tremor is black. Great trucks.. but don’t think for a second they are little. This thing makes f-150s from 20 years ago look small.
I was actually surprised at how much room I had, got the Sport Off Road package, wanted a bit more 'Lux' but i got such a good deal couldn't pass on it, guy just kept adding incentives and knocking down the price. Finance guy was a bit surprised when I told him D-Plan :) took another 3K off.

Magical_Savior

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bobber Black, Honda CB1100EX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Given how much of a shortage there is and how it's getting worse - no, absolutely not. If in a year from now I get it and find I don't like it, I'll be able to sell it for whatever I like. I reserved the thing on 14 July early, and it's coming fully loaded. Everyone wants it and I have it, even if delivery takes until 2023 I'm still picking it up. Maybe especially then.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our build estimate was likely always 2022 and I’ve still been trying to convince my wife to pick something else, I could live without this vehicle.
Sponsored