Sponsored

Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022?

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m thinking that if I have to wait that long, I might as well reset. Read some real-world reviews; wait to see what unforeseen negatives present; see how crazy gas prices get; get in one and take my own test drive; see how Jeep and other manufacturers respond...

Right now I really want the rig, but that’s a pretty long wait. Might be a good idea to reset and widen my focus if I have to wait anyways.
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I didn’t have a VIN and rescheduled build date, I’d consider it. Just really really wanted to take a summer trip and had a chance with the 6/7 build week. Now at 6/28, most likely will get pushed again……

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anybody else thinking about cancelling if their build estimate is 2022? 815A80B7-F03F-4581-B4EE-E1752E7A67B1

In all seriousness, I have been looking around at other vehicles (to say I’m impatient is an understatement). However, I always snap back to reality to know I REALLY want a Bronco and nothing else.

Sure, when real-world testimonials come out or if I’m pushed to 2022, will I make some adjustments to my build? Maybe… But thankfully I have a newer vehicle I’m currently driving and just need to continue to remind myself this is a first-world problem to wait. There’s far worse things in the world that I could be facing.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not canceling but it's no longer guaranteed I will buy it.
Buy and sell is an option if these are as scarce as we alll know they will be.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thinking that if I have to wait that long, I might as well reset. Read some real-world reviews; wait to see what unforeseen negatives present; see how crazy gas prices get; get in one and take my own test drive; see how Jeep and other manufacturers respond...

Right now I really want the rig, but that’s a pretty long wait. Might be a good idea to reset and widen my focus if I have to wait anyways.
If I get pushed to '22, or possibly even really late this year (which is seeming disturbingly likely), I'll move on and get my first non-Ford. I'm trying to hold out but at some point I have to make a decision because I need something else. I know "need" is probably a strong word, and while my Escape functions, it's not what I want/doesn't quite work for me, anymore.

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's unfortunate that what should be a cool experience is turning into such a S*#T show. July will be a year since I ordered my Bronco and 6 months since I dropped $2k on the deposit. I would't mind waiting if I felt like I was in on the decision. Communications have been nonexistent. My reservation was made in the 1st 6 Hours, converted into an Order as soon as ordering opened, and dropped down the deposit. I was told you are 'tops on our list' and then 'I shouldn't tell you this but, you're likely to see your Bronco this summer.' But now it's like, sorry we are going to get these 'priority' orders out ahead of yours and oh, by the way, we don't even have the parts to build your Bronco anyway. Maybe next year!

I can afford to leave my deposit out there and I have plenty of vehicles to drive. So I can wait to take delivery whenever but not everyone can. And for many of us it hasn't been the feel good experience we hoped for. The brightest spot so far is having BRONCO 6G to share thoughts, get information and blow off some steam. Oh, and get some really cool badges from a member - thanks again! So I'm sitting in my Bronco T shirt having just finished writing a letter to my local dealer asking what if anything they know. While I'd much rather be ordering stuff in anticipation of the delivery of my new Bronco.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am hanging around. Nothing else out there peaks my interest except for the defender w/ the v6, but I don't really feel like spending $25-30k more
Beautiful one at the local dealership DEFENDER 90 X - $87k - wow!

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a Grang-tober order I always knew it would be 2022. I was kind of hoping for not later than June even with a bunch of the early reservations opting for a code 99. However, However given things like chip shortages, who knows what might happen. If it slips to 2023 I'll bail though since I don't really want to miss out on using it both this summer and next. Should that happen there's no doubt I'll end up paying a lot more for something else though.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's unfortunate that what should be a cool experience is turning into such a S*#T show. July will be a year since I ordered my Bronco and 6 months since I dropped $2k on the deposit. I would't mind waiting if I felt like I was in on the decision. Communications have been nonexistent. My reservation was made in the 1st 6 Hours, converted into an Order as soon as ordering opened, and dropped down the deposit. I was told you are 'tops on our list' and then 'I shouldn't tell you this but, you're likely to see your Bronco this summer.' But now it's like, sorry we are going to get these 'priority' orders out ahead of yours and oh, by the way, we don't even have the parts to build your Bronco anyway. Maybe next year!

I can afford to leave my deposit out there and I have plenty of vehicles to drive. So I can wait to take delivery whenever but not everyone can. And for many of us it hasn't been the feel good experience we hoped for. The brightest spot so far is having BRONCO 6G to share thoughts, get information and blow off some steam. Oh, and get some really cool badges from a member - thanks again! So I'm sitting in my Bronco T shirt having just finished writing a letter to my local dealer asking what if anything they know. While I'd much rather be ordering stuff in anticipation of the delivery of my new Bronco.
I don’t think you ordered a bronco a year ago. You reserved with $100. Most of us are in the same boat. I reserved first day last July. Have been waiting for much longer since I heard it was coming back. This really is a first world problem but I am SERIOUSLY jonesing for my bronco. I have waffled back and forth since the latest delay, but if I’m 100% honest with myself. I’m here until I get it.
Sponsored