First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did anyone else jump in to buy the roof rack rails from Ford yesterday? I had notifications set to alert me and it finally happened. I ordered yesterday (sold out already) and just got a confirmation of shipment. Should arrive Saturday. Why am I here? Because… it says the weight is 3.7 pounds from FedEx tracking.
What??? Honestly thought this was my cigar order that I placed but it was an email from Ford directly. Can the material really be from PVC pipes? 😒
Sponsored

kbutler1

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bummer, I didn't get a notification at all.
Hope they send the right item to you!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Part number?

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Worst thing: "Not compatible with Badlands 4-door with 2.7L engine". :(

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Worst thing: "Not compatible with Badlands 4-door with 2.7L engine". :(
Which is basically my First Edition but that makes zero sense. A roof rack has nothing to do with the engine or body as it’s mounted all the same 😒

will update!

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which is basically my First Edition but that makes zero sense. A roof rack has nothing to do with the engine or body as it’s mounted all the same 😒

will update!
Yeah, it has to do with gross vehicle weight. Badlands SAS with that 2.7 was designed at top weight parameters that won't allow anything further to attach with any significant weight (or even a rack that in itself is not heavy, but it contemplates adding weight when it's used to store gear). Supposedly it can add danger for tipping/rolling due to weight/balance issues. Sigh.

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a rack and removed it to take the top off. It is definitely not 3.7 pounds and takes 2 people to remove it in one piece. Besides the plastic that covers the mounting points, the rack is all aluminum construction and is surprisingly heavy duty. Ford did a great job with this and is a far more substantial rack that what comes on something like a stock explorer.

Sponsored

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did anyone else jump in to buy the roof rack rails from Ford yesterday? I had notifications set to alert me and it finally happened. I ordered yesterday (sold out already) and just got a confirmation of shipment. Should arrive Saturday. Why am I here? Because… it says the weight is 3.7 pounds from FedEx tracking.
What??? Honestly thought this was my cigar order that I placed but it was an email from Ford directly. Can the material really be from PVC pipes? 😒
the FedEx package weighing 3.7lbs might indicate the gift First Edition owners are receiving from Ford, the Etched VIN First Edition badge, framed window sticker and First Edition Certificate. I'm sure the rack is well over 3.7 pounds.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah, it has to do with gross vehicle weight. Badlands SAS with that 2.7 was designed at top weight parameters that won't allow anything further to attach with any significant weight (or even a rack that in itself is not heavy, but it contemplates adding weight when it's used to store gear). Supposedly it can add danger for tipping/rolling due to weight/balance issues. Sigh.
The 'will not fit' should have been 'do not use' or some other safety warning instead. Cause if I can make it fit, I'll use it, lol.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a rack and removed it to take the top off. It is definitely not 3.7 pounds and takes 2 people to remove it in one piece. Besides the plastic that covers the mounting points, the rack is all aluminum construction and is surprisingly heavy duty. Ford did a great job with this and is a far more substantial rack that what comes on something like a stock explorer.
I thought there was enough clearance to be able to get the top off without removal. That's going to suck... I had better hopes.

OP
OP
JonathanDuong

JonathanDuong

First Edition
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
the FedEx package weighing 3.7lbs might indicate the gift First Edition owners are receiving from Ford, the Etched VIN First Edition badge, framed window sticker and First Edition Certificate. I'm sure the rack is well over 3.7 pounds.
That would make sense, but my tracking number came along with my item shipped: BRONCO OE ROOF RACK 4 DOOR with a part number.

Did you get your care package by the way? I still haven't.

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That would make sense, but my tracking number came along with my item shipped: BRONCO OE ROOF RACK 4 DOOR with a part number.

Did you get your care package by the way? I still haven't.
Yup, received it 2 weeks ago
Sponsored