Sponsored

Anyone Changing Color Due to MIC Top Announcement?

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was planning for Velocity Blue and black MIC top, did not realize the only MIC color is carbonized grey.

So knowing this my decision depends on;
-What color the fender flares and grill are
-how the colorizer looks with VB

I am upset that;
-No green paint
-No X-plan
-No cheap/base black non-painted top
-No manual on the 2.7
Edit: Just learned the color I want the most, lighting blue which I though was FE only is available on BB and OB not BD or BL... Stupid stupid stupid Ford...

Honestly I am leaning more and more the more BS stuff they take away to waiting for MY22 or MY23 or just buying something other than a Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The red not matching the yellow areas is more of my concern.

Ford Bronco Anyone Changing Color Due to MIC Top Announcement? 04222C2B-A8D5-4D17-8314-C186829D4960
Kinda looks like it matches to me, remember this is under fluorescent lights which to weird things, there is no way AMB looks like that so I bet the shades of grey are off slightly.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Kinda looks like it matches to me, remember this is under fluorescent lights which to weird things, there is no way AMB looks like that so I bet the shades of grey are off slightly.
All bumpers, flares, mirrors and handles are BLACK or painted body color not MIC GRAY.

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the iconic silver looks good with the MIC top

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All bumpers, flares, mirrors and handles are BLACK or painted body color not MIC GRAY.
Ok, yep I see now, but the grill on BL at least is Carbonized Grey, however even with literature stating Black MIC alot of this pics looks grey, but then I guess pre-production

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here I what I am doing.

Was set on ANTIMATTER BLUE with BLACK TOP.
Now that it is a GRAY "Molded in Color" (MIC) TOP...

I am likely going with ICONIC SILVER.

What do you think and are you changing as well?

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 5.44.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 5.44.05 PM.png
It didn't take long for me to settle on either the Carbonized or the Silver.. simply because with all the mix-matched and phantom color changes with things like CG.

Now that we know "metal" is shown in the door panel.. it even makes it more solid.... god knows what color the interiors are actually going to be and Carbon and Silver will go with the MIC and anything they f-up with that horrible interior.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's the real color of the MIC in person. Much lighter than the Ford colorizer pics.
Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 5.12.53 PM.png
Are we sure that is the MIC... because that seem by the rear side windows looks like they are removable which would make this the Modulate Painted one no? And if you look at the Roof rack, it is latching onto a seam above the rear windows, again making it seem like there is an actual separation there.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are we sure that is the MIC... because that seem by the rear side windows looks like they are removable which would make this the Modulate Painted one no? And if you look at the Roof rack, it is latching onto a seam above the rear windows, again making it seem like there is an actual separation there.
You make some good points, but I think that this top was made for the overland concept, and is a bit different.

I took the pic and got within a foot of that top. It's plastic, it's textured, and it's gray molded into the plastic.

I also saw the black 2 door Badlands in person. The black top is identical to the body color. No texture. I assume this top to be the modular. Definitely different than that of the Overlander concept.
Ford Bronco Anyone Changing Color Due to MIC Top Announcement? Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.18.58 AM

Sponsored

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No, but changing to MY22 to get a white modular top. A Ford order FAQ posted on BN states that the buyer will work with the dealer to replace their MY21 order with MY22. Reservation timestamp stays the same.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just changing to MY22

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No, but changing to MY22 to get a white modular top. A Ford order FAQ posted on BN states that the buyer will work with the dealer to replace their MY21 order with MY22. Reservation timestamp stays the same.
This, Imma try to source white doors handles which will be near impossible. Hopefully Ill have them by the time I pick up my MY22

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You make some good points, but I think that this top was made for the overland concept, and is a bit different.

I took the pic and got within a foot of that top. It's plastic, it's textured, and it's gray molded into the plastic.

I also saw the black 2 door Badlands in person. The black top is identical to the body color. No texture. I assume this top to be the modular. Definitely different than that of the Overlander concept.
Ford Bronco Anyone Changing Color Due to MIC Top Announcement? Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.18.58 AM
Definitely a different texter on that top. Did you happen to catch a few inches back to see if it had that vertical seam along the rear side of the back windows?
Sponsored