First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are 700+ used bronco 6th gens on autotrader now. Pricing are dropping.
Supply and demand at work. The high prices caused by scarcity are a short term opportunity for those who want to profit. By summer 2022 I see used standard models selling for no more than MSRP, FE will still hold a premium, but not $100K.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mostly agree with what you said, but this isn't a 20 year old house, apples and oranges. My point was there is an active thread to post one star reviews to a Stealership for a $3000 adm they added at delivery. It's okay for the OP to flip for profit, but not the dealer. It just sound hypocritical to me. Believe me, I've had enough problems with my own dealer, I am far from being on their side and I will support anyone on here that runs into problems. Seems to me the OP is asking permission or to see what others will think if they do flip it. I just gave another option. God Bless America and Lets Go Brandon!
A dealer adding undisclosed ADM on a customers ordered bronco does not equal a dealer putting ADM on a lot bronco (whether dealer stock or buyer backed out). I don’t mind dealers putting ADM on stock vehicles or a private seller making a profit on one they just bought. That’s capitalism and market conditions. How often can buyers get a new truck and immediately sell it for profit rather than it losing value the moment you drive off the lot? Not often at all.
But if a dealer marks up a customer ordered bronco when it comes in- that’s unethical and completely scummy and should be barraged with negative reviews (the one you mention is in a very grey area however).

Sponsored

mbryant1985

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco (project)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me personally, there's no way I could do it. But, I will admit it's amazing what some people are getting for theirs.

Besides the fact that I'm 18 months invested, I'm also obsessed with Broncos so my passion for them runs deep. Also, I've only driven beaters my whole life all while making sure my wife had the "brand new with all the bells and whistles". When Ford officially stated Bronco was coming, I told her there was no way I was not buying one, and I spared no expense when I ordered. This is my first brand new vehicle for myself. I couldn't give it all up for some extra profit.

Same goes for our new home we just bought last year. As a new build, I suspect I could sell this house for $100,000 profit, but it's the first house we've ever had that we were truly happy with and proud of. All our previous homes were tiny and needed constant work. We want to stay and enjoy it. That and we'd have to find something else affordable lol.

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why ? Pandemic, 5 buck a gallon gas , miss all the fun ! Crazy talk.

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A guy locally bought a new Bronco, traded it in shortly after on another one and allegedly the dealer gave him more than what he paid mrsp + they're going to make money selling it an auction. The resale value certainly helped me make my decision whether I keep it or unload it quickly.

Liberaldemon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hate that we are even considering it, but I got curious and did an online request for value and they came back with 67k on our Bronco V6 Big Bend. This is coming from a 45.5k MSRP.

Screenshot_20211214-150236_Outlook.jpg

Has anyone traded theirs in and put down another reservation?

Edit:
We have had this car for a week and we did not order just to resell. My wife had the Bronco Sport while waiting for a full sized Bronco.
Do it! There will never be w car market like this again.

Sponsored

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
You have to consider that MSRP will increase every year. Assuming there are shortages in the next 2-3 years I see these first units holding their value at MSRP if not a smidge above. If you look at a 4runner they depreciate at about $1-2k a year, TRD Pro units selling around $48k a few years back, but now with everything going on I'm guessing they could be sold for what people paid for them.

If you hold your bronco for 4 years and new units are $4-5k more than before you might still pull exactly what you paid if you choose to sell; assuming you didn't rack up 100k in that time.

Just my two cents. Hold onto what you have unless you absolutely don't need it.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most people that disagree with a private owner flipping for a margin are either:

1. Huge Bronco fans who have been waiting for decades for their dream car that has value to them that cannot be measured by $.
2. Mad they are still waiting while others get it and flip it.
3. Got taken by their dealer for ADM.
4. Are loaded and don't see why someone would bother flipping something "just" to make 10k.

The Bronco is not a necessity. This is not shady price gouging. It's also not the same as a dealer adding ADM to an original order. I am more than fine with a dealer adding ADM to an abandoned Bronco or their stock. The shady part comes in when its a personalized deal a customer has reserved and they add ADM.

OP
OP
Theowlhoothoot

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You have to consider that MSRP will increase every year. Assuming there are shortages in the next 2-3 years I see these first units holding their value at MSRP if not a smidge above. If you look at a 4runner they depreciate at about $1-2k a year, TRD Pro units selling around $48k a few years back, but now with everything going on I'm guessing they could be sold for what people paid for them.

If you hold your bronco for 4 years and new units are $4-5k more than before you might still pull exactly what you paid if you choose to sell; assuming you didn't rack up 100k in that time.

Just my two cents. Hold onto what you have unless you absolutely don't need it.
She ended up wanting to keep it over pocketing the cash. Not my car not my problem.

When she got her Bronco Sport she was under the impression she wouldn't get her real Bronco any time soon and just cannot let it go now that she has it.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I mostly agree with what you said, but this isn't a 20 year old house, apples and oranges. My point was there is an active thread to post one star reviews to a Stealership for a $3000 adm they added at delivery. It's okay for the OP to flip for profit, but not the dealer. It just sound hypocritical to me. Believe me, I've had enough problems with my own dealer, I am far from being on their side and I will support anyone on here that runs into problems. Seems to me the OP is asking permission or to see what others will think if they do flip it. I just gave another option. God Bless America and Lets Go Brandon!
Dealerships should be and are allowed to price these vehicles as high as the market will bare. I have as much issue with a dealerships selling these cars at $10k over sticker as I do $10k under sticker. I guarantee with 100% confidence that you will never see a post on this forum complaining that the dealer reduced the price of their Bronco $3k off sticker. The dealer in question walking back their price increase was simply them responding to the market and realizing marking up this vehicle could hurt sales at the dealership generally and repeat sales of customers who felt pushed in a corner. Simple market calculation of which decision nets the larger profit over the long tail. Everyone won.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not planning to flip but the idea did enter my mind that if you got an advantageous flip, you could buy a bronco raptor with that money and avoid all the first year issues that have been popping up. 🤔😅

Btw, 1st day reservation,.. and still waiting for mine. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Last edited: