Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious if anyone who has their Broncos yet have de-badged them?

I’m used to taking fishing line to remove badging, but I’m really curious how difficult it is to remove the “fridge magnets” on the front fenders?

Also, is the Ford logo on the rear swing gate installed with the body metal raised around it?? If so, I assume that would look awful to remove as you’d be left with an indent?
Sponsored

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m used to taking fishing line to remove badging, but I’m really curious how difficult it is to remove the “fridge magnets” on the front fenders?

Also, is the Ford logo on the rear swing gate installed with the body metal raised around it?? If so, I assume that would look awful to remove as you’d be left with an indent?
Yes to the Ford emblem.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Crap… Guess that has to stay then :(
Yup. Stamped and may even have a hole in the sheet metal with a post and hardware.
There is an option though. You can get different colored Ford emblems. I plan to swap my blue ovals out with something gray or black to go with the carbon gray.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Stamped and may even have a hole in the sheet metal with a post and hardware.
There is an option though. You can get different colored Ford emblems. I plan to swap my blue ovals out with something gray or black to go with the carbon gray.
Looks like they didn’t want anyone removing that, haha. Have you swapped these out before? How difficult is it? Any YouTube videos that show this, as it seems a little more complex than just double sided tape.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
not yet...but floss + Goo Gone Automotive at the ready for a sunny August day

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not yet...but floss + Goo Gone Automotive at the ready for a sunny August day
Would that work as well, since there’s no double sided tape like on your typical badging? I can’t imagine there’s much room to wiggle fishing line behind a sticker.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would that work as well, since there’s no double sided tape like on your typical badging?
Haven't taken delivery....but what technique are you thinking of using?

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't taken delivery....but what technique are you thinking of using?
Just trying to peel it off like a sticker - Start picking at it from one corner and hopefully getting enough off to rip it off like a band aide lol. The worst thing will be if it comes off in random pieces, like one of those cheap stickers. I suppose that’s where the Goo Gone will come into play…

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I suppose that’s where the Goo Gone will come into play
I've never done this...but I'd be wary of paint damage with the bandaid approach

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just trying to peel it off like a sticker - Start picking at it from one corner and hopefully getting enough off to rip it off like a band aide lol. The worst thing will be if it comes off in random pieces, like one of those cheap stickers. I suppose that’s where the Goo Gone will come into play…
Take a hair dryer and warm up a corner. Start peeling it while holding the warm air in from of the area you're peeling and do this slowly. The sticker should come off without leaving any excess residue but if it does just use some goo gone or Iso-alcohol and wax the area.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take a hair dryer and warm up a corner. Start peeling it while holding the warm air in from of the area you're peeling and do this slowly. The sticker should come off without leaving any excess residue but if it does just use some goo gone or Iso-alcohol and wax the area.
Thanks - That’s what I was thinking might be the best way to do it. The nice thing with de-badging a new vehicle is it’s usually a bit easier since it‘s still pretty fresh.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks - That’s what I was thinking might be the best way to do it. The nice thing with de-badging a new vehicle is it’s usually a bit easier since it‘s still pretty fresh.
It's a lot easier but still can be done on an older one too. The key is doing it when it's warm outside, doing it slowly and having the area warm too. There have been several on the Ranger forum who removed their Fx4 emblems months after receiving theirs without any issues.

I'll see if I can find the posts where they removed the blue oval. Many have replaced theirs with blacked out ones and they have one with the stars & stripes of the US flag. IIRC you have to pop off the center cover and then it's screwed on behind that.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a lot easier but still can be done on an older one too. The key is doing it when it's warm outside, doing it slowly and having the area warm too. There have been several on the Ranger forum who removed their Fx4 emblems months after receiving theirs without any issues.

I'll see if I can find the posts where they removed the blue oval. Many have replaced theirs with blacked out ones and they have one with the stars & stripes of the US flag. IIRC you have to pop off the center cover and then it's screwed on behind that.
That’s a good point - The badging is definitely like any you’d see on the back of a pick-up truck, so if it works for that it should work for this.

Be interested if you find anything on the blue oval removal. I might not put a US flag (sorry) but maybe there’s a maple leaf equivalent :D
Sponsored