Sponsored

Anyone done any analysis on child car seat space in the back?

rlondeen

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone done any analysis on car seat space in the back? I know the 4D has car seat hooks so I assume they will fit okay. I am also assuming car seats won't fit with the 2D which is the primary reason I am not getting the 2D... But I am curious if there has been any other talk on this.

(We have a family van, but I do occasionally drive my kids around in my DD work vehicle).
Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone done any analysis on car seat space in the back? I know the 4D has car seat hooks so I assume they will fit okay. I am also assuming car seats won't fit with the 2D which is the primary reason I am not getting the 2D... But I am curious if there has been any other talk on this.

(We have a family van, but I do occasionally drive my kids around in my DD work vehicle).
If a 6‘ 2” man can easily sit in the back of a two-door bronco I have to imagine a car seat would fit. Check The Internet or in person a two door JL wrangler, The bronco has a couple more inches of room.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When you're committed, you're committed. Many thought I was crazy when I did this on '06 GTO, but really isnt all that big of a deal. Takes a few extra moments, but worth it to drive that beast.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rlondeen

rlondeen

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If a 6‘ 2” man can easily sit in the back of a two-door bronco I have to imagine a car seat would fit. Check The Internet or in person a two door JL wrangler, The bronco has a couple more inches of room.
The problem isn't fitting it's getting the car seat back there. I use to do it my brz, it sucked but once it was back there we were good.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

now y'all got me reconsidering 2D!
And the child seats finally give you more cupholders which I am sure has been holding you back, always a silver lining!

bjellefs

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang, 2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a kid with a second on the way and checked this out thoroughly at the Michigan dealer event I attended last Friday. I currently have a 2008 explorer that has nearly identical back seat dimensions to the 4 door bronco and car seats work fine in the back. I also sat in the back for a while and the available space was decent. I am 6' 0" and would be comfortable on a long road trip. That being said, it wasn't overly roomy. My wife's jeep cherokee has more room in the back by comparison.

I am going with the 4 door for the same reason I sold my mustang......a rear facing mounted car seat is a real pain in the ass to get a kid into and out of without a second set of doors. With the click and lock car seats, the mustang was totally fine, but once the kid was older than 1 and I had to upsize, it was more of a hassle than was worth. I would imagen the 2 door bronco will have similar issues. Its doable, but a real pain.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You don’t need four doors with kids. There are many advantages to the kids not having doors and windows of their own to operate. I managed just fine in my Isuzu. The baby carrier faze doesn’t last that long and once they can buckle themselves, it’s no real work on your part. You just slide the seat forward and they hop in or out. A few years later and they’ll be doing that part as well.

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait, y’all don’t tie the kid to the roof rack with some snacks? How else are they supposed to get fresh air and sun?

And in all seriousness it appears either will have plenty of room for a car seat. But I always think worst case scenario and in the event of a car accident I wouldn’t want Medics to have to pull my kid out of a two door. Four door for safety and convenience for me.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But I always think worst case scenario and in the event of a car accident I wouldn’t want Medics to have to pull my kid out of a two door. Four door for safety and convenience for me.
2DR has longer doors. In the event of an accident, you just go through the door closest to the kid. If you got out, so can they. Not always the case in a 4DR. If the rear swing gate can open, that’s another option as well. Since, it’s a shorter distance from the rear. The nice thing about the Bronco is worst case of all, you can pop out through the front roof panels.
Sponsored