First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got my 4 door in last Friday and put the kids car seats in and was a bit disappointed in the room they had, less than my Camry, and wondered if maybe I just don't have them in quite right. The angle of the rear seat had me change them around quite a bit. How have others with car seats noticed room to be? they have Graco Extend2fit seats, one forward facing and one rear facing. I'm 5'9 and there doesn't seem to be much room between my seat and the car seat. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reality: your bronco IS smaller than your camry from a passenger perspective.

I had to ditch my daughter's seat and move her to a booster a little sooner than we wanted to get some room back. My son still runs rear facing and and i basically have to crush his seat with mine.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's that little bump at the back of the seat - at least it was for my kiddo's seat.

Essentially the set angle of the previous child seat was causing me to have to push the base forward to keep the back/head angle necessary. That robbed us of some seat/leg space. I switched to a Graco Turbo Boost. MUCH better with this one, as the angle between the base and back aren't set. This allowed me to get the seat base all the way back AND the back/head angle is still ok. Much more room now, kiddo can get in without issue (our front seats are all the way back)

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 door here with a 3 year old. 2 door and 4 door legroom are pretty close. No way a rear facing seat would work.

Even front facing there would be no legroom for the tot if he sat behind my seat.

We literally changed to front facing a month before my order showed up. (Reward for pooping in the toilet)

I have seen people talk about swiveling seats but that wouldn't help.

I think the only solution is deal with it and feed the little one so they get heavy enough to face front.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a swivel seat but am still waiting for my 2 door to be scheduled. I've heard the rear seats recline like 1". I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there is more space than my wife's Mitsubishi mirage g4. The angle of the rear seat has me hopeful that the top of the car seat won't be smashing into the back of the front seats as bad as it is in the mirage.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No it is definitely smaller. Did you not read the dimensions before purchase? I have had my youngest car seat back there but I tend to avoid it as it is not terribly comfortable for him

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Seems to be plenty of room for my 6 year old in a Graco booster

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2DR owner here and I have a swiveling 360 seat for my 1 year old and we have plenty of space. She is currently rear facing, but I’ve experimented with the car parked facing her forward in the same seat, no issue!

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recline the back seat and remove the headrests. Made ten child seats fit better for me.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recline both seats and remove both headrests or run them up high.

My one year old is now forward facing, and my wife is short so she has to sit further forward than usual.

My three year old we switched to a high back booster in my bronco, still in normal car seat in my wife's expedition. It's not as comfortable for him to sleep in, but we haven't taken the family on a long road trip in it yet.

If they are tall/heavy enough and you can switch your oldest to a booster it will help out a bunch. Still doesn't stop them from kicking the seat or getting dirt all over the back.

Sponsored

fazer8

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are smaller carseats out there too. If it's a couple hundred $ difference that will make them fit, it's worth it in my book. This coming from someone who just spent hours last week researching car seats that will fit 3 across (in order to give extra life to our aging rav4 that is painfully small for 3 across after our 3rd was born).

We settled on the Graco Slimfit3 LX/True3Fit LX and it's amazing how much smaller it is compared to most other seats on the market. Our forward-facing son is in a Diono Radian 3RXT and that is also incredibly slim (not good for rear-facing though). There are good seats out there that will give you additional room. I highly recommend the Slimfit3/True3Fit.

PurdueGK

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrrtt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was actually surprised at how much space there was for car seats. I have one forward facing and one rear facing. I am able to sit in the seat that is in front of the rear facing child seat comfortably and I am a large man. 6’3”.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As long as we're talking front-facing, I've been perfectly happy with the back seat room (just get ready for small footprints on your seatback).

My only gripe is that even with the seatback in its most reclined position, it is still too upright for a few harness booster type seats. Had to play musical carseats with the fleet when my daughter's Graco Tranzitions wouldn't sit right, had to use one of her older convertibles instead.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've got a tall 3.5 year old facing forward and a 6 month old facing rear. I'm 6 ft tall, so I put the rear facing seat behind me to give my daughter more leg room on the passenger side. I think both seats fit nicely. I have the Graco slim fit car seat and the Graco snug-lock 35 infant seat.
Sponsored