Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So do you work for:
  1. Jeep Dealership?
  2. Stellantis / Jeep Corporate?
  3. Stellantis / Jeep Marketing or Marketing partner company?
We're all wondering, first dead giveaway, you own a Fiat product "2018 Fiat 124 Abarth".
HEY! Those are kinda cool, my first car was a POS 1973 Fiat 124 Spider šŸ˜…

Edit: The new ones even have funny nicknames, like Miat, Fiata, etc.
Sponsored

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I stopped by Airport Marina Ford in LA earlier to try and test drive a Bronco (no, they donā€™t have one you can actually driveā€¦just a display Sasquatch model they rub with a diaperā€¦oh and a first edition with a $50k premium :rolleyes:). And while I was pawing it, I noticed that the tailgate isnā€™t exactly ā€˜squareā€™ when closing. I realize the 32ā€ tire on the back adds a not insignificant amount of weight but the door seems to sag a tad right before it hits the striker resulting in what seems to be a louder and higher impact ā€˜clickā€™ than what I would expect if it were perfectly plumb. Wondering how long before this becomes an issue out in the real world where people actually use these things instead of rubbing them with a diaper.
Yes. I noticed it on the Wildtrack I test drove Saturday.

OP
OP

WoodberryBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So do you work for:
  1. Jeep Dealership?
  2. Stellantis / Jeep Corporate?
  3. Stellantis / Jeep Marketing or Marketing partner company?
We're all wondering, first dead giveaway, you own a Fiat product "2018 Fiat 124 Abarth".
Lol. No. Iā€™m a Bronco fan like yā€™allā€¦and also a hopeless Ford fan despite the logic side of my brain reminding me of all the issues Iā€™ve had with the oval over the yearsā€¦hoping that they are going to be as awesome as we all hope theyā€™ll be and not come with 1) defective transmissions like the one I got on my 2016 F250 (warranty replacement at ~8400 miles, waited 3 months for them to build me one in Mexico (because dealers donā€™t carry spare parts like THAT) and had to drive a Taco rental. This was a problem because the 250 was a work truck I used to haul exotic cars around California and towing a Ferrari in a race trailer on the back of a Taco thru the Grapevine (twice) was not a pleasant experience. Or 2) the oil leaking geyser issues I had on my 350GT brand spanking new which the dealer was never able to fix to my (or my garage floorā€™s satisfaction).

and yeahā€¦my daily driver is currently a Fiata spider. Wanna know something? Itā€™s great! Perfect SoCal car. Never had a problem. 32,000 miles on it and the Abarth package on it handles better than a 911 Turbo S in the canyons. Top goes up and down in under 3 seconds. And itā€™s fast. Pulled over twice by CHP and let go with warnings both times. Would never happen in a ā€˜luxuryā€™ car. Retails for $32k Picked one up used w/ 10k last year for $20k. Japanese reliability and Italian styling at Chrysler prices. It was a no brainer.ā˜®

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drove over and took a look tonight. pics attached. sales guy told me 7 months wait no matter what before they can sell. Said they will be adding 15-30k on top of MSRP for any orders that are delivered and the buyer opts out of. They had the first FE in the state they said and it sold for 115k apparently.

This one as you can see is a base sas which looks pretty dope and the color looks really nice at night. Anyways - super fun to look at and I'm getting real excited. Dealer took my number if they get any that owner opts out of. dang thats a nasty mark up tho!

Didn't notice the door hang issue but didn't look super close.

Ford Bronco Anyone else notice gap on tailgate? IMG_8256.JPG

Ford Bronco Anyone else notice gap on tailgate? IMG_8254.JPG

IMG_8255.JPG

IMG_8251.JPG

IMG_8252.JPG

IMG_8253.JPG

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drove over and took a look tonight. pics attached. sales guy told me 7 months wait no matter what before they can sell. Said they will be adding 15-30k on top of MSRP for any orders that are delivered and the buyer opts out of. They had the first FE in the state they said and it sold for 115k apparently.

This one as you can see is a base sas which looks pretty dope and the color looks really nice at night. Anyways - super fun to look at and I'm getting real excited. Dealer took my number if they get any that owner opts out of. dang thats a nasty mark up tho!

Didn't notice the door hang issue but didn't look super close.

Ford Bronco Anyone else notice gap on tailgate? IMG_8253.JPG

That soft top looks great. (y)

Sponsored

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That soft top looks great. (y)
Ha I think youā€™re being facetious - you donā€™t hear much love for the soft top per se. but ive decided the point of the soft top is to have it back and enjoy from the inside.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Um yeahā€¦I guess I meant to write 35ā€. Good thing I have guys like you to check my math and temperature and blood typeā€¦
I keep seeing this happen... New users joining and being assholes to people. Am I going crazy or is this just becoming more and more frequent?

It's like moving to Africa and being racist. I can't begin to understand the gall of a newcomer throwing weight at strangers in a preexisting community.

crazy-pills-will-ferrell.gif

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ha I think youā€™re being facetious - you donā€™t hear much love for the soft top per se. but ive decided the point of the soft top is to have it back and enjoy from the inside.
The point of the soft top is to get a priority code other than 99

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

wtf. Are people just trying super hard to find the littlest of issues now.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I stopped by Airport Marina Ford in LA earlier to try and test drive a Bronco (no, they donā€™t have one you can actually driveā€¦just a display Sasquatch model they rub with a diaperā€¦oh and a first edition with a $50k premium :rolleyes:). And while I was pawing it, I noticed that the tailgate isnā€™t exactly ā€˜squareā€™ when closing. I realize the 32ā€ tire on the back adds a not insignificant amount of weight but the door seems to sag a tad right before it hits the striker resulting in what seems to be a louder and higher impact ā€˜clickā€™ than what I would expect if it were perfectly plumb. Wondering how long before this becomes an issue out in the real world where people actually use these things instead of rubbing them with a diaper.
Not an issue.
Sponsored