Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I stopped by Airport Marina Ford in LA earlier to try and test drive a Bronco (no, they don’t have one you can actually drive…just a display Sasquatch model they rub with a diaper…oh and a first edition with a $50k premium :rolleyes:). And while I was pawing it, I noticed that the tailgate isn’t exactly ‘square’ when closing. I realize the 32” tire on the back adds a not insignificant amount of weight but the door seems to sag a tad right before it hits the striker resulting in what seems to be a louder and higher impact ‘click’ than what I would expect if it were perfectly plumb. Wondering how long before this becomes an issue out in the real world where people actually use these things instead of rubbing them with a diaper.
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine has no such problem. There are a couple alignment issues I’d like adjusted but the tailgate is not one of them!

TimboSlice

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stopped by Airport Marina Ford in LA earlier to try and test drive a Bronco (no, they don’t have one you can actually drive…just a display Sasquatch model they rub with a diaper…oh and a first edition with a $50k premium :rolleyes:). And while I was pawing it, I noticed that the tailgate isn’t exactly ‘square’ when closing. I realize the 32” tire on the back adds a not insignificant amount of weight but the door seems to sag a tad right before it hits the striker resulting in what seems to be a louder and higher impact ‘click’ than what I would expect if it were perfectly plumb. Wondering how long before this becomes an issue out in the real world where people actually use these things instead of rubbing them with a diaper.
Yeah when I spoke to a rep yesterday they told me the first edition bid was currently at 120k...weird though bc he also said the basesquatch was available to test drive you just had to reserve a time

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Joined yesterday and your first post is to bring a ghost problem? hmmmm

What is your reservation date?
What is your build?
What type of blood you have?
Why is webasto?
This is a tricky question...Why Wildtrack is more expensive than badlands if badlands is more capable an equipped than wildtrack?
final question: are you a robot? Yes_ No_

OP
OP

WoodberryBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah when I spoke to a rep yesterday they told me the first edition bid was currently at 120k...weird though bc he also said the basesquatch was available to test drive you just had to reserve a time
I was told the Sasquatch they have is display only and they’re not even allowed to sell it for 6 months per FORD. It even has a huge sign on it that says NOT FOR SALE DISPLAY ONLY. Lol. But if they let you take it for a spin LMK…it’s a soft top and they won’t even let you play with that to see how easy/hard it is to open or close. Salesman (Jose Sanchez) told me they’re under orders not to play with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
What it would be weird is a First Edition and a Sasquatch with a 32" spare tire.

OP
OP

WoodberryBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What it would be weird is a First Edition and a Sasquatch with a 32" spare tire.
Um yeah…I guess I meant to write 35”. Good thing I have guys like you to check my math and temperature and blood type…

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Um yeah…I guess I meant to write 35”. Good thing I have guys like you to check my math and temperature and blood type…
Well Welcome to the forum!

I must warn you, this is not for weak minds. Your emotion will be tested all the time as you can go from happiness to depression in the same thread.

You will laugh, get mad, be happy and depressed within an hour.

Now, regarding to your concern. Nobody has reported something like that, but my best guess, it is because the dealer applied wax to the tailgate when he shouldn't.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is your reservation date?
What is your build?
What type of blood you have?
Why is webasto?
This is a tricky question...Why Wildtrack is more expensive than badlands if badlands is more capable an equipped than wildtrack?
final question: are you a robot? Yes_ No_
maybe he is a Jeep salesman.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So do you work for:
  1. Jeep Dealership?
  2. Stellantis / Jeep Corporate?
  3. Stellantis / Jeep Marketing or Marketing partner company?
We're all wondering, first dead giveaway, you own a Fiat product "2018 Fiat 124 Abarth".

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pics?

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now, regarding to your concern. Nobody has reported something like that, but my best guess, it is because the dealer applied wax to the tailgate when he shouldn't.
You join just 7 months ago and that’s how you welcome new members??

Pre production pics made the rounds showing the exact problem he is describing. That happened several months before you joined though…

Hopefully that was just a pre production issue, but the weight of a 35” tire and rim hanging on the back of a side mounted tailgate has potential for long term repercussions.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm concerned about your affinity for diapers. I don't think I've seen that word used twice in all the threads I've seen here, yet you used it twice in the same post!

BroncoBC

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank God they didn’t want to check your prostate! Lol
Sponsored