Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like the noises of the bronco change quite often. One day the CarPlay nav voice is beautiful and soothing, then the next it’s a grumpy robot voice. Then this morning the beeps and chimes all sounded different. No updates that I can see (I’m still on 3.5.2- waiting on the CarPlay update). I haven’t changed any settings. Just thought it was a bit weird! Anyone else get this?
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is your voltage? The only time my beeps/chimes sounded different were when my alternator shit the bed and my car was in low power mode and the beeps sounded like your standard beep a computer makes turning on. As if it were a standalone emergency/backup beep vs the chimes through the Ford sync system.

As for the voice, android auto has been consistent for me. Every now and then a certain word is in a different voice but its only happened a couple times on unique street names that I think just aren't programmed.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems like the noises of the bronco change quite often. One day the CarPlay nav voice is beautiful and soothing, then the next it’s a grumpy robot voice. Then this morning the beeps and chimes all sounded different. No updates that I can see (I’m still on 3.5.2- waiting on the CarPlay update). I haven’t changed any settings. Just thought it was a bit weird! Anyone else get this?
I love these posts... Fords electronics are "possessed" My bronco's demons are in the lights and windows. Headlights come on at random when parked, and windows decide whether they want to go up or not.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is your voltage? The only time my beeps/chimes sounded different were when my alternator shit the bed and my car was in low power mode and the beeps sounded like your standard beep a computer makes turning on. As if it were a standalone emergency/backup beep vs the chimes through the Ford sync system.

As for the voice, android auto has been consistent for me. Every now and then a certain word is in a different voice but its only happened a couple times on unique street names that I think just aren't programmed.
Voltage looks good and normal. The beeps and bells literally have changed completely. It’s just weird! No idea why. It’s like someone went in and changed the “ringtone” of the bronco.

ToddLabbq

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did notice that on Saturday when using apple carplay waze app it was giving me voice directions in two different voices.

Sponsored

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did notice that on Saturday when using apple carplay waze app it was giving me voice directions in two different voices.
I have had the same thing happening for the last week or so. It is odd.

sklnbnzaz

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me... The electronic (Nokia type) of tones vs the softer tones in Fords seems to indicate that the voltage is reading a little low. As far as voices, I can tell you that Siri in Car Play goes to more of a muted thin sounding voice when coverage is not as good and the softer fuller sounding voice when coverage is good. Been this way in every single ford I've owned since they changed to the softer chime tones.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
My guess is its an Apple thing. Tomorrow when you start the Bronco, you might hear the Chinese national anthem.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess is its an Apple thing. Tomorrow when you start the Bronco, you might hear the Chinese national anthem.
That could be with the CarPlay voices. But the chimes and noises from the bronco itself? The seatbelt warning changed sounds, the “light switch is on” chime sounds different (when you accidentally hit the switch with your knee). It’s just strange!
My voltage has shown 13.4 to 14.6 during idle and driving.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same here. Voltage looks fine. Just sounds different. Like a cheaper sound.

OP
OP
Snowdogyyz

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did it again this morning. Did some weird chimes when I got in then the seatbelt chime sounded different than usual sound. Voltage is fine. Cannot figure out why this happens at random.
Sponsored