Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I finally got around to installing my perch collar lift on my '22 Badsquatch. I couldn't get an appointment to get an alignment for about a week after installation. When I could finally get in at the alignment shop, they called me 3 hours after I dropped it off to let me know I could come get it. When I got there, they had removed the Sasquatch wheel trim rings on all my wheels to get the sensors on. I saw this and had immediate mixed feelings. On one hand, they did what they had to do to get them on, on the other, they dismantled a sensitive area of my wheel. How many people have stripped the holes or broken trim ring bolts getting those off? I have read a lot of threads with owners pissed that they break so easily. In the end, all the bolts went back in and there were no issues, but, the potential for catastrophe was there. On the other hand, I know my bolts will come out easily when I install my beadlock rings. So, if you go get your vehicle aligned, beware! They may remove your trim rings. If they are idiots, they may remove your beadlock rings and get a flat on the alignment rack!
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Depending on the alignment machine heads that they have/use, it’s completely possible they wouldn’t fit without removing them.
Some need to mount or clamp directly onto the wheel. I would probably be glad they removed the rings instead of trying to mount the heads on them causing damage.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

One of the first things I did to my Base was getting the rings powder coated. They all came off and went back on but it definitely required patience and finesse because it felt like could seize or cross thread at any moment. I put a little anti seize when reinstalling and glad I did. I could see it being a major problem with a little corrosion. I ended up anti seizing the bolts on my other Broncos just because of that, to prevent future problems.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I finally got around to installing my perch collar lift on my '22 Badsquatch. I couldn't get an appointment to get an alignment for about a week after installation. When I could finally get in at the alignment shop, they called me 3 hours after I dropped it off to let me know I could come get it. When I got there, they had removed the Sasquatch wheel trim rings on all my wheels to get the sensors on. I saw this and had immediate mixed feelings. On one hand, they did what they had to do to get them on, on the other, they dismantled a sensitive area of my wheel. How many people have stripped the holes or broken trim ring bolts getting those off? I have read a lot of threads with owners pissed that they break so easily. In the end, all the bolts went back in and there were no issues, but, the potential for catastrophe was there. On the other hand, I know my bolts will come out easily when I install my beadlock rings. So, if you go get your vehicle aligned, beware! They may remove your trim rings. If they are idiots, they may remove your beadlock rings and get a flat on the alignment rack!
My alignment machine is one of these types. What I do is clamp the sensor carriage on the INSIDE of the ring. Like you said I have beadlocks on mine and cant remove them. My next alignment machine wont have this limitation, but thats $40k I really cant spend just this moment!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on the alignment machine heads that they have/use, it’s completely possible they wouldn’t fit without removing them.
Some need to mount or clamp directly onto the wheel. I would probably be glad they removed the rings instead of trying to mount the heads on them causing damage.
This ^^^, not all alignment racks are of the same capacity / ability. The dealer couldn't do my alignment after lift & tires because it wouldn't fit on their rack & referred me to the alignment shop I wanted to go to from the start but was concerned about time not having the specs yet due to others experiences.

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be getting alignments at the dealer. Regular tire shops are terrible. The dealer's work may not be better, but they seem more likely to have the right equipment at least.

OP
OP
AttackGuy64

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My alignment machine is one of these types. What I do is clamp the sensor carriage on the INSIDE of the ring. Like you said I have beadlocks on mine and cant remove them. My next alignment machine wont have this limitation, but thats $40k I really cant spend just this moment!
I didn't post the rest of the story because it has nothing to do with wheels, but, they couldn't even get the alignment done. Their machine would not align any vehicle after 2020. I had to take it to the dealer a few days later and get it completed. At least they didn't charge me for the attempt.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AttackGuy64

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be getting alignments at the dealer. Regular tire shops are terrible. The dealer's work may not be better, but they seem more likely to have the right equipment at least.
My concern is that I am going with beadlock rings when I replace my Goodyears with General Grabber X3 37s in a few months. If I have to align again due to mishap or parts wearing out, I hope I can find a shop that can do it. Otherwise, I will have to learn how to do it myself with a tape measure, angle finder, and a yardstick. Don't get me started on balancing, I am going with balance beads moving forward.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks this is a good tip to know and ask an alignment shop. Alignments are fussy and I find that it's hard to find a good alignment shop these days.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't post the rest of the story because it has nothing to do with wheels, but, they couldn't even get the alignment done. Their machine would not align any vehicle after 2020. I had to take it to the dealer a few days later and get it completed. At least they didn't charge me for the attempt.
Mine won't update after 2012, but what you can do is print out the specs from Alldata or equivalent and type them in manually (what I do)