First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The wireless charging pad in the Lux package originally did a great job charging my iPhone. After about a week it literally just overheats my phone while not adding any charge. Anyone else experienced this and figured out how to make it work?
Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How thick is your case?

Macloven

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500e, Svartpilen 401
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine worked first day, will try again. I'm using a spigen iphone13 case and it definitely picked up a decent charge in around 15 minutes.

Rugbystar

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Wildtrak soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine barely charges mine as well, and it gets hot (likely due to wireless CarPlay running at the same time). No case so I’ll be curious if this is not normal..

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine barely charges mine as well, and it gets hot (likely due to wireless CarPlay running at the same time). No case so I’ll be curious if this is not normal..
Yes I think thats a big part of the efficiency. I use Android Auto and the pad, while functional, never charged that quickly. Android Auto is draining just as fast as the pad can charge, and my phone also gets noticably hot.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Completely normal. Wireless charger is useless get a real one. CarPlay has nothing to do with that pad putting your phone into nuclear meltdown.

OP
OP

Mr.FantastiK

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How thick is your case?
Case is fairly thin in my opinion and is the same case I used originally when it worked fine. I will test no case next time I have a long trip to make.

OP
OP

Mr.FantastiK

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought that at first too and may have to test the theory. The weird thing Is that I was running Wireless Carplay when it was originally working fine too. Sounds like the feature wont be very useful regardless which sucks. I like the look of no cords for sure.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i think the placement on a stick shift is different, but never had an issue on mine. I have an Apple thin case too, ao maybe that helps. When I put my phone down it sits perfect against the coil.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a Magback case on my iPhone 12 ProMax. I've commented before that the charging pad is very hit or miss. I don't use any apps while driving (I listen to Sirius), and it does get warm. It also bounces around and slides off the "charge" point. My screen will pop up with notifications that it's charging or not charging frequently. I've determined it's not reliable enough that if I'm on a long trip I'll be connecting it with a cable to one of the USB ports in the Wildtrak.

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gave up on the pad, got a Trackform charger/mount, it’s pretty trick. I’ll post a video soon of my build, it’s almost done.

Ford Bronco Anyone figure out the wireless pad? 297E24D5-D80D-441E-92FC-575E11C4DC1A

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've never had a home wireless charger that was worth a damn, so getting the High package without the charging pad didn't make me feel too bad. Honestly, don't expect much from it. The technology still isn't up to snuff in my opinion.

WhiteTrash

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been using cheap Amazon wireless chargers for years and never had an issue. I rarely plug my phone in to charge it. I’ve tried a few phones in my bronco and it only heats them up, doesn’t really charge them at all. Even my car charger is a magnetic docking wireless one, I use that instead of the factory one since it’s useless.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm with Phil on this one. My wife and I have several Qi charging pad devices in our home and have owned 3-ish others in the past. We've still never have had one that was super reliable. I just don't think the technology is all that just yet, or is super hit and miss based upon manufacturer and device/case configuration.
Sponsored