Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There used to be an Oakley exec that had a night camo wrapped Mercedes and I've always wanted to do something like that since I saw it. If you did it slightly translucent over Rapid Red, could have a very sick look.
Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was looking into having my wife's 2021 ford Explorer PPF and they wanted 8 to 12 thousand just to do that.
HELL NO !!!

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I ever get one, I'm planning on getting it wrapped. Found a local guy that is incredibly reasonably priced that does excellent work.

Also pro tip if you're planning on or even maybe wrapping it, buy a color that will work well.

Most people recommend Black paint for a vehicle that will be wrapped for two reasons:

1) You won't have to wrap inside the doors (and in the case of the Bronco the roll cage). Black goes with everything.
2) You won't see the OG color through the body gaps. Buy a Cyber Orange and try to wrap it Olive Drab... You're going to see through the gaps.

I can't (don't want to) own a black vehicle so I went with Carbonized Gray. I'm planning on going with an Avery Colorshift Green Wrap so I think it will look fine.

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get an expert to do it . Think of it this way, your first oil painting won't be your masterpiece. Nor will your diy wrap. It'll look bad and will have cost you in materials and time.
And you’ll end up having a pro do it anyway. So you’ve spent more money and time. Let us do it right the first and be done with it. Us installers just laugh at the DIY’rs. We have Instagram pages dedicated to the crap stuff out there. It’s almost comical how bad people screw things up. Not to mention cuts to your paint.

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I ever get one, I'm planning on getting it wrapped. Found a local guy that is incredibly reasonably priced that does excellent work.

Also pro tip if you're planning on or even maybe wrapping it, buy a color that will work well.

Most people recommend Black paint for a vehicle that will be wrapped for two reasons:

1) You won't have to wrap inside the doors (and in the case of the Bronco the roll cage). Black goes with everything.
2) You won't see the OG color through the body gaps. Buy a Cyber Orange and try to wrap it Olive Drab... You're going to see through the gaps.

I can't (don't want to) own a black vehicle so I went with Carbonized Gray. I'm planning on going with an Avery Colorshift Green Wrap so I think it will look fine.
Nailed it! It’s why this certified installer ordered his in black. 😉.

Sadly, you’ll see the grey on yours like you mentioned. If you don’t want black, then try to find a color of vinyl that’s in the same color range as the paint you have. Get grey paint and there’s about 15-20 different shades (between multiple different manufacturers) of grey in different shines to choose from. (Gloss, satin, matte, etc) Your original grey will be hidden really well, like black paint would be. To much contrast between Avery Flip Green and Bronco grey. Definitely have your installer do a few test pieces in different areas so you can have a good look. Pull it out in the sun and view from every angle. Even the gap between the glass windshield and the body will show your original body color.
Sponsored