First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Inside Front of Rear Fender: I see those ripples being a pain. Maybe an inlay or just leave it black.
1609697704428.jpeg

b
You will absolutely run an inlay there. But only if your Bronco isn’t black. If it’s black, leave it. You’ll never notice it not wrapped when the doors are off. If wrapping, you will absolutely have to remove the bolts. They’ll stay the body color. But you can paint them black before installing back on, if they’re not black already. The little ridges on that one panel in the jam area are non issue. Vinyl is made to go around stuff like that. Easy stuff.
Sponsored

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on wrapping mine as well. Completely forgot I’ll have to wrap the door jambs as I plan on getting the tube doors.

The rear hinges are going to be PITA to wrap. I’m definitely getting it down professionally this time around
Order your baby in Onyx Black if you’re dead set on wrapping. Install company should charge you less, and the finished product will look a gazillion times better. Plus you won’t need to wrap every square inch trying to hide the original color.

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hinges are really my sticking point. I guess you could wrap each part, but the pin area just doesn’t look like it would wrap properly. Really wish they hadn’t gone all Wrangler on this part of the Bronco.
He’s gonna do my roll bars white and grill white. If I receive my bronco first I’ll let you know how it all goes. I’ve known him my whole life so he is doing the labor for free. He’s in Nor-cal for anyone interested.
We’re doing ours white as well. kinda like the press photos. But we’re wrapping it in light/pastel Green with white accents.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

plastidip the jambs they make every color

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
plastidip the jambs they make every color
Very true. But you touch the area that’s dipped while climbing in/out, and it’s scratched. Off road with the doors off and she’s getting scratched up. You’ll have to peel and redo every time. Vinyl is a lot more durable then dip. Even then, I’m still doing PPF over my wrapped jams.

I do love black plastic dip for impossible areas. Like inside the star head bolt on the rear hinge.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick background…
I wrap cars for a living.(Though I mainly do walls now days as there’s a lot more money in it) I’m an Avery Certified, 3M Preferred and Arlon Wrap It Right Certified installer. .

We’re wrapping our Bronco the first day we get it. (4dr Badlands SAS Lux) Infact, the vinyl came in today. (See attached pic). We’re wrapping it in Avery Gloss Light Pistachio. It’s very close to the original 1960’s light/pastel green.

We chose to order ours in Onyx Black. Strictly because Black is the easiest color to wrap. And we didn’t want any of the factory colors. Black plays a trick on your eyes and you don’t see it. Think black molding. It’s just not something you notice.

I’ll be doing the jams because of how easy the doors come off. Door handle removal is the same as the new F150, easy. Fenders flares obviously remove easily as well. So does the grill. It’ll be an easy install. I am planning on doing clear bra to the door jam area so it’s protected when you get in and out. (Yes, clear bra can go over vinyl wrap)

As for the rear hinge. I’m going to leave it black. You’ll never notice it, especially with black handles and black mirrors, black roof and that big black 35” rim & tire on the back. No one will be behind me at a light and say “Look, the hinge isn’t in the same body color.” No one. Now, if you have any color but black paint and you wrap your Bronco, then yes, absolutely you’ll see the contrast and it’ll look like dig meat. For example, your wrapping your rig in Satin White and the paint is blue and you leave the hinge, then yep, it’ll look like junk.

If you plan on wrapping. Order Onyx Black. The rear hinge can absolutely be wrapped. It’s no biggie. What you can’t wrap is inside the star head bolt. The quick way around that is to wrap it all. Then mask off the bolt and spray black plastic dip inside the star. It’s how it’s done on Jeeps. Again, black hides everything.

If you guys have any questions, ask away and I’ll answer them.
B27B403C-42ED-4A83-B225-0485E75FD62A.jpeg
Thank you for this post!!

Couple questions for you. Is it easy to wrap the door handle covers?

I was thinking about wrapping mine gloss black ( and grille) but painting will probably not be that much more expensive for those parts.

Also do you plan on removing the bronco emblem and sticking it back on over the wrap?

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for this post!!

Couple questions for you. Is it easy to wrap the door handle covers?

I was thinking about wrapping mine gloss black ( and grille) but painting will probably not be that much more expensive for those parts.

Also do you plan on removing the bronco emblem and sticking it back on over the wrap?
Handles are easy to wrap, but only if they’re painted. If they’re the basic plastic ones, then sadly the answer is no. Someone will for sure wrap them and the vinyl will stay on for a little bit, but they’ll fail, aka peel. Same goes with the fenders. The textured/porous surface doesn’t create a good enough bite for the vinyl to stick.

As for the rear logo. I’ll remove it. Wrap the tailgate and then reapply it. Badges are only stuck on with 3M VHB tape. You can buy it HD. Nothing special with the stuff. The Badlands badge on the front fenders I’ll remove completely and I’m thinking of replace other the Bronco text written out. Saw somewhere today that someone is making them. I like that old school look.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Handles are easy to wrap, but only if they’re painted. If they’re the basic plastic ones, then sadly the answer is no. Someone will for sure wrap them and the vinyl will stay on for a little bit, but they’ll fail, aka peel. Same goes with the fenders. The textured/porous surface doesn’t create a good enough bite for the vinyl to stick.

As for the rear logo. I’ll remove it. Wrap the tailgate and then reapply it. Badges are only stuck on with 3M VHB tape. You can buy it HD. Nothing special with the stuff. The Badlands badge on the front fenders I’ll remove completely and I’m thinking of replace other the Bronco text written out. Saw somewhere today that someone is making them. I like that old school look.
Copy thanks man! I’m getting a badlands too so I’ll have to order the paintable handles or find someone to swap with.

Yup! There’s a thread on here when the guy is selling them in a variety of finishes. Better get them quick before Ford gets him for copyright.

I made my own version of the badlands stickers so that’s what I’ll be using

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick background…
I wrap cars for a living.(Though I mainly do walls now days as there’s a lot more money in it) I’m an Avery Certified, 3M Preferred and Arlon Wrap It Right Certified installer. .

We’re wrapping our Bronco the first day we get it. (4dr Badlands SAS Lux) Infact, the vinyl came in today. (See attached pic). We’re wrapping it in Avery Gloss Light Pistachio. It’s very close to the original 1960’s light/pastel green.

We chose to order ours in Onyx Black. Strictly because Black is the easiest color to wrap. And we didn’t want any of the factory colors. Black plays a trick on your eyes and you don’t see it. Think black molding. It’s just not something you notice.

I’ll be doing the jams because of how easy the doors come off. Door handle removal is the same as the new F150, easy. Fenders flares obviously remove easily as well. So does the grill. It’ll be an easy install. I am planning on doing clear bra to the door jam area so it’s protected when you get in and out. (Yes, clear bra can go over vinyl wrap)

As for the rear hinge. I’m going to leave it black. You’ll never notice it, especially with black handles and black mirrors, black roof and that big black 35” rim & tire on the back. No one will be behind me at a light and say “Look, the hinge isn’t in the same body color.” No one. Now, if you have any color but black paint and you wrap your Bronco, then yes, absolutely you’ll see the contrast and it’ll look like dig meat. For example, your wrapping your rig in Satin White and the paint is blue and you leave the hinge, then yep, it’ll look like junk.

If you plan on wrapping. Order Onyx Black. The rear hinge can absolutely be wrapped. It’s no biggie. What you can’t wrap is inside the star head bolt. The quick way around that is to wrap it all. Then mask off the bolt and spray black plastic dip inside the star. It’s how it’s done on Jeeps. Again, black hides everything.

If you guys have any questions, ask away and I’ll answer them.
B27B403C-42ED-4A83-B225-0485E75FD62A.jpeg
What is the average lifespan of vehicle wrap? Do they need to be replaced after 5 years or something?
I heard it is a massive pain to remove, is that true and does it hurt the paint underneath during removal?

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the average lifespan of vehicle wrap? Do they need to be replaced after 5 years or something?
I heard it is a massive pain to remove, is that true and does it hurt the paint underneath during removal?
Not necessarily.
First of all. Manufacturers don’t warranty wraps. They don’t quote it as a “warranty”. It’s labeled as “durability”. This way they have a grey area. Second. No horizontal surface is covered. (hood, roof, etc) Plus anything more than 10° past vertical. So a hood isn’t covered, but your doors are. But where the door starts turning to horizontal, past 10°, is not covered. So any shop saying different is lying and just trying to make a sale. Vertical usually comes with 3 year durability coverage. But good luck getting a manufactured to do anything. And even then they won’t cover any labor. Honestly, I’ve only seen a few vinyl failures in the industry. And when it happens, it happens to specific color sometimes. And usually the manufacturer will cover it and they want to know what’s wrong so they can fix it. But 99.9% of the time, the vinyl isn’t going to fail or have any issues.

Wraps can last as long you want them too, honestly. Always park it outside. Let the birds shit on it. Tree sap, contaminants in the air sitting on it and you never wash it, etc. You’ll get a year, maybe. Park it inside out of direct sun, keep it clean. Keep it waxed. It’ll last for ever. It’s totally up to you, and obviously, scratches from off-roading are never covered. The actual shop that installed it is the one that would cover such things as it peeling up or bubbles, as that’s an install issue.

The reason we wax wraps (synthetic spray wax only. Never use a machine to install wax. Ever!) is to keep the dirty contaminants in the air from sitting directly on the vinyl. For example, your pool equipment outside. It’s made out of PVC which is a petroleum product. Vinyl is the same. All your pool pipes are painted. If not they’d turn brown. (I’m sure you’ve seen burned PVC pipes before) Same with the vinyl. Think of that paint like wax for your wrap. Same concept. We need to be protecting the surface. The sun doesn’t burn the wrap like people think (brown burnt wraps are all around town. Again, I’m sure you’ve seen them.) What’s happening is the sun is burning those contaminants, which is causing the vinyl to burn. Horizontal is always the first to go because contaminate fall with gravity, landing on horizontal surfaces first. So washing and waxing regularly is a must. Make it even better by parking it, during the day, in covered parking out of the direct sun. Do that, and the wrap will last a long time. Ignore the wrap and treat it like crap, it’s not going to last that long.

As for removal. Yes, they can be a royal pain to remove. Or super easy. If you’ve been nice to wrap for 4-5 years, it’ll come off fairly clean using a torch to heat it up. The wrap you let go and is burned and cracked will be nightmare and can ruin your paint.

if you’ve ever noticed a burnt wrap out in town, it’s always the commercial vehicles. Because they’re always outside and never washed and the guy driving doesn’t give a crap about them. You never see a burnt and trashed wrap on a private car that’s been taken care of. Plus color change vinyl has built in UV inhibitors in it so they tend to last longer. Printed wraps don’t.

I have to mention Primer 94 & wrap removal…
Primer 94 is an adhesive promoter that 3M recommends to put down in certain spots to help hold the vinyl down. (Think deep channel) It’s nasty stuff and doesn’t come off. There’s no need to use the stuff if the installer knows what they’re doing. I promise. So before you go get your Bronco wrapped. Ask if they use Primer 94, if they do, walk away. You do NOT want that stuff on your paint. Period.

Hope I answered your questions

Last edited:

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He’s gonna do my roll bars white and grill white. If I receive my bronco first I’ll let you know how it all goes. I’ve known him my whole life so he is doing the labor for free. He’s in Nor-cal for anyone interested.
if he's Bay Area I'd be interested in his contact info. My Bronco comes in the color I want (CO) but I'm considering a clear bra on some areas, if that's something he does. Might also try to do it myself, can't really break anything and it's something new to do, but I don't know if I'd get to it soon and I'd like to have the front edges etc protected soon. Thx!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick background…
I wrap cars for a living.(Though I mainly do walls now days as there’s a lot more money in it)

really appreciate your input here and on some other thread about wrapping, was always wondering about some of those things, thank you! But I have to ask what you mean by you do walls? People wrap their walls? Or is that in offices/conventions etc? Not to side track this interesting thread, just curious.

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
really appreciate your input here and on some other thread about wrapping, was always wondering about some of those things, thank you! But I have to ask what you mean by you do walls? People wrap their walls? Or is that in offices/conventions etc? Not to side track this interesting thread, just curious.
Yes. Walls. Big and flat. Get paid by the square foot. Giant 12” squeegee and it goes down easy and fast. Office walls, barricades, etc. I’m part of a national team that is rebranding Walmart stores. So I fly all over the country and install. Believe it or not, some stores we wrap the exterior of the building in vinyl. 4,000-5,000af at a time. I also install wall wraps at resorts here in Phoenix for trade shows and events. They’ll decorate the whole place with graphics all I over the walls, have the show and then we remove a few days later. Money is incredible. Or I can wrap a car that takes 2-3 days. Requires me to bend over and get in weird positions. Be intricate with a knife and trimming and get paid a fraction of the price.after 2 back surgeries, I’m getting to old to wrap cars every day. LOL Plus the big money is in the flat stuff.

I’m 100% a mobile installer. I don’t have a shop. I drive around in my Transit Connect and install vinyl. All day. Every day. Super low overhead and don’t have to deal with retail customers. All my stuff is commercial installs. In fact, I don’t even have a website because I don’t deal with retail.

Heres a basic 300sf wall wrap for Hayward Pools headquarters here in Phoenix.
91DE6352-387D-4172-B95F-9F61BB44F5E0.jpeg

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. Walls. Big and flat. Get paid by the square foot. Giant 12” squeegee and it goes down easy and fast. Office walls, barricades, etc. I’m part of a national team that is rebranding Walmart stores. So I fly all over the country and install. Believe it or not, some stores we wrap the exterior of the building in vinyl. 4,000-5,000af at a time. I also install wall wraps at resorts here in Phoenix for trade shows and events. They’ll decorate the whole place with graphics all I over the walls, have the show and then we remove a few days later. Money is incredible. Or I can wrap a car that takes 2-3 days. Requires me to bend over and get in weird positions. Be intricate with a knife and trimming and get paid a fraction of the price.after 2 back surgeries, I’m getting to old to wrap cars every day. LOL Plus the big money is in the flat stuff.

I’m 100% a mobile installer. I don’t have a shop. I drive around in my Transit Connect and install vinyl. All day. Every day. Super low overhead and don’t have to deal with retail customers. All my stuff is commercial installs. In fact, I don’t even have a website because I don’t deal with retail.

Heres a basic 300sf wall wrap for Hayward Pools headquarters here in Phoenix.
Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion 91DE6352-387D-4172-B95F-9F61BB44F5E0
very cool, had no idea such business exists, but makes total sense, thanks for sharing!

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if he's Bay Area I'd be interested in his contact info. My Bronco comes in the color I want (CO) but I'm considering a clear bra on some areas, if that's something he does. Might also try to do it myself, can't really break anything and it's something new to do, but I don't know if I'd get to it soon and I'd like to have the front edges etc protected soon. Thx!
ProStyle Wraps, his name is Tony
Sponsored