Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was looking into things like PPF to protect the paint when I go off-road, but then I thought — if I’m getting my car wrapped, why not get a colored wrap? Protect the original paint and also opens up pretty much infinite options for colors.

I’ve never had a new car, let alone wrapped one. Could this be a good idea? Anyone planning to do this yourself?
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It'll look awful as a dyi project imo. Very difficult to get itndone well. Lots of shops who supposedly specialize in this stuff struggle with it regularly.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought about getting mine wrapped, but I don't know enough about it. I've read on here that it protects the paint, but then I saw someone post that it cracks and peels off, and then you have to repaint. So I'm just not sure.

I also kind of like this metal look, but I'm not sure how it would look on the Bronco:
Ford Bronco Anyone Getting a Full Vinyl Wrap? 1627773555278

Last edited:

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only after I get a ton of chips and scratches on my A51 color.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a huge dyi'er but a man's gotta know his limits and I would draw the line at a self wrap. I have looked into it and am considering a wrap myself, figure about $3500.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was looking into things like PPF to protect the paint when I go off-road, but then I thought — if I’m getting my car wrapped, why not get a colored wrap? Protect the original paint and also opens up pretty much infinite options for colors.

I’ve never had a new car, let alone wrapped one. Could this be a good idea? Anyone planning to do this yourself?
The company I work for wraps all their service vehicles. The wrap looks good for about five years, then we have the wrap removed, the paint beneath is pristine, and we flip ‘em for maximum resale value.

Getting a professional wrap done isn’t cheap. You can make the money back on resale though given the protection afforded by the vinyl over factory paint. If you want to only lease your Bronco, or intend to trade it in say one five years, and have the $5K handy to do the work, I say go for it. If you want to keep it long term (as I do, at least thus far) I wouldn’t bother. Wraps fade and peel eventually, and you would then need to redo it if you like the look.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought about getting mine wrapped, but I don't know enough about it. I've read on here that it protects the paint, but then I saw someone post that it cracks and peels off, and then you have to repaint. So I'm just not sure.
It does crack and look like crap if a junk product was used. PPF should be replaced after a certain amount of time Xpel is great PPF and had a 10 year warranty. I’m going to do stealth Xpel on mine myself with a friend. It has a 10 year warranty but to be safe i will plan to replace every 6-7 years.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the idea of it. Don’t know if I trust myself doing it myself and don’t have a lot of options where I live...

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can do a color change wrap, although it will protect the paint PPF will do a better job as it’s self healing and thicker. Also last longer.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Get an expert to do it . Think of it this way, your first oil painting won't be your masterpiece. Nor will your diy wrap. It'll look bad and will have cost you in materials and time.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only after I get a ton of chips and scratches on my A51 color.
I think that’s the wrong time to do a wrap because you’ll have to fill and smooth the chips, else they’ll show right through the wrap. Chips and scratches warrant a respray.

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Biltwild

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Titan Pro-4x , 2021 Ford Bronco 4Dr BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any idea what the "wear & tear kit" covers?
I’m thinking behind door handles , rocker panels and maybe door edges. That one might be worth the $88.95!
Sponsored