Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
He’s gonna do my roll bars white and grill white. If I receive my bronco first I’ll let you know how it all goes. I’ve known him my whole life so he is doing the labor for free. He’s in Nor-cal for anyone interested.
Going for the retro look. Nice. ? What‘s the body color?
Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going for the retro look. Nice. ? What‘s the body color?
Im ignoring the possibility of VB because I feel they are going to delay my order if I choose it so most likely CG(I don’t like disappointment.)But if VB doesn’t hurt my sort order then I’d probably go with that because I’ve had a few blue mustangs. I’ll be happy with either, just glad I saw the A51 in the sport first because I do not like that shade of blue.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im ignoring the possibility of VB because I feel they are going to delay my order if I choose it so most likely CG(I don’t like disappointment.)But if VB doesn’t hurt my sort order then I’d probably go with that because I’ve had a few blue mustangs. I’ll be happy with either, just glad I saw the A51 in the sport first because I do not like that shade of blue.
What shade of white are you picking?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What shade of white are you picking?
Not sure, probably arctic white. I need to look at his swatches. I think I Decided in these wheels so I’ll probably try to match the power coat.

Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion C0FE644D-F48D-4E16-93E0-4836FCD06B14

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Early on i had a talk with my wrap guy the hinges and some of the other design features could be an issue .
I could plastidip small areas like hinges, i could also cut seperate pieces to create the design im going for as well we will see im def doing it though ,even with my late avail options.
Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion Screenshot_20200808-154844_Gallery

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My
My goal (if I did it) would be to make it look like it was painted, not wrapped. Leaving the rear hinges shiny black would be a sign that it was wrapped.

For color, there are some good oranges to choose from, but if someone made a gloss pea/boxwood green, I might be tempted in that direction.

My thought was the hinges would just be a detail, like flares or the grill that are different colors.
That's why I asked and why they suggest black as the base color ..... or AMB! LOL

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My thought was the hinges would just be a detail, like flares or the grill that are different colors.
That's why I asked and why they suggest black as the base color ..... or AMB! LOL
I guess if you wrapped a black Wildtrak, the hinges would match the wheels, mirrors, and grille.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I‘m sure you could make it work. It’s one of those things that would bug me, but probably go unnoticed by most everyone else. I might wrap my sport bar satin black, even If I go A51 (and not wrap the rest). I really like how that looked on the concept.
I'm thinking about doing the same but with white. No idea how difficult or expensive that would be though.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm thinking about doing the same but with white. No idea how difficult or expensive that would be though.
The sport bar bend and hiding the seam over parts of it will be the most interesting challenge. I imagine if you paid someone else, it might add up. Although, a pro might be able to bust it out without issue.

Sponsored

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm considering a wrap (self wrap) as I did my wife's bronco sport upper. Wrap similar to my profile photo here, but i'd consider plasti-dip spray on the hinges. Something that if it looks bad i can just peel off and do a wrap instead. I think the hinges in a flat black would work as a nice contrast color. I'll probably post a video of how to wrap and what it takes. I havent done the full calculations yet as I have not seen, nor measured a full sized bronco but thinking about $500 in materials to do the work(vinyl).

The best part is, you can remove basically every panel, so i can toss on the dining room table and wrap in the comfort of the house once piece at a time .

PS...i've only ever wrapped once (on baby bronco) and surprised how easy it was

(note this is not a badlands that has the painted top, it's wrapped from windows up... you can see i didn't do the top of the roof, just about 24" past the windshield

(not pad for $117 vinyl and about 3 hours of work)

Basically what i'm saying is do it yourself, tons of you tube videos out there, and take your time.
Spend $50 on some vinyl and just do one door or one fender and see how it comes out. If you are terrible at it and have no patience then pay someone else to do it for ~$3000...if not, do the rest and save yourself some $$$. Plus at anytime you can decide to just "change the color" or do a repair if you get a gnarly scratch when on the trails.

Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion 1613432276922

Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion 1613432314222

Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion 1613432415559
Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion 1613432339324

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm considering a wrap (self wrap) as I did my wife's bronco sport upper. Wrap similar to my profile photo here, but i'd consider plasti-dip spray on the hinges. Something that if it looks bad i can just peel off and do a wrap instead. I think the hinges in a flat black would work as a nice contrast color. I'll probably post a video of how to wrap and what it takes. I havent done the full calculations yet as I have not seen, nor measured a full sized bronco but thinking about $500 in materials to do the work(vinyl).

The best part is, you can remove basically every panel, so i can toss on the dining room table and wrap in the comfort of the house once piece at a time .

PS...i've only ever wrapped once (on baby bronco) and surprised how easy it was

(note this is not a badlands that has the painted top, it's wrapped from windows up... you can see i didn't do the top of the roof, just about 24" past the windshield

(not pad for $117 vinyl and about 3 hours of work)

Basically what i'm saying is do it yourself, tons of you tube videos out there, and take your time.
Spend $50 on some vinyl and just do one door or one fender and see how it comes out. If you are terrible at it and have no patience then pay someone else to do it for ~$3000...if not, do the rest and save yourself some $$$. Plus at anytime you can decide to just "change the color" or do a repair if you get a gnarly scratch when on the trails.

Looks great!
Can you show us a topdown view of the finished product?

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great!
Can you show us a topdown view of the finished product?
super snowy and dirty but here u go, along with my custom welded ski rack

Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion image

Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion image

LikeToTurnLeft

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Transit Connect & 2007 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick background…
I wrap cars for a living.(Though I mainly do walls now days as there’s a lot more money in it) I’m an Avery Certified, 3M Preferred and Arlon Wrap It Right Certified installer. .

We’re wrapping our Bronco the first day we get it. (4dr Badlands SAS Lux) Infact, the vinyl came in today. (See attached pic). We’re wrapping it in Avery Gloss Light Pistachio. It’s very close to the original 1960’s light/pastel green.

We chose to order ours in Onyx Black. Strictly because Black is the easiest color to wrap. And we didn’t want any of the factory colors. Black plays a trick on your eyes and you don’t see it. Think black molding. It’s just not something you notice.

I’ll be doing the jams because of how easy the doors come off. Door handle removal is the same as the new F150, easy. Fenders flares obviously remove easily as well. So does the grill. It’ll be an easy install. I am planning on doing clear bra to the door jam area so it’s protected when you get in and out. (Yes, clear bra can go over vinyl wrap)

As for the rear hinge. I’m going to leave it black. You’ll never notice it, especially with black handles and black mirrors, black roof and that big black 35” rim & tire on the back. No one will be behind me at a light and say “Look, the hinge isn’t in the same body color.” No one. Now, if you have any color but black paint and you wrap your Bronco, then yes, absolutely you’ll see the contrast and it’ll look like dig meat. For example, your wrapping your rig in Satin White and the paint is blue and you leave the hinge, then yep, it’ll look like junk.

If you plan on wrapping. Order Onyx Black. The rear hinge can absolutely be wrapped. It’s no biggie. What you can’t wrap is inside the star head bolt. The quick way around that is to wrap it all. Then mask off the bolt and spray black plastic dip inside the star. It’s how it’s done on Jeeps. Again, black hides everything.

If you guys have any questions, ask away and I’ll answer them.
Ford Bronco Vinyl Wrap problem areas discussion B27B403C-42ED-4A83-B225-0485E75FD62A
Sponsored

Last edited: