Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey. I am experiencing the same issue with mine. Did you ever figure out a fix?
It probably blew the elbow out on one of the vaccum pieces. Thats what happened to mine k&n sent me like 5 new ones 😂🤨 installed the new one. Drove about 500 miles and got a new error. P2282 air leak between throttle body and intake valve. Took it to Ford bc i could seem to find an issue. They said i have a loose hose on the kn system but theres no way to tighten it. Return to stock they say…. Soooo ill be trying to see what hose they were talking about and will most likely just buy a different cold air intake. Too many problems with this one. Not even 3500 miles on it
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Late to the party, I run an Injen and have been worry-free. Looks good, runs nice, but was a PAIN to install. Def not easy. I see CJ Pony Off-Road sector has an install video now, and a member did one as well. I was supposed to, but lol after the struggles I had, my video went right out the window.

With my other mods, I would say it was worth it. Defentily fun, the intake noise and pssssh is worth all the pain it caused going in. :)

Ford Bronco Anyone go for a cold air intake yet? 1694207512992

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am trying to figure out if it makes sense to combine a K&N cold intake with Mishimoto intercooler and charge pipe kit. Anyone tried that setup or know?

Hunger&SharkTooth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I'm into CAIs when they work. I had an AEM one on a Nissan Altima 3.5 about about 7 years ago and it wasn't great, I replaced it with a homemade one with larger tubing and a very large high flow dry filter and it actually made a noticeable difference on initial throttle response and a lot of difference on off the line power, it was easily noticeable with my butt dyno and how easily the car could light up the tires. This car did have headers and a lot of other bolt-ons along with a custom tune though.

Two current cars I have, a Camaro SS and a Mazda MX5 don't gain almost anything from a CAI, maybe a few HP but not at all worth it unless you do forced induction. For example, my Camaro with a CAI and stock NA motor will net around 5-10HP, but with supercharger, the same intake will net an additional 30 wheel HP on top of supercharger gains when used in conjunction. Forced induction engines really like to breath and they breath a lot!

Fast forward to today and I'm always curious about bolt-ons for turbo applications since they usually can free up the most power - because OEM setups are meant to be quiet and environmentally friendly. I've been watching CAIs for the Bronco for a while and nothing caught my eye until yesterday. All the intakes and filters offered till this point have been cosmetic with only the slightest if any performance gains. Yesterday I caught this video shared by the Panda Motorsports team through IG of a Bronco 2.3 with a K&N intake on the dyno. Here is the video:

The dyno results in this video for the 2.3 Bronco show promising results, reduced 0-60 time, and around 25 WHP and 20 TQ gains!

Now if we look to the 2.7 we see great results as well but also very different. Here is the dyno graph I found online showing the 2.7 with just the CAI gains about 17 WHP and 26 TQ! http://kandn.com/dynocharts/63-2619_dyno.pdf

What's interesting is that the 2.3 gains all the power in the top end above 4k RPM while the 2.7 see all the power gain below 4k RPM! This explains why I prefer the 2.7 off road because it has so much more low end grunt without even needing the turbos to spool but nonetheless very neat seeing how the two different powerbands compare.

At this point the only thing holding me back from buying the K&N intake for my 2.7 is because I drive a lot of dusty back roads, from mountain bike shuttling up mountains to getting to the local trails and during summer an OEM dry filter typically lasts me about 5k kms before it's got so much dust it's time to replace. An oil filter would be a mess to deal with in these circumstances while with a dry filter I keep replacements on hand and it's an easy swap.

Hopefully some folks find this info useful and/or interesting.
Can you combine a K&N cold air intake with a Mishimoto intercooler and pipes?

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jicurcar

Big Bend
First Name
jicu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Factory air filter systems are all about minimizing induction noise, but let's face it, they can be a bit restrictive. Now, I added a cold air intakes to my car, get ready for a noticeable power and MPG boost. But, keep in mind that it also comes with some engine noise and the need for frequent filter cleanings. I dont know which brands is best cold air intake, I buy K&N and feel so good. I need advice some brand is better
Sponsored

Last edited: