First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Wiltrak with the 2.7, and I am looking for a CAI… looks like there are some great ones out there, but how hard is it to remove and clean the filter on Injen, and AFE? It looks like K&N has an access window and the filter is removable from the top. Looks like with Injen, or some of the others that the filter comes out from the side and probably requires taking some of the pipes off, or moving things around substantially to get the filter out to clean… is it a big pain to remove for service? I have had CAI on almost every vehicle I have owned in the past and usually clean the air filter at every oil change because it is easy. It also looks like only a few of the systems replace the accordion hose going to the passenger side turbo, and some do not replace it, and those that replace it only seem to be side removable filters. Thanks in advance because I have searched on here and could not find direct answers to this info.

Recommendations and the reasons why would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've installed the roush cai on my 2.7 badlands it's a easy installation and easy to remove the filter which also has a clear window to see the filter. It's a dry filter which doesn't need to be oiled. However, the kit doesn't change out the pipes.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an Injen on my Badlands. I have not removed it as of yet to clean, but the intake window is big enough for the spray to get in.

I was looking at the Injen window and was wondering if It could be snapped out. That would help remove it. Honestly, I will probably give them a call when I need to do it.

Besides that, the Injen is one of the better CAI IMO as it replaces the lower pipes, and keeps the size all the way to the turbo on both sides. I will also warn its a pain to put on.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A CAI in a stock car is a waste of money. They really are not going to do anything for you.

If you are hell bent on getting one, you names the most common and popular ones. And if you go with a reusable/cleanable filter, you need to be really on top of keeping them clean and lubricated, especially on the K&N filter. I stopped using K&N on my PW as the dirt and sand and dust off roading are absolutely terrible.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3, but Corsa/Volant here. Its a real CAI unlike Roush and its windowed where you can unscrew the lid, take the filter out and be set

Sponsored
OP
OP
SpikeBronco

SpikeBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the input! I understand that a CAI won’t do much on its own, but I plan to do down pipes and exhaust after CAI and then have it tuned to really open it up.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can see the injen being a royal PITA but it's like a once a year/every year and a half job so I'll just suck it up because it and the K&N are the only ones which improve the piping, which is where the real benefit is.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a Wiltrak with the 2.7, and I am looking for a CAI… looks like there are some great ones out there, but how hard is it to remove and clean the filter on Injen, and AFE? It looks like K&N has an access window and the filter is removable from the top. Looks like with Injen, or some of the others that the filter comes out from the side and probably requires taking some of the pipes off, or moving things around substantially to get the filter out to clean… is it a big pain to remove for service? I have had CAI on almost every vehicle I have owned in the past and usually clean the air filter at every oil change because it is easy. It also looks like only a few of the systems replace the accordion hose going to the passenger side turbo, and some do not replace it, and those that replace it only seem to be side removable filters. Thanks in advance because I have searched on here and could not find direct answers to this info.

Recommendations and the reasons why would be appreciated.
Going S&B Dry for $69. Seems like the small investment has decent results.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the input! I understand that a CAI won’t do much on its own, but I plan to do down pipes and exhaust after CAI and then have it tuned to really open it up.
There are not any custom tuning for the Bronco though. Livernois is doing a beta program, but you have to go in person, leave the Bronco and it is very expensive. P.S. Livernois makes the Ford Performance tune, so curious what the deal is with encryption lock, since their own tool works.

ECU encryption is getting tougher and tougher.

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just installed the Injen one, and the thing I kept wondering during the whole install was how am I going to get this filter out to clean it or change it. It is certainly not going to be as easy to do as stock. I guess we will see, but yeah does not seem like easy of filter change was part of the design choices they made.

Sponsored

Duston@Lethal

Black Diamond
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Duston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 535i GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From what we've seen over here, the Corsa is one of the easiest to switch out and will make some nice turbo noises.

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
does the Corsa intake box still keep the factory water fording depth?
The Corsa system Corsa onedoes not reuse it. Instead it comes with a pre filter and a drain hole.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!

Marfa Nights

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota RAV 4; '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Heads up on K&N. I ordered one for my 2.3 and the predrilled holes for the grommets weren't to spec. Had to use a round file to get grommets and sensors to fit. K&N did offer to send me a replacement tube fwiw

Cl1ckst3r

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did the K&N intake but I have the 2.3 engine. I think as long as the CAI you select upgrades the filter, airbox and intake tube. You will see performance gains. There is definitely more high end power.
Sponsored