Sponsored

Anyone going to upcoming Texas Off-Roadeo (August 20 & 21)? !!!Update!!!

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any of you guys and gals going to be at Texas Off-Roadeo this Friday and Saturday? Me and @Bronco_gal will be there. Would love to shake some hands and put faces with those names. We’ll be easy to spot. Just look for the crazy girls wearing Texas Tough Bronco shirts.
Hope to see y’all this weekend.

UPDATE:

I know there have been a zillion posts about this, so I'll try to keep this short. If you are on the fence about ordering a Bronco...GO TO OFF-ROADEO. If you have a Bronco on order and are losing interested...GO TO OFF-ROADEO. If you've already taken delivery on your Bronco and want to know what it's capable of...GO TO OFF-ROADEO.

My group and I are pretty avid off-roaders and were expecting something totally different than what we experienced. I won’t lie, I actually made fun of the thought of Bronco Off-Roadeo. I was WRONG!! You and your guest are in a Bronco by yourself. No Ford employee looking over your shoulder the entire time. This is not your dealerships’ little rock course out front either. This is the real deal. I’m not talking 4 and 5 diamond trails, but it’s not the access road either. Solid 3s for sure. The trail guides are great! The majority of our group were people who had never been off-roading. That’s a scary thought. Off-road newbs in $55K+ vehicles going wheeling. Let me tell you, there’s barely scratches on any of those Broncos. These things are fun for everybody. Whether you’re a mall crawler or a rock crawler, you’ll enjoy it.

Ford has done their homework on all the aspects of the Bronco and it shows. This SUV checks all the boxes. Only thing I’ll add is…if you’re looking for Lincoln Navigator luxury, get a Navigator. Bronco’s not it. My husband says the interior is very “utilitarian”. It’s not sparse, but you don’t mind getting it dirty. It’ll look good on Friday date night, but will hold up to Saturday wheeling.

If you have any questions, ask away. I will leave you with this. If you decide to go, do yourself a favor and walk at least 30 minutes every day the entire week before. We did this and were glad of it. There isn’t a ton of walking, but the first day there is a little trek on the ORX course. Scrub trees in south Texas aren’t known for their shade. Your water bottle will be your BFF and there are plenty of stations to refill them, but you still have to walk to get there. The uphill from the main building to the parking lot is a good little climb, too. Just be prepared.

Ford Bronco Anyone going to upcoming Texas Off-Roadeo (August 20 & 21)? !!!Update!!! 1E67CC75-F39F-48D1-B38C-3764F03DE820
Sponsored

Last edited:

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me and the missus already went. It was a blast, if a bit rained out. Hope you guys have fun.

Word of advice, if you want video of you driving, you might ask the guy behind you to film it. We did that with the guy in front of us, and the couple behind us. Got a lot of great footage that way. :D

jreburn

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Etron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any of you guys and gals going to be at Texas Off-Roadeo this Friday and Saturday? Me and @Bronco_gal will be there. Would love to shake some hands and put faces with those names. We’ll be easy to spot. Just look for the crazy girls wearing Texas Tough Bronco shirts.
Hope to see y’all this weekend.
Yeah, me and my friend will be there! Look for the gays...we shouldn't be that hard to spot! :ROFLMAO:

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Wife and I were there about a month ago. It was Fantastic! They did everything right in my opinion! It was amazing seeing what the Bronco can do. The instructors were great. If you have a chance go do it!!
Sponsored