Sponsored

Anyone Here In / Around Charleston SC? Have you Gotten Your Bronco Yet? If so, Which Dealer / Order Date / Delivery Date?

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a day one reservation for a MY2021 that I charged to MY2022… I don’t recall exactly when I changed to a 22 but it was right when they made that option available
Sponsored

OP
OP
82' Bronco

82' Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Lariat 4x4 Diesel / 93' F150 XLT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a day one reservation for a MY2021 that I charged to MY2022… I don’t recall exactly when I changed to a 22 but it was right when they made that option available
Were they able to give you any idea of how many allocations they have per month and maybe roughly "what number you are in their line" you were when it comes to allocations? I've asked that specific question numerous times....First time when I switched my 21' order to a 22' (and I'm a day 1 reservation holder too just as you and switch my order to a 22' the morning of the 1st day it could be switched so you and I should be in the same boat it sounds like). Anyway, I was told in Oct. that they get 10 allocations a month and since I had a day 1 reservation and that I was somewhere around 60 - 70 in line so mine should be built around March or April..... Now they can't tell me anything at all other than I'll get an email when I get scheduled.

Sorry to vent my frustration here, I've been waiting a long time and I know there's folks that have been waiting alot longer than me. I'm just in the position now that we need a 3rd vehicle no later than January 1st b/c my daughter just got her license and she'll be able to drive solo in January so our plan is she get's my wife's car to start and my wife gets my Bronco for about a year until we can buy her a new car - then I get my Bronco..... Times ticking and I don't want to have to buy a random 3rd vehicle for my daughter to drive just to have to try to turn around and sell it when our Bronco comes in whenever that may be. I know it's not the dealerships fault....I just don't understand how Ford thought this whole "allocation" fiasco was the way to do it? Why not build them in the order the orders were received (constraints aside). I've seen and heard of dozens of people who ordered months after me....some even just walking in and placing orders in January and February that already have theirs in their driveways. It's infuriating.....

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had my reservation with a dealer up in WV, but when Ford changed the allocation formula after the big dealers screamed about it, that put my chances of getting a Bronco this year and next out of the question. I decided to place a 'walk in' order at a smaller dealership here in the upstate, same build, and it's now scheduled for 9/5 production. It seems like the biggest constraint at this point is allocation.

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Were they able to give you any idea of how many allocations they have per month and maybe roughly "what number you are in their line" you were when it comes to allocations? I've asked that specific question numerous times....First time when I switched my 21' order to a 22' (and I'm a day 1 reservation holder too just as you and switch my order to a 22' the morning of the 1st day it could be switched so you and I should be in the same boat it sounds like). Anyway, I was told in Oct. that they get 10 allocations a month and since I had a day 1 reservation and that I was somewhere around 60 - 70 in line so mine should be built around March or April..... Now they can't tell me anything at all other than I'll get an email when I get scheduled.

Sorry to vent my frustration here, I've been waiting a long time and I know there's folks that have been waiting alot longer than me. I'm just in the position now that we need a 3rd vehicle no later than January 1st b/c my daughter just got her license and she'll be able to drive solo in January so our plan is she get's my wife's car to start and my wife gets my Bronco for about a year until we can buy her a new car - then I get my Bronco..... Times ticking and I don't want to have to buy a random 3rd vehicle for my daughter to drive just to have to try to turn around and sell it when our Bronco comes in whenever that may be. I know it's not the dealerships fault....I just don't understand how Ford thought this whole "allocation" fiasco was the way to do it? Why not build them in the order the orders were received (constraints aside). I've seen and heard of dozens of people who ordered months after me....some even just walking in and placing orders in January and February that already have theirs in their driveways. It's infuriating.....
Sorry, I never asked about allocations but considering you and I had parallel timelines you certainly should have had a build date by now. Something is seriously wrong on either the dealer or Ford's end... sorry bro

I wish you the best

Tchiappetta

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 4 door badlands with a hardtop, mod bumper in Charleston. Deposit was sent in the morning after the announcement I think 7/14/2020. Ordered on Jan 25 2021 Shipped May 5th 2022 Picked it up start of June 2022

Bought from Palmetto ford.

Sponsored
OP
OP
82' Bronco

82' Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Lariat 4x4 Diesel / 93' F150 XLT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I went by the dealership Friday to take a look at a 4 door Outerbanks they had seriously thinking about giving up on my order and going with one that's not exactly what I want if they still couldn't give me any idea of when mine might go into production b/c we have to have a 3rd vehicle by the end of this year.......While talking with my sales guy and the sales manager (sales manager sitting at his desk on his computer while we're all talking), he says "you haven't gotten an email yet?" I said no, what email, he said "you got scheduled yesterday morning, you should have gotten an email....." He printed out the status form and sure enough I got scheduled on Thur. 8/18 for production the week of 9/26/22 and delivery ETA of Oct 14th - Oct 20th and I've got a VIN #! If it shows up on 10/14 that'll be exactly 1 year to the day that it's showing my order was originally entered. Pumped that it's finally scheduled and should be here soon!

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I went by the dealership Friday to take a look at a 4 door Outerbanks they had seriously thinking about giving up on my order and going with one that's not exactly what I want if they still couldn't give me any idea of when mine might go into production b/c we have to have a 3rd vehicle by the end of this year.......While talking with my sales guy and the sales manager (sales manager sitting at his desk on his computer while we're all talking), he says "you haven't gotten an email yet?" I said no, what email, he said "you got scheduled yesterday morning, you should have gotten an email....." He printed out the status form and sure enough I got scheduled on Thur. 8/18 for production the week of 9/26/22 and delivery ETA of Oct 14th - Oct 20th and I've got a VIN #! If it shows up on 10/14 that'll be exactly 1 year to the day that it's showing my order was originally entered. Pumped that it's finally scheduled and should be here soon!
Congrats! Yeah, Ford's email department runs at their own pace. I got my email notifying me of my VIN 2 weeks after I found of from Ford Chat that I had a vin.....Oh well, important thing is that you got a VIN!

Was the Bronco you went to look at at Jones Ford by chance? I saw last week on Twitter that were advertising that they had 2 Broncos up for grabs.

Ohship5

Base
First Name
Oship
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Base
Charleston here. Reserved August 2021, placed order October 15, 2021 through Palmetto Ford. Have been told its unscheduled - clean, but still no production status.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm near Daniel Island. Ordered a 4 door Wildtrak on 29-OCT-2021 with MIC, high package, towing package, and Bestop through Chapman Ford, in Philly. Jones, Palmetto, and Summerville Ford all wanted big ADMs to order, and Chapman gave me 3% under invoice.

My build week is 26-SEP.

JR

Sponsored

jdwin1989

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Escape XLT, 2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool… seeing a more and more Broncos in Mt P, hoping to get a few more people interested
I drove out to IOP and Sullivans Island today. Must have seen (and waved at) 5-8 (lost count) Broncos on and around the islands. Wish we could drive on some of those beaches.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, James Island here, you see so many Broncos because we have so many tourists. I'm on Folly quite a bit kiteboarding, surfing, foiling, and they are almost always out of state plates. Anywho, I reserved later - June 2021, but I ordered with Walterboro Ford because I wouldn't pay MSRP on a vehicle (they are invoice).

I bought a JL (had a '07 JK before), and I'll make a decision whenever it comes in. Walterboro Ford has been good to deal with, but they are a very small market, so..........if it comes in '23 I'll be surprised. On a side note, my neighbor put in a reservation the first day, Big Bend, MIC, 2.7L and got his last November. We do go exploring in the Francis Marion in the fall/winter, too wet and swampy right now.

jdwin1989

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Escape XLT, 2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, James Island here, you see so many Broncos because we have so many tourists. I'm on Folly quite a bit kiteboarding, surfing, foiling, and they are almost always out of state plates. Anywho, I reserved later - June 2021, but I ordered with Walterboro Ford because I wouldn't pay MSRP on a vehicle (they are invoice).

I bought a JL (had a '07 JK before), and I'll make a decision whenever it comes in. Walterboro Ford has been good to deal with, but they are a very small market, so..........if it comes in '23 I'll be surprised. On a side note, my neighbor put in a reservation the first day, Big Bend, MIC, 2.7L and got his last November. We do go exploring in the Francis Marion in the fall/winter, too wet and swampy right now.
I live in Cordesville, directly next to Francis Marion. I drive some of the trails a few times a week. Mostly just around the local area right now. My badlands is getting a ceramic coating today. Hopefully that will make it easier to get the mud off. Those fenders are the worst though.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Cordesville, directly next to Francis Marion. I drive some of the trails a few times a week. Mostly just around the local area right now. My badlands is getting a ceramic coating today. Hopefully that will make it easier to get the mud off. Those fenders are the worst though.
Feel free to shoot me a PM, I may come out that way now and again, although for now...it's in a JL.
Sponsored