Sponsored

So if you have a trade-in... Maybe 6 months from order to delivery!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They're not really that bad if you're trading in, in Ontario, because of the 13% tax. You save the trade-in value amount in tax on your new car, which can be substantial... Probably $2500 in my case.
Can I make more selling privately? Surely... But is it worth the hassle? Dealing with the lein amount after the sale, etc...
Then I think you've answered your own question. You'll just have to work with the value your dealer gives you when your Bronco is delivered.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest concern being, when I finalize the sale in December, and come trade in time, they stick it to me big time with my trade value.
Am I already committed to the purchase?
Can I negotiate a "reasonable depreciation value" for my trade of 2 or 3% a month that's written into the contract?
Or as with buying a house, contingent on the sale/trade in amount?

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can look on line at web sites like carvana and Edmunds. They will pay cash for your car .That will give you a good estimate of your true cars value. That's my plan and just hope for the best.

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s why I’m waiting until January to put my order in. Gives me plenty of time to save up for a bigger down deposit at time of financing. It’s probably gonna take me to January to really decide on everything anyways.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah...you get the entire trade price against MSRP, which saves on sales tax. Most times it is a wash between trade in value and selling private owner when you add in the sales tax savings.
If we sell outright within a certain time frame, I think a month, then we get to deduct that price from the sales tax of the new vehicle. In AR there is no tax advantage for trade in vs selling yourself within that time frame.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So many avenues for getting the most out of a used car. Carvana, KBB, selling it outright..
Especially now the used car market is pretty low on inventory... you really shouldn’t have a problem as long as you do the legwork ahead of time

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a trade-in for my Bronco...
So we'll all be placing our orders in December and January. The dealer will know the wholesale trade in value at the current time (when ordering), and when your finalize price and financing and give a deposit...
But what about that trade in value in the mean time? Some of us could be a YEAR out from delivery...
What then?
I feel like I'm gonna get screwed
Thats why I sold my Truck to Carmax now. By the time your Bronco comes in your trade will be worth much less. Especially now because of Covid-19 trades are actually worth more on used vehicles especially trucks then they've ever been.

If you can sell your vehicle now. I know its not easy especially if its your only mode of transportation. But it is the best option if possible considering the situation.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So many avenues for getting the most out of a used car. Carvana, KBB, selling it outright..
Especially now the used car market is pretty low on inventory... you really shouldn’t have a problem as long as you do the legwork ahead of time
I think it'll just be way easier to trade it in.
Ford did send me a letter a few months ago offering 10% over wholesale for my car if I wanted a 2020 Escape.
I'll just play it buy ear and assume the dealer is gonna bend me over regardless.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats why I sold my Truck to Carmax now. By the time your Bronco comes in your trade will be worth much less. Especially now because of Covid-19 trades are actually worth more on used vehicles especially trucks then they've ever been.

If you can sell your vehicle now. I know its not easy especially if its your only mode of transportation. But it is the best option if possible considering the situation.
Not for me... Still owe $40k on it, and retail value is nowhere near that.
I'm gonna take a bath on it whether I trade in or sell privately

Mabes

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not everyone has the ability but we had an older car sitting around so I went ahead and traded in my 2019 4Runner to save money from depreciation, car payments, and insurance. Im putting all the money I would have spent on those things into my savings account to use as a down payment. I did the math and it saves me about $5,000 over 12 months.

Sponsored

Mabes

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not everyone has the ability but we had an older car sitting around so I went ahead and traded in my 2019 4Runner to save money from depreciation, car payments, and insurance. Im putting all the money I would have spent on those things into my savings account to use as a down payment. I did the math and it saves me about $5,000 over 12 months.
I forgot to add I also did it because I was worried dealers would low ball on trade ins when the Broncos came around

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So when they have your new bronco on their lot that you can only get because of a waiting list do you really think youre going to get top dollar for your trade?
You will be lucky to get wholesale. They are fine with you walking away from a deal on a vehicle in high demand and they are fine giving you wholesale at best on your trade.
Be prepared.

Dubfound

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My neighbor just sold his Dodge Hellcat to Carvana. They actually gave him fair value and picked it up from his driveway. Just an FYI never buy a used hellcat. He beat the brakes off that thing. Haha

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lets put it this way

If a dealer wanted my Audi, be like $3-4, i can sell it for twice as much easily, so why bother with the dealer

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will, for sure... But I guess the dealers must have some sorta clause
The better dealers will commit to Carvana or KBB eval at delivery time as the trade in value. You can confirm that at order time (December). As far as the "hot" used car market, don't rely on that 6 - 12 months from now. It is specific to certain models and COVID inventory shortages. Factories are already opening back up so that will change. Remember dealers make almost double in profit margins from used car sales than new vehicles so you'll have to do your research to make sure you get a fair deal and always feel free to walk away.
Sponsored