Sponsored

About to order. Dealer saying delivery in a few months if I order a soft top.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does this sound correct? I figure most people ordered with hard tops and I know there’s a shortage of hard tops but I didn’t figure I would get one this year ordering so late. Is there anything specifically that I should order or should not order that would get mine built faster?
That seems plausible for dealers that don't already have lots of unscheduled softtop orders, assuming that "a few months" means built in Aug and delivered in Sep/Oct. Almost guaranteed if you order the basic model (BB, 2.3L, auto). Dealers may get dealer stock in the same timeframe unless some miracle happens in hardtop production.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Semaj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 67 mustang, and yes, a 16 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Short answer, maybe, maybe not. As stated you dealer is just making a "swag" (scientific wild ass guess) at when your Bronco will be built. Good luck on your decision, but I advise you to now compromise to the point you won't like your Bronco. Patience is a virtue.
Short answer, maybe, maybe not. As stated you dealer is just making a "swag" (scientific wild ass guess) at when your Bronco will be built. Good luck on your decision, but I advise you to now compromise to the point you won't like your Bronco. Patience is a virtue.
im wanting a Badlands with the Sasquatch package. I was just going to leave out the hardtop if I thought that would cut the wait time from 18 months to 2-3 months. I figure if I really still wanted one I could lick one up at sometime.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Short answer is maybe.

Soft tops are the quickest way to cut the line. It's unclear just how far you can cut.
I think you are definitely correct. Watch this video from Paducah Ford.

"Ford is actually expecting that they might not even get enough soft top orders to satifsy that out. So if they have 20,000 soft tops that they say this is all we can build, we are building 20,000 soft tops, and they only have 15,000 people willing to do it, what's going to happen is, is they are going to go ahead and build those 5,000 soft tops and they are just going to go into dealer stock."

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Heck, it’s only $100. I guess I’ll put an order in and see what happens.
And the $100 is refundable.

Right now the only real shortage is the hard top. And that you should be able to get from the aftermarket someday.

It will be interesting to see what happens. You may get a bronco sooner then any one is expecting. Delivered in Sep/Oct may happen.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer could be right…if he’s got a lot of allocations and very few soft top orders…which is common, then you probably will get it quickly.
Exactly. @Zach@Granger has already seen 1/3 of his 2021 allocation scheduled, so he would know what is possible.

… 1/3rd of our 2021s have been scheduled. There will be 4 more months of 2021 scheduling.
Are you requiring a deposit? Hell if not, i might just order a BB from you to see which comes in first, my BB or my WT.
If you get a soft top we'll probably see it very soon!

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On today’s episode of “My Dealer Said...”

OP
OP

Semaj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 67 mustang, and yes, a 16 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you are definitely correct. Watch this video from Paducah Ford.

"Ford is actually expecting that they might not even get enough soft top orders to satifsy that out. So if they have 20,000 soft tops that they say this is all we can build, we are building 20,000 soft tops, and they only have 15,000 people willing to do it, what's going to happen is, is they are going to go ahead and build those 5,000 soft tops and they are just going to go into dealer stock."
I just reserved one and put the Granger Dealership down for the 2k off deal. Will see what happens 😀

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just reserved one and put the Granger Dealership down for the 2k off deal. Will see what happens 😀
Good for you! I have a feeling this top fiasco is going to knock alot of the 7/14 reservations with tricked out configurations out if the 2021 allocation at Granger and other dealers.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wonder which of the Broncos would have the best resale value with a soft top? Bb, BD? Obx?

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good for you! I have a feeling this top fiasco is going to knock alot of the 7/14 reservations with tricked out configurations out if the 2021 allocation at Granger and other dealers.
They won’t knock any order out of the 2021 allocation. The new soft top orders will only fill the build spots that are open with the soft tops the earlier orders don’t want but are available to be built in 2021.

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks Kevin. I didn't know that. Good to hear that late soft top reservations are incremental to dealers' 2021 allocation.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although it's possible. Your dealer can't promise it since they don't even know. But at this point, if Ford has the parts ahead of others and it's buildable. It's possible you can get one this year. But a couple months? Unlikely...

Lambeezy

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 4 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does this sound correct? I figure most people ordered with hard tops and I know there’s a shortage of hard tops but I didn’t figure I would get one this year ordering so late. Is there anything specifically that I should order or should not order that would get mine built faster?
Any update on your order status?
Sponsored