Sponsored

Anyone install a digital rearview mirror like Fullvue or Wolfbox?

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had the Fullview since about May of 2022 and have been pretty displeased with the durability/customer support. The Initial system I got wouldn't hold the time or settings which disabled the park monitoring feature. After a bunch of trouble trying to get it exchanged(I used 4wp to install it) I got a new system and swapped out everything but the rear camera so i wouldn't have to pay for a second install. Then eventually I started getting random Blinking black from the camera. By that point the 4WP I'd used for the install was out of business so I bit the bullet and bought the discounted camera from Northridge 4x4 and decided to do it the install myself completely replacing everything. Now every now and then the system stops responding to the touch screen and cycles through all the views continuously. I can't even turn it off when it starts doing this as it turns itself back on.

I had one of our technicians at work take apart the old system and he found that the power cable on the rear camera had a bad solder joint. when the system works it's amazing, but the quality doesn't seem there for me.
Sponsored

NCSUDucker

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went ahead and got the wolf box g900 and installed it myself. Primarily for the 4k resolution and price. They have a good sale on for $219 which includes the powered hardware install cable. I also have the mirror bracket which replaces the mirror entirely. I'm liking it so far. I attached the camera on top of my rear brake light. I'm on business travel when I get back I'll take some shots of the night view with it.
I've got it and was going to have the stereo shop install it for me while they were adding new speakers and the tailgate sub. They ended up not installing it because they said I wouldn't see anything but the tire if I mounted on top of the brake light. Do you have any issues? You by chance have any pictures of your install for the rear mount? Lastly, you said you bought the mirror mount? Do you have the adaptive cruise control, as I think the sensor is on the back of the factory mirror.

Thanks in advance!
Brad

OP
OP
PC Austin

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brad, there is no issue with the brake light mount location. It doesn't pick up the tire as I show in the photo. It takes 10 seconds to test this as all you need is USBC power. Also, there is no issue ACC as this is a different unit than the mirror. I do have the bracket. You should be good to go. See photos.

20230902_155131.jpg

20230902_155126.jpg

20230902_155120.jpg

20230902_155053.jpg

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone had luck finding better quality directions than what Brandmotion has on their site? Their installation guide PDF is laughably bad, and the images are so grainy that you can't even tell what parts are being referred to.

Curious to see what people have paid for professional installation

Sponsored

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mishra42 I know what you are talking about I have been through three Mirrors. The Original did the time loss a couple of times, but the biggest issue for me with it was it would randomly loose the rear camera. The two replacement mirrors would overheat and start blinking. The last one I could turn off recording and it would work unless it got too hot. I finally just gave up on it and replace it with an Echomaster mirror. So far it has performed flawlessly. A couple of things I like about it is there is only one wire loom going to the mirror and it has GPS for time and direction. I did deviate from their instructions which had you coming up the passenger side and splicing into the wiring harness, I instead crossed over behind the rear seats and came up the driver's side which let me use fuse taps to power the mirror.

Mishra42

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mishra42 I know what you are talking about I have been through three Mirrors. The Original did the time loss a couple of times, but the biggest issue for me with it was it would randomly loose the rear camera. The two replacement mirrors would overheat and start blinking. The last one I could turn off recording and it would work unless it got too hot. I finally just gave up on it and replace it with an Echomaster mirror. So far it has performed flawlessly. A couple of things I like about it is there is only one wire loom going to the mirror and it has GPS for time and direction. I did deviate from their instructions which had you coming up the passenger side and splicing into the wiring harness, I instead crossed over behind the rear seats and came up the driver's side which let me use fuse taps to power the mirror.
I'll have to check out the Echomaster then. I'm probably changing out my bumper and adding a tire carrier this year. So that seems like a good time to rerun the wires.

Glove_fits

Black Diamond
First Name
SLMW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2, M3, 2 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i have brandmotion in my car, I like that it is a full replacement of the mirrow and much better rearview than traditional mirror. The 5th wheel hidden camera was a selling point.

Had a wolfbox on a prior jeep, it had a better UI but looked weird from the front windshield as a clip on. Also longer boot time than brandmotion.

For dashcam without rearview, the fitcamx was perfect for our other bronco while looking very OEM/easy wiring (or lack thereof)

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thank you. I will try the film.
You don't need film, just tilt the mirror up so it doesn't reflect the lights behind you. It's a screen so it doesn't need to be aimed exactly like the mirror. Once I figured that out and there are 3 swipe zones I am pretty happy with the W900. At night its not as good as a mirror, but worth the trade off. I mounted on my brake light just like you did.

Braptorx

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2020 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi, I have a wolfbox 900 to install, for those that have installed on the spare tire brake light, did you need an extension cable or is the stock one long enough, I'm going to take it through the tailgate and down the passenger side across the back and down to the DS footwell and up to the a pillar and across to the mirror, since I have to pull the ARB compressor harness this way, I thought I might do it at the same time, any reason why I would have to run this separately down the passenger side? Thanks in advance

Sponsored

Sea Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU, Roush 2 Mustang, Triumph T-Bird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@buck_6G Here you go I created this a while back.
Outstanding job on this install doc! I too was hesitant on the Brandmotion because of the install instructions, and they've been saying they'll do an install video for about a year now.

Question, did you have any concerns moving the airbags inside the trim panels? I know in the Jeeps they always recommended disconnecting the battery before working near the airbags as they could accidentally fire, even with the ACC off. Not the same in the Bronco?

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Bronco w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
PC Austin

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the G900 but during the day, the display is dark. I wish there's was a rearview mirror as bright as my 12" display. Any suggestions?

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi, I have a wolfbox 900 to install, for those that have installed on the spare tire brake light, did you need an extension cable or is the stock one long enough, I'm going to take it through the tailgate and down the passenger side across the back and down to the DS footwell and up to the a pillar and across to the mirror, since I have to pull the ARB compressor harness this way, I thought I might do it at the same time, any reason why I would have to run this separately down the passenger side? Thanks in advance
This May be late but I just installed mine this passed weekend. Its a little tight but it is long enough. i just need to find a better solution to mount the camera to the existing camera mount. I'm wondering if anyone has custom made anything.
Sponsored