Sponsored

Anyone installed 2.7 Bronco tuner / tune?

Broncoj77

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m supposed to get my bronco delivered tomorrow and I am looking for a tuner to buy. Is anyone out there successfully installed a tuner on a 2.7 with good results and if so what did you use?
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m supposed to get my bronco delivered tomorrow and I am looking for a tuner to buy. Is anyone out there successfully installed a tuner on a 2.7 with good results and if so what did you use?
We just installed the Whipple calibration using their Tomahawk flash device. It's actually the only true flash available which changes quite a few things the piggyback modules can't. Thinks like rev and speed limits, transmission shift schedule and the ability to calibrate for gear/tire size changes are all things that Whipple's calibration device offers.

Besides that we picked up some really nice gains on our First Edition. Here's some info on it.

Here's a link to the Tomahawk flash device with calibration as well. These are available now and are carb pending so they will be 50 state legal.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/w...e-with-calibration-2021-ford-bronco-2-7l.html

unnamed_2__6_1.jpg

We'll also have the Stage 1 kits available shortly with come with the device, cal, air filter and intercooler. Only thing we're waiting on right now is the intercooler.

Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Thanks!

https://www.lethalperformance.com/w...tage-1-upgrade-kit-2021-ford-bronco-2-7l.html
broncostage1_1_.jpg

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We took our Whipple tuned 4 door first edition to the dragstrip the other night to see what it could do. Only other mods other than the Whipple calibration were a Roush axleback and UPR BOV adapter.

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm waiting for the FRPP tune. I know that the aftermarket tunes will beat it, but not willing to void the warranty. My stock 2.7 2 door is already enough to get me in trouble :) ++ to all those checking out the aftermarket tunes.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For those of us that want more power a simple piggyback tuuner and good octane fuel does make amazing results.

I've even got the guages to appear on the main 12 inch screen on the Bronco! The Bluetooth dongle available with the superior JB4 unit allows the guages from the OBD to be viewed on your phone or laptop, and with a MMB box hooked up we can then download the JB4 app to the MMB box and use the Bluetooth to see ALL the guages on the Broncos main screen. This is handy, and safe, because you can see things like air fuel ratio. Throttle Position, temperatures, ect...
Definitely super satisfied with my choice and the features and the power is phenomenal especially with a good mix of E-85. Ethanol for those who don't understand.

Last edited:

BigBendBilly

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I notice an improvement with the Panda unit for sure. Been running it a week now, very happy!
Sponsored