Sponsored

Anyone lease their Bronco and if so, how are the terms?

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t think you could? At least I haven’t seen anything from Ford when I got mine.

GatesHarris

Base
First Name
Gates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TACOMA 4X4 Porsche Macan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was quoted a factor of the equivalent to 9.5%.

Ford doesn't seem to be interested in leasing them.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$380/36 months/5k down/7500 miles a year for a Base sasquatch. I think my msrp was somewhere in the low 40s.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$380/36 months/5k down/7500 miles a year for a Base sasquatch. I think my msrp was somewhere in the low 40s.
You put $5K down on a lease? Did you really?

Do you plan to purchase once the lease is over? Putting that much cash down on a lease; any really is bad money. If you total that thing, that $5K is gone. 7500 miles per year isn‘t a good deal either.

Research proper leasing advice before you enter into one again. Hope everything goes smooth for you with this Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AGM Everglades

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Was it through ford or a finance company? And how long ago?

OP
OP
AGM Everglades

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Do you plan to purchase once the lease is over? Putting that much cash down on a lease; any really is bad money. If you total that thing, that $5K is gone. 7500 miles per year isn‘t a good deal either.

Research proper leasing advice before you enter into one again. Hope everything goes smooth for you with this Bronco.
Everyone’s needs are different. Not sure why you think $5k out of pocket is bad if their net goal was a lower payment. Depending on what state they’re in, drive off would have been around $1K so that’s a $4k cap cost reduction. Yes, if they don’t purchase or sell the car at the end of the lease it’s money gone but that would have been about $100 more per month. And there’s nothing wrong with 7500 miles if you don’t exceed it. Even if you do, the mileage overage generally equals what the additional monthly payment would have been if you did 10/12/15k miles. I never lease my wife’s Porsche’s over 7500 as she only does about 6k miles per year. And with the current market, if you have a decent deal upfront you can generally recoup some of your monies with a buy back anytime during the lease. My dealer just offered me $67k for my ‘21 Z71 suburban. My current pay off is $48k. Plus I get better tax write off’s with a lease.

Aliba

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 m50i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Why do you say that? A downpayment on a vehicle lease goes towards the amortized side, not the residual side. It's not gone, it's just divided amongst the lease payments. As for a write off situation, you can insure your trade or cash equity for very little.

Mileage per year is also very subjective. Some people drive 7500 miles, others drive 20,000

Generally speaking, a vehicle itself will cost the same no matter which way you pay for it (finance, lease, cash, etc), it's just cutting up the pie differently. The method you chose will dictate what you're paying in interest on top of the vehicle, but like I said, generally speaking the vehicle itself will cost the same.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So if you lease this vehicle meant for off roading I assume its just a street vehicle and thats it? Any damage is surely on the lease e? I would pick 100 other vehicles to lease before leasing a bronco that I couldnt go off road with. Cant make sense of this at all. But then again I dont own a porshe or any other exotic cars that many on this forum seem to have. Lol,I would fit much better with the jeep crowd I think.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone’s needs are different. Not sure why you think $5k out of pocket is bad if their net goal was a lower payment. Depending on what state they’re in, drive off would have been around $1K so that’s a $4k cap cost reduction. Yes, if they don’t purchase or sell the car at the end of the lease it’s money gone but that would have been about $100 more per month. And there’s nothing wrong with 7500 miles if you don’t exceed it. Even if you do, the mileage overage generally equals what the additional monthly payment would have been if you did 10/12/15k miles. I never lease my wife’s Porsche’s over 7500 as she only does about 6k miles per year. And with the current market, if you have a decent deal upfront you can generally recoup some of your monies with a buy back anytime during the lease. My dealer just offered me $67k for my ‘21 Z71 suburban. My current pay off is $48k. Plus I get better tax write off’s with a lease.
Trust that I understand leasing. I’ve leased a few times and from what I do for work.

However, cash in hand, always has more value. Low car payments sort of depend on a person’s situation, as is the case with mileage, but things in life can always change, so it’s smarter money to factor in some level of risk. So, if you think you’ll say, drive over 6K miles per year, 7.5K sounds like a good cushion, but what if your situation changes, or where you live? Anything can happen in 3 years, so a safe lease bet is 10K unless you have 3 or more vehicles.

As for the down payment, leasing isn’t throwing money away, since you are paying for the use of the car, but the cash you saved is best used elsewhere in your life. Now, that’s not saying put down nothing, but $5K is a lot for a lease. Again, if he plans to keep the car, it’s a better situation, but if the plan is to turn the keys back over, putting down $2-$3K and keeping some cash for whatever, is the smarter money.

Personally, I’ve never put more than $1K down on a lease and for several I put down nothing. Yes, I know affordability of the payment is relative, but since lease payments are lower anyway, there’s that.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So if you lease this vehicle meant for off roading I assume its just a street vehicle and thats it? Any damage is surely on the lease e? I would pick 100 other vehicles to lease before leasing a bronco that I couldnt go off road with. Cant make sense of this at all. But then again I dont own a porshe or any other exotic cars that many on this forum seem to have. Lol,I would fit much better with the jeep crowd I think.
Went off road most weekends last summer. Whats the difference between owning and leasing when it comes to repairs? You wouldn’t have your purchased bronco fixed? For me I wasn’t convinced about buying a first model year and soft top.

Last edited:

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Almost all of that 5k went into NY taxes, title, and license. I believe NYS law requires tax reimbursement for total claims. I dont drive much the miles dont matter.

Last edited: