Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we're being real here, my buggout vehicle is my 87 pickup that can probably run forever on used motor oil. Cant beat that, but I may have my wife follow me in the Bronco for the hour drive to the family farm. If we really get an apocalypse I cant think of a reason on earth I would ditch some of the most naturally fertile farmland in the country for the relatively barren mountains.
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bugging out to where? Unless you’ve got a prepared location, you essentially become a refugee. When we sold our last home, we moved out several weeks prior to closing on our new home. We ended up living in a borrowed RV in our friend’s front yard, kids still going to school, wife and I still going to work. And the weather started getting cold during this time. We did have the convenience of hot coffee and breakfast with our friends in their kitchen, and the use of their shower. But living out of a suitcase, with most of my possessions in storage...that got old.
Exactly, if you are not prepared. We have 10 acres in the wood basically, I had to have the road graded and graveled just to get the RV in. Over the years we have fixed it up and have everything we need, go up there every year for cross country skiing and snowmobiling. But then I grew up running the woods.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If we're being real here, my buggout vehicle is my 87 pickup that can probably run forever on used motor oil. Cant beat that, but I may have my wife follow me in the Bronco for the hour drive to the family farm. If we really get an apocalypse I cant think of a reason on earth I would ditch some of the most naturally fertile farmland in the country for the relatively barren mountains.
The only issue with this is you will need to be ready to defend it against the hordes of people fleeing the city :)

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only issue with this is you will need to be ready to defend it against the hordes of people fleeing the city :)
Right, if sh*t really hits the fan there will be no easy way forward. But I presume there will be a LOT of likeminded people hunting the same deer in the same woods in the same mountains too

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone looking to make a bronco their bugout vehicle? If so what are your plans?
Wouldn’t a fancy new vehicle make the worst bugout vehicle of all time? Find an old minivan if you’re trying to disappear.

OP
OP
DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn’t a fancy new vehicle make the worst bugout vehicle of all time? Find an old minivan if you’re trying to disappear.
oh. Okay.

Shefoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Must live in North Bend then :unsure:
Kitsap peninsula... so only bad part is 2 bridges incase we do need to leave or drive all the way around through Mason county...

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I already left all you mainlanders behind 6 years ago :ROFLMAO: The urban sprawl was looking like a bad time coming. Guess I was right. Lucky to live on this side of the island. Everybody here knows that there is a bridge about 2 miles from us that once they blow it or block it. Nobody is getting in or out of this side without serious climbing skills. We got water, fish, boar, and plenty of crops and building material over here. We also grow alot of sugarcane so I bet I can work out some ethanol for my Bronco.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I'll be honest, that's the main driving factor for me ordering a Bronco. I've always been a "hot hatch" or "Euro GT car" kinda guy; but man this last year and just overall longevity considerations...

I plan on DDing my bronco, but also totally plan on turning it into a subdued "get out of dodge" kinda vehicle.
100% agree. I want something that can get me just about anywhere. That's why I picked the Badlands. With the state of this country and the world...Something wicked this way comes....

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone looking to make a bronco their bugout vehicle? If so what are your plans?
It is one of many reasons I wanted the Bronco. I picked the Badlands specifically because I want to be able to get out of dodge wtshtf which I expect to be at some point in this decade.

OP
OP
DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% agree. I want something that can get me just about anywhere. That's why I picked the Badlands. With the state of this country and the world...Something wicked this way comes....
Even if this isnt the case, the idea is the platform that is well rounded and capable. I believe the bronco offers a lot

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I'll be honest, that's the main driving factor for me ordering a Bronco. I've always been a "hot hatch" or "Euro GT car" kinda guy; but man this last year and just overall longevity considerations...

I plan on DDing my bronco, but also totally plan on turning it into a subdued "get out of dodge" kinda vehicle.
Your living in Jersey is your primary vulnerability my friend. Too many people in a 3-4 state radius of you; you'd likely never make it out.

I know that YouTube and other parts of the internets are all full of "bug out" bag or "bug out" vehicle talk, but unless you live in a remote area already, "bugging out" is a theory and fallacy, so you'd be better spending money in other places.

If SHTF, best thing to do is hunker down and protect your turf and coordinate with others for resources and security.

Preppers are also in an interesting position. Basically, if a guy or home/family are known for being preppers, they're the first who'll be attacked and the first house to raid. Same with guys known to stockpile guns and ammo.

Having resources is easy, only takes money and commitment. However, holding on to your resources is where things become difficult. First, do you have weapons? Second, do you know how to use them, third, do you understand security and fortification? Then we can get into what security you have, what are your fortifications, where are your blind spots, and most important, do you have what it takes to execute as needed when necessary? For most men, the answer is no to almost everything I just listed.

Being a shooter or being a killer are two totally different concepts. Wanting to protect your family and knowing how to protect your family are also different, then the question of are you willing to do what needs to be done comes up.

Another thing. Guys who are already in remote areas will not welcome all of the city boys "invading" they're areas, consuming resources, and not providing much in return. Money will not help you in a true SHTF situation. Being mobile consumes a lot of resources and can be very unpredictable. Then, is your wife trained? Are you kids trained? Likely not in most instances.

My big question is bug out to where? With whom? I have land back in Alabama. However, getting to there from Atlanta isn't totally realistic. Best to secure where I live now and work with a select group of neighbors/friends/family to do what needs to be done.

Again, those who are resource rich are the first to be overrun if they have no training. And for the veterans out there. The military is trained to operate as a team. Door kickers have the training to do whatever the mission is required. So, unless a vet has invested time, energy, and money into training as an individual, take away the support/team, and they may be almost as vulnerable as those who never served.

For the range guys out there, targets are different than firing at another human. Hunters; human prey are smarter than that deer or even a wild hog, plus, in America, many have guns too and luck happens more often than you'd think.

These are just thoughts not to discourage, but to consider and plan for.

I have.
Sponsored