Sponsored

Anyone using front hardtop panels only for top when caught in rain?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys,

I have had a few Jeeps and I really like having the top down as much as possible. I have been rained in so much over the years that I always keep the drain plugs out, and a nice bikini top under the back seat ready to go. Unfortunately, there is no bikini for the Bronco. I have a 2D BL that finally got scheduled and not really liking the look of the Trektop. It is alright and I might end up getting it, but I do not care for the fastback/flip-back and store up high without a canvas bag or something to wrap around it. Kind of looks like an accordion and for me, I would rather have a top the goes all the way up/down as I am not the type to want to spend time leaving windows on and sunroof look, etc. I am thinking of taking the top off the Bronco in the spring with a lift in the garage that can put it back on pretty quickly, and just trying to get by with the 2 piece MIC top only. I have another car when if it is raining and I am in a rush and do not want to mess with putting the hard top back on.

I am thinking I might just throw the front part of the MIC into the back seat of the Bronco when it is cloudy and if it starts raining throw the front MIC back on and roll up the windows, With just me in the car I am hoping this will work, but has anyone tried this? Will that keep you dry in a jam? Obviously, reverse will not be pleasant, but let me know if anyone has any experience trying to use only the front 2 pieces as a top for when caught in the rain.
Sponsored

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following this - I was curious about this too

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran them a few times like that last summer. More for shade than rain. They don’t go much past the seats so in a decent rain I’m sure you’ll get wet but they would definitely be better than nothing.

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes! When I had jeeps, I could run much of the year in Colorado with a bikini top. If the weather got bad, Id just theow on the doors. I drove 500 miles in a blizzard that way and stayed perfectly warm and dry. We need a bikini top for the Bronco.

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door here for those interested. The middle panel does not fully cover the back seat. I was hoping to leave the back off, use the tonneau cover for the cargo area, and leave the Bimini mesh as a screen, but these big gaps above the seat will let in too much rain. This plan just isn’t going to work for me. Someone please make a true bikini and a rigid cargo deck / tonneau that fits! The ford tonneau has gaps at the tailgate corners that will let in rain.
Ford Bronco Anyone using front hardtop panels only for top when caught in rain? 16C12781-D5F2-4FFC-BDD8-2F67AD5F408A

Ford Bronco Anyone using front hardtop panels only for top when caught in rain? F01A6647-F84D-43CF-A76B-A198D1F992C0

Ford Bronco Anyone using front hardtop panels only for top when caught in rain? 41140379-D813-4F5A-9682-9A2C72685EBD

Ford Bronco Anyone using front hardtop panels only for top when caught in rain? 548BFE83-2F55-4851-A3D0-560F5C19ED11
Sponsored