Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going give this a try once it warms up. Some folks have said it's not safe, but I don't see how you could 'lose' a panel.
Sponsored

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Everyone. I just got my 2 door Bronco a few weeks ago, and I have been running only the front panels since the day after I bought it. Not only does it work, it works great. The panels are rock solid, do not flex, move, vibrate, creak, pop, or anything other than just ride there and provide shade. Not only that but it is surprisingly quiet and calm in the cabin with the windows rolled up. I can actually have a conversation on Bluetooth, and in the cabin no problem. If there was some sort of canvas removable back portion, I might never put the full rear top on again. I have driven on the highway, side streets, off road and on long road trips. It is a great way to drive around.

20220501_131530.jpg
Hey @Fishman That is exactly what I am looking to do with my 2D BL. Basically in the summer keep doors/top off in garage on nice days, on cloudy days have doors on and front panels only throw into the backseat, and on rainy days, use a lift to throw top on as quickly as possible. I am sure I will get caught out a lot, and really wish they made some kind of bikini top that strapped on real quick, but are there any issues with it being tough to store those pieces back there without them possibly getting blown out on interstate, etc? or rain ruining the speaker system in the back, etc? I know that stuff can happen, but I think I am going to start with this system and see if I think I will like it better than the Trektop that looks a little weird when it is all the way down on the 2d. To me it looks like an accordion above the rear rollbars and have only found a few pictures of it all the way down as they like advertising the rear windows on and sun rook open type stuff that I would never use. I still might go with a Trek top, but it looks like a paint to install and obviously I am not the biggest fan.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I store my hard top on hanging ratchet straps in my garage, not sure where I would put the middle back seat piece.
I've seen where others have made a basket/sling/hammock contraption that holds the front pieces .... or they pad the top of the rear piece and store it up there, as I recall , the straps kind of trap it in place.
Sponsored