First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2015 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I can’t get my hands on a solid Bimini top yet…I’ve been using the front 3 MIC panels. The mid panel has two clamp latches attached in this configuration.

I wouldn’t suggest off-roading or high speeds, but it works for short trips when rain is in the forecast.

Someone could easily Fab some brackets for the 2 of the 3 rear turn latches to make this viable.

Ford Bronco MIC Top - Front Panels only 1628548575408

Ford Bronco MIC Top - Front Panels only 1628548633886
Sponsored

Last edited:

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That doesn't look bad, BTW, how is the workmanship of your MIC top? We have all seen the horror stories and just wondering if Webasto can actually produce a decent top. Thanks!

OP
OP
DudeBronco

DudeBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That doesn't look bad, BTW, how is the workmanship of your MIC top? We have all seen the horror stories and just wondering if Webasto can actually produce a decent top. Thanks!
It’s actually pretty good, I can’t find much wrong with it yet. Time will tell if it holds up.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t mind the look, however I’d be terrified of them flying off, even under low speeds.

Now if you had 4 people in the vehicle, everyone could just gold a corner and you’d be fine :LOL:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the front is latched into the mid, and the mid is free floating?

Sponsored
OP
OP
DudeBronco

DudeBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mid has a clamp latch on each side and it’s pretty secure. It rattles a little, but doesn’t move much.
Ford Bronco MIC Top - Front Panels only 1628550114273

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two latches still holding? Let her ride!

Frappy608

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m looking into fabricating a bracket for exactly this purpose. Will keep everyone posted if successful. In the meantime has anyone else tried fabricating something to accomplish this?

Fishman

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GTI, Boston Whaler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi Everyone. I just got my 2 door Bronco a few weeks ago, and I have been running only the front panels since the day after I bought it. Not only does it work, it works great. The panels are rock solid, do not flex, move, vibrate, creak, pop, or anything other than just ride there and provide shade. Not only that but it is surprisingly quiet and calm in the cabin with the windows rolled up. I can actually have a conversation on Bluetooth, and in the cabin no problem. If there was some sort of canvas removable back portion, I might never put the full rear top on again. I have driven on the highway, side streets, off road and on long road trips. It is a great way to drive around.

20220501_131530.jpg

zio

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since I can’t get my hands on a solid Bimini top yet…I’ve been using the front 3 MIC panels. The mid panel has two clamp latches attached in this configuration.

I wouldn’t suggest off-roading or high speeds, but it works for short trips when rain is in the forecast.

Someone could easily Fab some brackets for the 2 of the 3 rear turn latches to make this viable.

Ford Bronco MIC Top - Front Panels only 20220501_131530

I just installed the two front and single mid section and did a quick freeway test up to 90 mph. No issues.

We are outside Sacramento and it’s getting hot! Waiting for the jTops hard top bimini top to ship. I ordered mine in mid April!

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks better than I would have imagined. I hope someone fabricates like you suggest to make this a secure fit for all driving types.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed the two front and single mid section and did a quick freeway test up to 90 mph. No issues.

We are outside Sacramento and it’s getting hot! Waiting for the jTops hard top bimini top to ship. I ordered mine in mid April!
We are ramp up shipping this week! We are still having a zipper supply issue but we did get some in!
Mike
Mike

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an interesting post, because right now.......this is a main issue keeping me from possibly taking acceptance of my Bronco order. I bought a JL and honestly love it, Jeeps are all I've ever had and I run 6 months hard top, 6 months bikini with spray out interior. I need a top in the summer for rain, sun I can take, rain not so much.

This is an interesting solution, my only issue would be I store my hard top on hanging ratchet straps in my garage, not sure where I would put the middle back seat piece.

I would just get a trektop (I hate the look of the factory soft top), but....I still need to be able to load surfboards/longboards on to it in - hence the hardtop and open back end in the summer.

zio

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The hardtop installed 2/3 of the way is working for me. Keeps the sun off but lets the wind in.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Everyone. I just got my 2 door Bronco a few weeks ago, and I have been running only the front panels since the day after I bought it. Not only does it work, it works great. The panels are rock solid, do not flex, move, vibrate, creak, pop, or anything other than just ride there and provide shade. Not only that but it is surprisingly quiet and calm in the cabin with the windows rolled up. I can actually have a conversation on Bluetooth, and in the cabin no problem. If there was some sort of canvas removable back portion, I might never put the full rear top on again. I have driven on the highway, side streets, off road and on long road trips. It is a great way to drive around.

Just wondering - anyone else doing this and any issues. This is pretty much what I would do in case of rain in the summer since there's no viable bikini top option.
Sponsored