Sponsored

Anyone wish Ford kept a traditional tailgate design? Think they will bring it back?

bruce 1

Outer Banks
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford transit
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I also wish it had a fold down tailgate the current tailgate is fine for groceries but to carry anything else the extra length and support would come in real handy.
Sponsored

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

aside from the innumerable threads starting back more than a year ago and continuing to this day; No, no one has ever mentioned that desire.
Yeah, it's almost as tired as people sniping at people for posting something they already know. Who cares if it's already out there? We short of space on the forum or something?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, some topics deserve to be beaten again. NOT that you got that special artwork package from Ford (that I haven't got), nor about missing cupholders, or whether 35's will fit (YES!), ad infinitum. But what else we got to do right now?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah, it's almost as tired as people sniping at people for posting something they already know. Who cares if it's already out there? We short of space on the forum or something?
I'm actually getting pretty tired of this argument.

This is a forum. Forums used to be in person. Imagine someone asking a question one day/week, and then someone asking the same question at the next forum. You know what they'd say? "Go look at the meeting notes from ____. It's been addressed. Next topic."

This isn't Facebook. It isn't social media. A forum is like a library. It's a resource for information. Imagine going to a library without the Dewey Decimal System? No index, nothing. Books are just everywhere. The same book can be in three places. You know how annoying that is?

Almost as annoying as having a question on a Bronco forum, using the search function, and having to check multiple threads for an answer.

Get it?

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I much prefer the way it is now. If I'd have to swing away the tire first, then fold down the tailgate and fold open the window every time I want to load/unload my dog I'd probably be looking at the Wrangler instead. Dog stays off the seats, so no way of loading him in from the front.
Actually, if my Tacoma had the option of swing out or drop down, I'd have gotten the swing out version. Never needed the tailgate for longer loads in 18 years and rarely (if ever?) sat on it, not very comfortable. A both ways gate solution would be neat, but I'd not want to pay extra for it.
Not having to climb over the tailgate to get things from the back is gonna be nicer than on my Taco. I guess to each their own.
That it looks more like a jeep means nothing to me, don't care what other people think I'm driving.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You seem to be forgetting that there is lift glass back there. Pull the tire just out of the way and glass up for small items. Or the back or side seat if its something that small to just get it home. Also if we had fold down there would be somewhere to sit or have sandwiches without having to buy 2 more accessories for the back. Also, to go one step further, guys and gals that add bigger heavier off road tires usually add a heavy duty tire carrier that attaches like the "old" style. This isn't just "nostalgia" from a bunch of old farts this is good utilitarian thinking from people that use their vehicle as a tool and not just a grocery getter.
That is how I do it for my Ranger with a topper and spare tire swingout, no need to open the tailgate for little crap.

I like my tailgate, having not been around the Bronco door yet I can't really comment but having a place to set things and work on things and to sit is very handy to have. And if it gets in the way unclip the two cables and it lifts right off.

But the Bronco is not replacing my Ranger for my offroader of choice so I won't lose any sleep over it.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oh yeah... I forgot about that thing.

You guys remember the donut doors? Those were awesome.
What would they do for windows on those doors? Not have any?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Then the obx, base, and wildtrak should have the new one. Let the more utility-focused badlands and black diamond trims have the traditional lol
Since neither is powered, this seems like a reasonable thing to option.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Think they will bring it back?
Definitely. Ford probably knows that a huge amount of customers probably refused to order due to the current tailgate design, and the customers know that Ford is very likely to complexify Bronco manufacturing by designing, testing, and adding as an option a completely different rear cargo door. They'll probably also be making a new hard top for the option so the glass can be retractable into the tailgate rather than attached to the hard top.

Definitely gonna happen!

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do. Then I wouldn't need a slide-out tailgate table!
Sponsored