P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Before the HOSS 3.0 there was nothing you could get on the WT that you couldn’t get on the badlands, but not the other way around (sta bar disco). Sport mode is easily added in a couple of minutes with FORscan. That’s why I didn’t understand why people went with a WT. I even posted about it months ago and I got numerous comments “price” a fully loaded WT was about $2k less than a badlands. Some also mentioned they didn’t want steel plates or bumpers. That all made sense, but what didn’t make sense to me are the people that went fully loaded. What you just mentioned I have in my badlands. Sport (FORscan), leather, and carpet. But I also have a sta bar disco. With hoss 3.0 the WT now makes sense. But if money is not the reason and you don’t want HOSS 3.0 I still don’t understand why anyone would go WT over badlands unless you think the sta bar is one more thing to break or something
I ordered my WT before the FORSCAN sport mode possibility came to light… that might have tipped the scales for me.

I do prefer the look of the gloss black grill and, when I first placed my order, they were promised with a gloss black mod top. Of course, we know that didn’t come to fruition.

My original build price for a fully loaded WT was more than a similarly equipped Badlands w/SAS. That may not have been the case once they dropped the mod top option.

I thought about changing my order when they did that, but I decided I still liked the look of the WT better.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Notice I said "performance" not "features" so to clarify, with the same exact engine, Sas package, transmission, and doors....... So currently a 4 door Base with the 2.7 Sas (and hero's), comes in $8645 cheaper than a WT (creature comforts and lipstick aside), and I believe that number was similar when I ordered.
They say the devil is in the details. Of course it's an 8k difference. You're missing so many components with that build. That doesn't even include the MID package.

I understand some people don't want that stuff. But to say a WT comes anywhere close to a strip down base model just because you slap Sasquatch and a bigger engine in it is not an accurate comparison.

WildLux951

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just hope that if I ever have to drive over a parking curb at the mall, my HOSS 3.0 equipped Wildtrak will handle the task without the sway bar disconnect.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
They say the devil is in the details. Of course it's an 8k difference. You're missing so many components with that build. That doesn't even include the MID package.

I understand some people don't want that stuff. But to say a WT comes anywhere close to a strip down base model just because you slap Sasquatch and a bigger engine in it is not an accurate comparison.
Since my first post simply disputed that the WT offered any off-road advantages over others trims (-disco), and I have acknowledged the WT comes with many extra trinkets and some mild appearance differences, it seems we are in agreement with most. And where I see the Base as having to much unnecessary garbage added, and you see it as not near enough, in that regard, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Last edited: