First Name
Alek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Mine does the same thing with the added bonus of turning off/on constantly in low signal areas. Sync even disconnects my bluetooth in one spot every day. I'm sick of it, but it's on my way to work so I have to deal with it.
Right there with you. Every day on my way to work when service gets spotty, Spotify cuts in and out for a good mile stretch. It makes CarPlay itself lag as well to any touch input I.e. if I try to quickly change it back to Sync and put on Sirius for the time being. Sometimes it crashes entirely, too!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Right there with you. Every day on my way to work when service gets spotty, Spotify cuts in and out for a good mile stretch. It makes CarPlay itself lag as well to any touch input I.e. if I try to quickly change it back to Sync and put on Sirius for the time being. Sometimes it crashes entirely, too!
Good afternoon. Would you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your preferred Ford dealer so I can look into this CarPlay concern? Thank you!

Indica

Heritage
First Name
Alek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Good afternoon. Would you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your preferred Ford dealer so I can look into this CarPlay concern? Thank you!
Message sent!

Utahjazzman

Badlands
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone explain why carplwy wonā€™t recognize when I plug my iPhone in? Itā€™s like itā€™s stuck in CarPlay. I donā€™t even know how to turn it off. I turn off blue tooth and wifi and itā€™s still connected w/o being plugged inā€¦ so frustrating

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Over this past weekend 4/21-4/24 I took a several hour drive trying to use CarPlay with my iPhone 10XR. Before this drive, CarPlay worked like a charm, and I usually normally use Pandora and Waze app on all my drives, and I wirelessly charge my phone. On this longer drive, I have found my phone was getting very hot just sitting in the wireless charger and then my phone would disconnect from CarPlay, and eventually reconnect. At this point I thought maybe it had to do with the charging system, so I moved it out of that area, and the problem still happened, with the phone becoming hot and disconnecting from CarPlay. I kind of feel like it could be my phone trying to do too much, but not sure. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue? On short trips, no issues, but longer trips, big issue, the playlist thing isn't an issue for me as I dont really deal with playlists.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I periodically have that issue too but I have experienced it outside of the bronco. Super weird how at times it will get really hot. Completely random. I often close everything down and reboot my phone because that is the first step for all electronics when something is going wrong.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine just stopped connecting to my iphone 12 automatically. I didn't even notice on my daily 2-3 mile drive, just noticed that it stopped switching from Sirius to spotify on my phone while backing down the driveway, which was annoying. Figured it's an update (is there a way to force the stereo to stay on what ever was used last? Which is usually Sirius for me unless I'm on a road trip).

Noticed that car play was gone when I wanted to use Waze, had to connect the phone manually through the menu (or via cable). Service tried to fix it with several kinds of resets, didn't work, so today I'm getting a new APIM installed, we'll see if that helps.

And yes, the wireless charger is not very good unfortunately. I'm hoping that someone will put a kit together with instructions on how to swap it out for something that works. Which is not something I should have to do, but also not something worth going into a back and forth with Ford, it's really only on road trips that I need to charge the phone. Still, I paid for it, it should work....

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed, I love how people will chime in about others complaints about things that donā€™t work. You hit the nail on the head, they marketed/advertised a feature, we paid for it. It should work as promised but it doesnā€™tā€¦ they should have put a disclaimer like at the end of every pharmaceutical commercialā€¦ mayā€¦ disconnect randomly, over heat, give false playlists, pillars leak, Window pop, roof leak, roof squick, parts may not be tightly fastened, get 13mpg, etc, etcā€¦ may drive you to drink literally and figuratively!!!!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I periodically have that issue too but I have experienced it outside of the bronco. Super weird how at times it will get really hot. Completely random. I often close everything down and reboot my phone because that is the first step for all electronics when something is going wrong.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

Jesus Freak

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2022 started acting up two weeks ago. Screen goes black, or freezes. Podcasts pause and restart randomly. Phone calls pause and restart randomly. Iā€™ve pushed the volume control and FFD button for 10 seconds with short term success.
I took it into the dealership today and it was diagnosed with having a bad APIM. The part is on back order. This is a very inconvenient issue. Technology, you gotta love itā€¦ā€¦weā€™re certainly paying for it.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2022 started acting up two weeks ago. Screen goes black, or freezes. Podcasts pause and restart randomly. Phone calls pause and restart randomly. Iā€™ve pushed the volume control and FFD button for 10 seconds with short term success.
I took it into the dealership today and it was diagnosed with having a bad APIM. The part is on back order. This is a very inconvenient issue. Technology, you gotta love itā€¦ā€¦weā€™re certainly paying for it.
I hate to say it, but I've been waiting for this part since April. There was a month where it worked flawlessly, but over the past month it's been flaking out, and for the past 2 weeks, its been almost entirely dead (press and hold for 10 secs and 20% of the time it'll freeze on the blue bronco, and maybe 5% of the time, the radio will come on (I can adjust the volume, but it's stuck on that station.)

So yeah.... I've been waiting over three months... well past lemon law status...
Sponsored