Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And back to the ranch..... I have pretty much switched to "wired" carplay for the connectivity issues of it cutting out and freezing the system when I drive by specific spots on my commute. This does not solve the "nanny-state" issue of Apple and/or Sync trying to limit what you can be distracted by while driving. Hopefully... and yes Hope is a strategy... Sync will push an update that improves CarPlay performance. Now let me go hold my breath... šŸ˜–
Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, well that was not a shot at you but for your piece of mind, I am not entitled, I work hard for my money and what I get. Most everything we have in the us is is actually a luxury including your Honda and the device you are typing onā€¦ give it a rest and stop hiding behind a blog. We pay for something it should preform as advertised/promised. I will not sit idly by with corporations making M/B and feel like I can demand what I purchased. This is a ford issue, I have had dozens upon dozens of vehicles at all price points that donā€™t have a single issue such as this. And I noted for iPhone. Not my problem if someone references other platformsā€¦. I started this post!
I never took it as an attack, I stated that it has been an issue since sync came out did I not? I also mentioned that when ford finds a fix for it, it's only good until another update comes out for the phone and it starts over again.

"It's an endless cycle between Windows and Mac unfortunately šŸ˜•" - me

Not once did I just blame Apple, nor did I just blame Ford.

2007 sync comes out
-Customer's state there's a problem
-Ford acknowledges problem
-Ford fixes problem
-Problem returns with new update
- Go back to step one and repeat

You are putting the blame solely on Ford not understanding how the system works. Windows, which is what sync is, and iOS do not like each other. The other vehicles you mentioned use Android based OS' which are better at communicating with other operating systems but still have there "glitches". Those "glitches" are why I mentioned my wife's vehicle to show that it's not just Ford like you're making it out to be.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you the one that mentioned other platforms first?
edit: So what if you're the op? You had an issue you weren't informed about, I tried to inform you. You didn't like my responce.

Bottom line Windows and iOS is almost like trying pairing an apple to an orange.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I never took it as an attack, I stated that it has been an issue since sync came out did I not? I also mentioned that when ford finds a fix for it, it's only good until another update comes out for the phone and it starts over again.

2007 sync comes out
-Ford fixes problem

You are putting the blame solely on Ford not understanding how the system works. Windows, which is what sync is, and iOS do not like each other. The other vehicles you mentioned use Android based OS' which are better at communicating with other operating systems but still have there "glitches". Those "glitches" are why I mentioned my wife's vehicle to show that it's not just Ford like you're making it out to be.

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you the one that mentioned other platforms first?
edit: So what if you're the op? You had an issue you weren't informed about, I tried to inform you. You didn't like my responce.

Bottom line Windows and iOS is almost like trying pairing an apple to an orange.
Thatā€™s fine, but can you explain why the same op/platform donā€™t have issue with all these other vehicles? I understand what you are saying but I donā€™t understand why this seems to be solely an issue with ford. Maybe my experience is an anomaly but others seem to have the same experience. Worse of all ford doesnā€™t seem to care, silenceā€¦ hell I had to call 21 different dealers across the nation to find out if there is any reason I couldnā€™t drive without the beauty rings on which a receptionist answer I couldnā€™t which is when I gave up on that wild goose chase. So, is this sync the end of the world, no but ford has S the bed in so many ways I just canā€™t take it anymore but I will because I love the broncoā€¦ I just am hoping someone out there can either figure this out or get through to fordā€¦

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2007 sync comes out
-Ford fixes problem

Sync has not run on the Windows based OS for MANY years. Sync 3 and 4 run on a Blackberry OS.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thatā€™s fine, but can you explain why the same op/platform donā€™t have issue with all these other vehicles? I understand what you are saying but I donā€™t understand why this seems to be solely an issue with ford. Maybe my experience is an anomaly but others seem to have the same experience. Worse of all ford doesnā€™t seem to care, silenceā€¦ hell I had to call 21 different dealers across the nation to find out if there is any reason I couldnā€™t drive without the beauty rings on which a receptionist answer I couldnā€™t which is when I gave up on that wild goose chase. So, is this sync the end of the world, no but ford has S the bed in so many ways I just canā€™t take it anymore but I will because I love the broncoā€¦ I just am hoping someone out there can either figure this out or get through to fordā€¦
I fully understand what you donā€™t like about CarPlay in your Bronco, but donā€™t understand what your expecting Ford to do about it. They have chosen to implement safety features available. The system works as intended, across the Ford lineup is the same.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sync has not run on the Windows based OS for MANY years. Sync 3 and 4 run on a Blackberry OS.
LOL, I was thinking exactly the same thing. Sync 3 and 4 are based on QNX (Blackberry owned), not a Microsoft product.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because SYNC is a Windows based OS... Other manufacturers, as he mentioned, are Android based OS's. Carplay probably plays nicer with Android and not as nice with Windows.

P.S. Android Auto works flawlessly with SYNC from my experience. šŸ˜

P.S.S. I was not aware of the Blackberry OS. We all replied at the same time. šŸ˜

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would think that CarPlay would be a universally standard experience, by that I mean regardless of what brand/type of vehicle one has the experience would be the same. My bmw x7 does not have all these issues or requirements.
Wireless CarPlay in my wifeā€™s ā€˜21 Tahoe limits Spotify playlists/content/options. I just assumed this was a Spotify-specific issue.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wireless CarPlay in my wifeā€™s ā€˜21 Tahoe limits Spotify playlists/content/options. I just assumed this was a Spotify-specific issue.
Itā€™s not really an issue. The intention is for you to use the voice assistant when the steering wheel button is available vs scrolling on the screen when driving.

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And back to the ranch..... I have pretty much switched to "wired" carplay for the connectivity issues of it cutting out and freezing the system when I drive by specific spots on my commute. This does not solve the "nanny-state" issue of Apple and/or Sync trying to limit what you can be distracted by while driving. Hopefully... and yes Hope is a strategy... Sync will push an update that improves CarPlay performance. Now let me go hold my breath... šŸ˜–
Sadly, that does not work for me. Sync even disconnects my bluetooth for some unknown reason any time I get in one spot of my commute to work. That one spot is the only place it happens. I can see a tower from where I am driving, but I get very little signal. How is the bluetooth disabled for sync just because I have low signal from a tower?

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford made the decision to ditch windows in 2014 for BlackBerryā€™s QNX. They are now making the shift to Android Automotive, not to be confused with Android Auto. This war between competing imbedded software in the automotive world is going through a lot of changes right now with Linux, QNX, and Android Automotive all battling it out.

Many vehicles are still very buggy with their infotainment systems and donā€™t always integrate with the Android and Apple smartphone OS.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...-based-infotainment-to-adopt-blackberry-unit/

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/0...os-review-under-the-hood-with-googles-car-os/

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford made the decision to ditch windows in 2014 for BlackBerryā€™s QNX. They are now making the shift to Android Automotive, not to be confused with Android Auto. This war between competing imbedded software in the automotive world is going through a lot of changes right now with Linux, QNX, and Android Automotive all battling it out.

Many vehicles are still very buggy with their infotainment systems and donā€™t always integrate with the Android and Apple smartphone OS.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...-based-infotainment-to-adopt-blackberry-unit/

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/0...os-review-under-the-hood-with-googles-car-os/
People keep saying the Fords dumped windows for blackberry in 2014. I'm not disagreeing with you all, since Ford was trying to figure a solution to combat the compatibility problems.

The thing is, every time I would be uploading software to the APIM, or even just reseting the APIM, it would still say "Microsoft" not "Blackberry" or "QNX". This is all the way up until Sync3, post all the articles you want from the internet but it still showed "Microsoft" all the way up until I left Ford in 2018, and I was a tech for them 20yrs when I left.
Sponsored