OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So not to beat this dead horse but I have confirmed my x7 does not truncate the play list like by bronco does. I did notice the x7 just references “play lists” and not “most recent play list”. This would theoretically make a difference but again I don’t play the lists that the bronco says are my recent or my most frequent playlist. Anyone have a clue, anyone have a contact that could help us out? It is a real problem (kidding aside of REAL PROBLEMS, because it is with a 60k vehicle…). Help!!!
Sponsored

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just picked up my Bronco yesterday and have the exact same problem. Very frustrating. I have had several cars in the past that did not do this which makes me suspect it is built into Sync, not Carplay itself. My wife's X6 does not do this, nor did my prior Alfa Romeo. What a joke. It makes Carplay damn near useless.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just picked up my Bronco yesterday and have the exact same problem. Very frustrating. I have had several cars in the past that did not do this which makes me suspect it is built into Sync, not Carplay itself. My wife's X6 does not do this, nor did my prior Alfa Romeo. What a joke. It makes Carplay damn near useless.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this SYNC concern. Thanks!

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this SYNC concern. Thanks!
All these private messages requested but never any follow up and report back to the thread on what was done to resolve Starts to look like fake concern

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. Message sent. Hope to hear a response and a solution.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Still an issue for me, this should easily be fixed via a pushed update.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Noticing that my spotify gets super laggy and buffers music at speeds lower than 5mph (traffic lights, rolling through stop signs, etc). Pretty sure it's the truncation overloading the system and "maxing" the CPU usage. Super annoying. Doesn't happen in non-carplay sync audio. Any one else?

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fords always had this problem since sync came out. iOS doesn't like to talk to non-iOS platforms.

When I worked for ford it seemed like as soon as we get an update patch for Apple play, Apple would be like "f*ck you guy!" and send another update to the phones and cause problems again. It's an endless cycle between Windows and Mac, unfortunately. 😒

It sucked being a tech sometimes because some entitled soccer's would try raising hell when there's nothing we can do.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine does the same thing with the added bonus of turning off/on constantly in low signal areas. Sync even disconnects my bluetooth in one spot every day. I'm sick of it, but it's on my way to work so I have to deal with it.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This sounds like a Ford Sync problem. I have no issues with CarPlay on other cars, my son’s car, or my daughter’s car(none are Fords). The past couple of rental cars I’ve had were from GM and VW and CarPlay also worked perfectly. Our 2018 Range Rover was glitchy with CarPlay when we first got it but a Land Rover software update took care of the issues.

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same issue with CarPlay. Limited number of songs. Also, wireless CarPlay connection is hit and miss (I do know wifi has to be turned on in phone settings).

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fords always had this problem since sync came out. iOS doesn't like to talk to non-iOS platforms.

When I worked for ford it seemed like as soon as we get an update patch for Apple play, Apple would be like "f*ck you guy!" and send another update to the phones and cause problems again. It's an endless cycle between Windows and Mac, unfortunately. 😒

It sucked being a tech sometimes because some entitled soccer's would try raising hell when there's nothing we can do.
I appreciate the comments but it’s not an apple problem. It’s a ford problem, I have never had this issue on any rental, my x7 or any of my previous cars. Ford needs to fix this! This is such amateur hour.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate the comments but it’s not an apple problem. It’s a ford problem, I have never had this issue on any rental, my x7 or any of my previous cars. Ford needs to fix this! This is such amateur hour.
Please refer back to my post you so graciously replied to. Particularly line one (1) of said post. Line five (5) mentions an update that Ford puts out (typically every 6-8 months because of phone updates by the way) to aid in this problem.

Also if you look closer, you'll see that line eight (8) states it is a Windows issue as well.

But if I were a betting man, I would say you fall under the same entitled category as those mentioned in the last sentence of my post. The ones where nothing said to them actually registers because all you care about is some "luxury feature" that has to communicate with a brand that's notorious for giving its customers technical problems so they have to buy the "latest and greatest product".

My phone and wife's phones have the same connectivity problems in her car and it's a honda product (an Android auto program).

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Please refer back to my post you so graciously replied to. Particularly line one (1) of said post. Line five (5) mentions an update that Ford puts out (typically every 6-8 months because of phone updates by the way) to aid in this problem.

Also if you look closer, you'll see that line eight (8) states it is a Windows issue as well.

But if I were a betting man, I would say you fall under the same entitled category as those mentioned in the last sentence of my post. The ones where nothing said to them actually registers because all you care about is some "luxury feature" that has to communicate with a brand that's notorious for giving its customers technical problems so they have to buy the "latest and greatest product".

My phone and wife's phones have the same connectivity problems in her car and it's a honda product (an Android auto program).
Wow, well that was not a shot at you but for your piece of mind, I am not entitled, I work hard for my money and what I get. Most everything we have in the us is is actually a luxury including your Honda and the device you are typing on… give it a rest and stop hiding behind a blog. We pay for something it should preform as advertised/promised. I will not sit idly by with corporations making M/B and feel like I can demand what I purchased. This is a ford issue, I have had dozens upon dozens of vehicles at all price points that don’t have a single issue such as this. And I noted for iPhone. Not my problem if someone references other platforms…. I started this post!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have zero problems with CarPlay in my Gladiator and 4Runner. If it works like shit in the bronco then I guess I’m going to be a pissed off entitled person!
Sponsored