Apple Carplay issues

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is anyone else having issues with apply play? For some reason when I hit play list it doesn’t pull up all my playlist, only a few ones I rarely/never use. If I go in and out if it a few times it randomly showes up. Also, I put it on FM, but then when i went back to apple play it kept playing the FM but showed my apply play and a song from my playlist playing… super weird…
Sponsored

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Apple WIreless CarPlay will truncate your playlists\artist\album\song listings when the vehicle is going faster than 5mph. This could be why you're only seeing a partial amount of your playlists.

Also, CarPlay will not list the current audio you're listening to if you are using another source from the Car (SiriusXM, AM, FM), but it'll just list the last song you've listened to in the paused\stopped state.

I've never tried it, but you could attempt to use wired CarPlay to see if that solves your truncated playlist issue. It's infuriating. :mad:

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Apple WIreless CarPlay will truncate your playlists\artist\album\song listings when the vehicle is going faster than 5mph. This could be why you're only seeing a partial amount of your playlists.

Also, CarPlay will not list the current audio you're listening to if you are using another source from the Car (SiriusXM, AM, FM), but it'll just list the last song you've listened to in the paused\stopped state.

I've never tried it, but you could attempt to use wired CarPlay to see if that solves your truncated playlist issue. It's infuriating. :mad:
Okay, thanks that is helpful! I’m new to CarPlay and didn’t notice this in our x7 which we just bought. I’ll give it a shot…. Thanks again!

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No issues here, except the no manual selection while moving thing, which I hate!
Those with issues, iPhone or Android, this may answer your question! lol

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No issues here, except the no manual selection while moving thing, which I hate!
Those with issues, iPhone or Android, this may answer your question! lol
I would think that CarPlay would be a universally standard experience, by that I mean regardless of what brand/type of vehicle one has the experience would be the same. My bmw x7 does not have all these issues or requirements.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My CarPlay was so bad I went to Bluetooth Audio and haven’t looked back. Between freezing and resetting/rebooting every three minutes to draining the phone battery quicker than anything before. It’s just not worth it IMO. Maybe some OTAU have solved this but I figure I’ll stick with good ol’ wired when I need Maps

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, is there a way to get the complete screen to display one setting? For example, if I want navigation on the whole screen without the side window of whatever. Or if I want CarPlay taking up the whole screen and not having navigation or one of the other apps on the right.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For the IT techies, is this an apple/CarPlay issue or a fire issue?

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So it does appear that the play lists truncate when moving which is stupid, we are still looking at the screen why not list actual play list. And second, this truncated list is not the most recent or most often played. Mine only gives me options of play lists that I NEVER/very very rarely listen to.
Anyone know how to adjust this?

Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it makes you feel better I get these same issues in my apple CarPlay in my Audi.

to avoid issues I just plug into wired CarPlay. Wireless never really works. Same with wife’s little Kia seltos.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it does appear that the play lists truncate when moving which is stupid, we are still looking at the screen why not list actual play list. And second, this truncated list is not the most recent or most often played. Mine only gives me options of play lists that I NEVER/very very rarely listen to.
Anyone know how to adjust this?
Apple is making sure your driving safely by not giving you what you are looking for

but end up relying on recently played in Spotify more often than I should to find the ones I'm looking for

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, is there a way to get the complete screen to display one setting? For example, if I want navigation on the whole screen without the side window of whatever. Or if I want CarPlay taking up the whole screen and not having navigation or one of the other apps on the right.
Not possible

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't tried it with CarPlay, but I can expand my Ford Navigation screen to full screen using the icon in the lower right hand side of the navigation screen.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No. You can make the built in NAV go full screen but that’s it.
Sponsored