Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In but scared of the cost.
The Reverse Lockout, being a multi-op and live tool lathe part... and being 6061,... then toss in either a post machine or laser Op, I'd guess it would land in the $80-$90 range at full send. Custom'ish colors are always a possibility. That also includes shipping. Now add your B6G discount and buy an extra one to hang on the Christmas tree. ;)

The knobs will have a sauce factor of 11. I don't want to get into shooting from the hip on cost until they are closer to 100%.

CarlSpackler

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Reverse Lockout, being a multi-op and live tool lathe part... and being 6061,... then toss in either a post machine or laser Op, I'd guess it would land in the $80-$90 range at full send. Custom'ish colors are always a possibility. That also includes shipping. Now add your B6G discount and buy an extra one to hang on the Christmas tree. ;)

The knobs will have a sauce factor of 11. I don't want to get into shooting from the hip on cost until they are closer to 100%.
Just build the best, offer us the options we want and there are plenty of us that will pay. Quality is not cheap and thankfully there are enough of us left who realize that. Iā€™ll take one in wood, one in leather.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@EIGHTLUG What's the ETA on previews of the different knob designs?
Give me a couple weeks to get some 'close to done' stuff to share for you guys. It's really three pieces that are being designed at the same time. The Reverse Lockout/Knob Adapter/Various Knobs and they all need to work together and be backwards compatible with OEM parts.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hereā€™s your sneak peek of shift knob design #1. We call it AR | CHISEL. This is rendered in raw machined 304 stainless steel. Roughly one pound in weight, not including the adapter, for excellent feel of throw. All of the features are machined. The ball end accent around most of the circumference will give a tactile feel to your palm and fingertips as you row through the gears. Itā€™s meant to look mechanical and engaging. Coupled with the Reverse Lockout it will bring a very bespoke look to your interior. The Reverse Lockout is designed to just kiss the shift knob when engaged giving off a very vintage Ferrari metal on metal gated shifter sound. Engaging for almost all of your senses and making driving fun again.
Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 021F87A4-64F9-427A-86D4-5D70E135CCF6
Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 20538304-6EFC-4D80-B42F-0CC38AE27BEB
Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 40FC3220-DABF-4211-9BEB-BE69F3E3C4D9

Arjineal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saturn Astra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG that is badass! I can't wait to see the other designs when they are ready! I will definitely be purchasing, the question just remains which design...

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's gorgeous!! Both knob and collar raw will really stand out from the interior. Not sure how I feel about the click, my trans is making enough noise... lol.

LĆØĆ²n

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks Pimpy, but hows that gonna be in the summer and winter?

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hereā€™s your sneak peek of shift knob design #1. We call it AR | CHISEL. This is rendered in raw machined 304 stainless steel. Roughly one pound in weight, not including the adapter, for excellent feel of throw. All of the features are machined. The ball end accent around most of the circumference will give a tactile feel to your palm and fingertips as you row through the gears. Itā€™s meant to look mechanical and engaging. Coupled with the Reverse Lockout it will bring a very bespoke look to your interior. The Reverse Lockout is designed to just kiss the shift knob when engaged giving off a very vintage Ferrari metal on metal gated shifter sound. Engaging for almost all of your senses and making driving fun again.
Ford Bronco AR | GEAR JAMMER - Bronco 7 Speed Shift Knob 40FC3220-DABF-4211-9BEB-BE69F3E3C4D9
Willing to do product testing on this along with the 2-door roof rack.

Although as mentioned before, heat is an issue on this for an open topped vehicle.
A derilin sleeve could do wonders to keep us able to grab your shifter by the shaft and SEND IT into an adventure.

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m very excited for this.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's sexy! That MOFO is gonna get hot as hell in the summer here in TX!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That's sexy! That MOFO is gonna get hot as hell in the summer here in TX!
Actually, stainless steel has among the lowest values for thermal conductivity, especially among metals. Thatā€™s why you see it commonly used in refrigerators, YETI cups, Thermos, etc. In all actually, it would be the coolest thing in the interior of your Bronco in Texas, in the middle of summer, in more ways than one. šŸ˜‰

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually, stainless steel has among the lowest values for thermal conductivity, especially among metals. Thatā€™s why you see it commonly used in refrigerators, YETI cups, Thermos, etc. In all actually, it would be the coolest thing in the interior of your Bronco in Texas, in the middle of summer, in more ways than one. šŸ˜‰
After an afternoon of soaking in a 160+ degree interior temp vehicle in Phoenix that knob will be very hot. I would get in the habit of throwing a towel over it to prevent direct sun exposure. After direct sun exposure the vinyl seats in my 2015 Passat would sear the flesh off the back of my legs if I were wearing shorts in the summer. My wife used to wear oven mitts driving a 1970 VW Beetle in Tucson because the wheel was so hot.

Fortunately I donā€™t live on the surface of the sun anymore, so knob temperature shouldnā€˜t be an issue for me.
Sponsored