Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey everyone.
I’m new to this, so hopefully I’m posting correctly.

So here’s the deal, I installed my ARB air compressor using the mount sold by 4x4TruckLEDs. Let me start off by saying… outstanding job on the mount!

But no one wants to open the hood every time they want to use the air compressor (I’m running it off my uplander switch) and the options I found for relocating the outlet were not really what I wanted (or they were made for Tacomas or Jeeps). So I decided to just make my own.

Now, my criteria was I wanted to have the ability to access it from outside the car from both the front and rear of the car, and I didn’t want to open the hood. So I went to Home Depot, and got:

-the cheapest air hose they had
- 1, piece hose repair kit (cause the shortest hose is 25 feet)
- 1 male and female decoupler kit
- 2 port ball values
- 1 Tee fitting
- 2 Simpson strong tie frame anchors

Using the above stated items I split the compressor output (to the front and later the back) and gained the ability to shut off one end by using the ball valve. And using this I ran the cheap air hose to the front bumper, and used the Simpson strong tie L angle (that I cut out an additional hole out of) to anchor the air output. Yes, the additional hole was made terribly, cause I used what I had, and it was not made for drilling holes, but it works.

I also wanted to angle it to the side, cause… it made sense in my head.

I’m sure this will spark much better suggestions on how to do this, but I had not seen any posts of anyone showing their air output relocation, so I figured I would start it.

F1266CFE-3F69-4EBB-A107-72B23B06ACA5.jpeg

3A641541-9811-4A23-AA8E-5D9ABD2E7B93.jpeg

51D08EC4-FDA3-4516-B496-01FCB37F0760.jpeg

EA94FA28-223D-4BC8-9F3B-DA7EA405F39A.jpeg

6172DEA3-A035-41C9-87DA-4A4C5213686E.jpeg
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lot of risk of that getting ripped off the bumper sticking out like that, and not just from driving on trails.. Also, it kind of “stands out” with that hose color. You already had to open the hood to adjust your valves, so why not keep it “clean” and place the front outlet in there near the air box?

OP
OP
AaronCam0

AaronCam0

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I’m a little worried about it catching on something, which is why I added the second bolt (so it can’t rotate into the grill). I may relocate it again to under the hood, but it was too congested in the original location. I don’t have to open the hood since the values are already in the open or closed position.

My hope was someone here had found a better location they moved theirs, so I could emulate it.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not a bad no drill 1st attempt. Maybe try turning the bracket 180 degrees but still point the air outlet the same direction, bring it in. I'm waiting on a good kit or until I get my bumpers for a DIY install.

OP
OP
AaronCam0

AaronCam0

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not a bad no drill 1st attempt. Maybe try turning the bracket 180 degrees but still point the air outlet the same direction, bring it in. I'm waiting on a good kit or until I get my bumpers for a DIY install.
not a bad idea to rotate it 180 degrees, not sure why I didn’t think of that last night. That should keep the inlet within the bumper (not sticking out). I will look at this after work today.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I’m a little worried about it catching on something, which is why I added the second bolt (so it can’t rotate into the grill). I may relocate it again to under the hood, but it was too congested in the original location. I don’t have to open the hood since the values are already in the open or closed position.

My hope was someone here had found a better location they moved theirs, so I could emulate it.
I did this in back - you could potentially do similarly in the front since that end comes off. Also, could not tell if you had lights in the area below - if you only have a single light (or none) you could mount this in that space pointing forward (and flush to the front) so long as your cap was on the outlet.

Ford Bronco ARB air outlet relocation 45114D97-7F8C-469D-AC3F-26DD8B8F80F4

Last edited:
OP
OP
AaronCam0

AaronCam0

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did this in back - you could potentially do similarly in the front since that end comes off. Also, could not tell if you had lights in the area below - if you only have a single light (or none) you could mount this in that space pointing forward (and flush to the front) so long as your cap was on the outlet.

Ford Bronco ARB air outlet relocation 45114D97-7F8C-469D-AC3F-26DD8B8F80F4
I do have 3 fog lights in the Modular bumper. But I also like this idea, I was hoping the outlet would fit in one of the bolt holes, but sadly it does not. However, I think I can use smaller coupler from the hose to allow it to go though one of the bolt holes and then use another coupler that would allow me to connect the ABS one in the upward position… if that makes any sense…

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How often you expect to be using the onboard air to go to all of the trouble of putting it out there exposed and ugly like that?

OP
OP
AaronCam0

AaronCam0

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How often you expect to be using the onboard air to go to all of the trouble of putting it out there exposed and ugly like that?
I would like to think I’m going to use it all the time, but the reality is not that often. I’m reassessing where to locate it now.

I still want the access outside of the engine bay, because if I have to open the hood to access it anyway why did I waste one of the uplander switches on it. But sticking out where it is currently is clearly not the most practical solution.

das

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is where I put mine... I wired the upfitter to the last Aux switch so I could turn the compressor on/off from the passenger side with window open. I used a "Sherman cap" to hide it. And a dual light bracket (slightly modified with a hole drilled in it) to secure it.

Ford Bronco ARB air outlet relocation IMG_1750
Ford Bronco ARB air outlet relocation IMG_1749
Ford Bronco ARB air outlet relocation IMG_1748

Sponsored
OP
OP
AaronCam0

AaronCam0

Outer Banks
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is where I put mine... I wired the upfitter to the last Aux switch so I could turn the compressor on/off from the passenger side with window open. I used a "Sherman cap" to hide it. And a dual light bracket (slightly modified with a hole drilled in it) to secure it.

Oh, this I like!!! I ended up rotating mine so that it does not stick out anymore, but I'm still trying to find a better hidden spot... but this looks amazing!

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is super nice. Well done. I may be copying this idea from you.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to just raise the hood until I saw your setup. That will be perfect.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model