Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was never interested in an ARB mount until this thread.

So much fun learning about patents and brackets.
Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I read this thread with amusement, exciting at first - now not so much. I doubt there is patent app pending. But I totally understand that 4x4 does not want anyone ripping off his designs (and I do not believe the OP was). The OP appears to have been just trying to help out the community, like so many others on here. A bit of an over reaction by 4x4. He probably lost more sales from the reaction that if the design was posted. But like I said, I understand being protective of the IP.
This.

I get being defensive if someone copied a product you designed and produced, especially if it truly were unique and innovative.. It's just a bracket that serves the same purpose that doesn't even really look the same.

I was never interested in an ARB mount until this thread.

So much fun learning about patents and brackets.
I learned a lot about patents and what vendors not to use in the future.

His reaction came across very unprofessional. He could have informed OP in a far more professional manner about how he was feeling about his similar product.. but starting right off with threats of suing over a flat bracket with some holes in it that isn't even in production for a customer base...

Left a bad taste in my mouth and now I am uninterested in using this vendor in the future. Coming from a designer who is aware of how easy it is for others to try to steal your artwork/designs, etc... but have some faith in your own product - let it speak for itself.

FZ4

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak SAS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If 4x4TruckLEDs is looking to turn people away from his business … then well done. You’re not that special bud.
No ones trying to capitalize on your patent, just a cool guy sharing ideas. Take the lawsuit threats elsewhere.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As one of the resident lawyers on here I'll just make the following comment:

A good amount of the posts on this thread here (on both sides) would be infringing on.....if such a thing existed.....a patent on sharing "bad legal takes".......

Or....put another way a good amount of the comments on this thread make my eyes bleed....if I could hear them, they are akin to fingernails on a chalk board, or, more apt to this forum, folks who might think the Bronco Sport is a real Bronco...it's just a different trim, ya know.

On a serious note: I'm jealous of OP's abilities to make his own thing. Very well done. On the level, square, plumb, looks like it has nice right angles, horizontals, and perpendiculars.

I'm also grateful for companies like 4x4 that take the time and invest the money to bring to market products that all of us can, if we chose, purchase to get a little more enjoyment out of our Broncos. They deserve to reap the profits of their investments and risks.

Ok...that is all...carry on!

dclark127

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, just wow. I posted a few weeks back about a non-expensive light bar and 4x4blahblah replied, in my opinion, like a jerk.

Why bother replying AT ALL if you're in the business of selling things on here. Look how many people WON'T buy from you now.

Some people just don't want to spend $$ on things they can make themselves or on things they won't use much. It doesn't mean they can't, they just don't want to. How many people would actually download the OP's file and make a steel bracket? Likely, very few....

This thread 1000000000% confirmed I WILL NOT EVER spend any money at 4x4blahblah.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.