First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm looking to install an ARB compressor and have a question on the wiring. Full disclosure, my experience with electrical includes replacing batteries in a remote.

I have watched every video that I can get my hands on re: wiring an ARB compressor regardless of whether it's in a Bronco, Jeep, Taco, whatever and they all seem to either:
1) Install with the supplied harnesses and have miles of extra looms, solenoid connections, etc.;
2) Make a custom job with wiring everywhere; or
3) Do a very nice and tidy job but skip over important steps / instructions that a newb need.

After looking at the wiring diagram and picking pieces from the YouTube videos, I THINK that I have a solution that meets the criteria of having a very clean install and eliminating all the extra wiring for front + rear lockers. But, any input would be appreciated. My thoughts are:
a) I can cut the 'Supply' loom shortly after the harness that connects directly to the compressor, so that I am just left with two wires: BLK and PUR on the diagram.
b) I can then cut the 'Isolation Switch" loom just past the RED-YEL inline diode. From the Isolation Switch loom, I will keep the BLK, RED and RED YEL wires
c) Using a butt connector, bring the two BLK wires together
d) Using a butt connector, bring the PUR and RED wires together
e) Tie the RED-YEL into my fuse box using an 'add a fuse'
d) Connect all three wires to terminals #3 (RED), #2 (RED-YEL), and #8 (BLK) on the ARB provided isolation switch.

In the diagram below, anything in the red box would be cut and excluded. The black, purple and yellow lines show what's left. To note, there will now only be ONE black ground, is that going to be a problem? Do I need two grounds, one on each of the #7, and #8 terminals? If so, is there a way to bridge them from one wire to get the same affect? ANY ADVICE IS REALLY APPRECIATED!

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Wiring ARB Compressor Modified Wirin
Sponsored

OP
OP

Velocity00

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wiring it to the ARB supplied switch. Unfortunately, don't have the AUX on my Bronco.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wiring it to the ARB supplied switch. Unfortunately, don't have the AUX on my Bronco.
Gotcha. I think you were on the right track, but just to clean up the diagram a bit...

Obviously if you don't need the full length of the wire harness you can cut out that Plug-In Fitting where the two wiring harnesses connect together and wire the switch directly to the Black and Purple.

EDIT: Removed the ground I added, you don't need it cause it's pulling the ground from the power harness that is running to the battery.

Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Wiring 1686846596495

Last edited:

Yikes!

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is the diagram I used! I also used the arb switch but only two wires for the actual switch. I did not need to tie it to the ignition or lights.
Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Wiring 09D028EE-981D-45C5-8D60-6874FFF54887

OP
OP

Velocity00

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX Sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here is the diagram I used! I also used the arb switch but only two wires for the actual switch. I did not need to tie it to the ignition or lights.
Ford Bronco ARB Compressor Wiring 09D028EE-981D-45C5-8D60-6874FFF54887
That really simplifies it even more! Just need to be mindful of turning the compressor off, which I'm not overly concerned about. Thank you for sharing. I REALLY like that you don't have to tap into the fuse box and leave the cover awkwardly rigged back on.
Sponsored