Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A tip for grapping powe from the fuse block instead of a fuse tap. ford gave us locations to pull ignition power and constant with an additional pin out in the fuse block. you can order PN DU2Z-14474-DA for the pin.

I would use the run/start spot

Ford Bronco Help needed with wiring an ARB button to the twin compressor 1668544072021
Sponsored

OP
OP
evgenyvasenev

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A tip for grapping powe from the fuse block instead of a fuse tap. ford gave us locations to pull ignition power and constant with an additional pin out in the fuse block. you can order PN DU2Z-14474-DA for the pin.

I would use the run/start spot

Ford Bronco Help needed with wiring an ARB button to the twin compressor 1668544072021
Thanks, what is the benefit of doing that? Like more official way or tapping a fuse is not a great way to do it in general?

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, what is the benefit of doing that? Like more official way or tapping a fuse is not a great way to do it in general?
Just a cleaner way to do it and utilizes what the factory designed for accessories.

I am always looking for ways to make my wiring better.

OP
OP
evgenyvasenev

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need some advice. I wired everything and everything was fine for a few days but today I figured out I can turn on the button any time even if the ignition is off. So I checked the port and it's under power all the time. I moved the fuse tap to a different port and everything is fine, but the USB port is now under power all the time. What should I do? What did I do wrong?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need some advice. I wired everything and everything was fine for a few days but today I figured out I can turn on the button any time even if the ignition is off. So I checked the port and it's under power all the time. I moved the fuse tap to a different port and everything is fine, but the USB port is now under power all the time. What should I do? What did I do wrong?
Is it possible the circuit you are on is one of the ones that has the time-out so that it may initially appear it's always-on power but after some period of time (I forget how much, it's been discussed elsewhere) the power is cut off?

Sponsored
OP
OP
evgenyvasenev

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it possible the circuit you are on is one of the ones that has the time-out so that it may initially appear it's always-on power but after some period of time (I forget how much, it's been discussed elsewhere) the power is cut off?
Yes, you are right. But I am not sure. OR the timer is really big, like 30 min or more (I am still trying to figure it out) OR something resets it (like opening a door, or something else) OR I did something wrong. Anyway probably I should move it to other spot.

OP
OP
evgenyvasenev

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks a lot everyone for help. Here is the result :) Probably I will move the tap to the 360 camera slot.

Ford Bronco Help needed with wiring an ARB button to the twin compressor IMG_1621

Ford Bronco Help needed with wiring an ARB button to the twin compressor IMG_1622

Ford Bronco Help needed with wiring an ARB button to the twin compressor IMG_1623

Ford Bronco Help needed with wiring an ARB button to the twin compressor IMG_1624

Ford Bronco Help needed with wiring an ARB button to the twin compressor IMG_1625

Ford Bronco Help needed with wiring an ARB button to the twin compressor IMG_1626

Ford Bronco Help needed with wiring an ARB button to the twin compressor IMG_1628

OP
OP
evgenyvasenev

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure why, but today everything acts as expected. No delays. Yesterday probably was a bad day. I will keep an eye on it and see.

OP
OP
evgenyvasenev

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's happening again :D Not sure what is going on, will try to find any logic :)

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So glad to find this thread. Yesterday I mounted my compressor under the hood and then I looked at the wiring, gave up, went inside, and had a drink. :ROFLMAO:

I think I'll be able to get it sorted now.

I do have a question though. I noticed the OP mounted his compressor with the wiring of the compressor on the driver side and another poster here had a pic of his compressor with the wiring on the passenger side. Completely a matter of preference? Or should it be done one way and not the other?

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally had a chance to do this today. Got it all wired up… and nothing. :(

I’m inside cooling off and reading and trying to figure what I did wrong.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok, nearly started an electrical fire under the hood. Time to quit… (glad I noticed the little wisps of smoke!)

Ford Bronco Help needed with wiring an ARB button to the twin compressor IMG_8033

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, nearly started an electrical fire under the hood. Time to quit… (glad I noticed the little wisps of smoke!)

IMG_8033.jpeg
There is a purple wire and a black wire in that loom that goes to the isolation switch. If I remember correctly, that's all you need. The rest of that harness that is connected to that is unused unless you're installing a manifold and/or ARB lockers..Give me time to get home and I'll take a look.

Last edited:

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I went back in this thread and realized I didn't tell you anything new above. So, my question is how do you have it currently wired? Maybe if you explained your setup someone can help. I recall the wiring being very simple, so hopefully an easy fix.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I went back in this thread and realized I didn't tell you anything new above. So, my question is how do you have it currently wired? Maybe if you explained your setup someone can help. I recall the wiring being very simple, so hopefully an easy fix.
Ford Bronco Help needed with wiring an ARB button to the twin compressor IMG_8044

No worries.

I did the 3 wire setup to the switch just like in one of the videos posted earlier on this thread. Here’s a sketch.
Sponsored