Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Overall I am not super impressed, money wise I paid $300 to I am keeping them. They stick out and are not a step, really bad design for safety. Step on them and land on your ass, I tested them... I plan to weld some steel on to make real steps and bought these as a base to modify.

The other issue the sliders mount to close the door if you don't have a body lift. If they bend up they can contact the door, I would say for hard use they should have slight more gap. They also stick out a bit from the body, I like it but most will think it's a bit ugly.

Ford Bronco ARB Slider install notes PXL_20231210_224655940

What I like is they are frame mounted and fairly easy to install compared to other Bronco products.

Issues, passenger side(drive side no issue as no fuel tank)rear mount needs to be moved back an 1" and you will have zero issues. Otherwise the u bolt is right in the way of the fuel tank skid. I plan to hammer it down because I wheel and will smash it anyways.

How I got the u bolt in
Ford Bronco ARB Slider install notes PXL_20231210_204420638

How it looked before tightening
Ford Bronco ARB Slider install notes PXL_20231210_205831358

Final, I rather hammer the metal to fit.
Ford Bronco ARB Slider install notes PXL_20231210_211514749

Not sure wtf this thing is for, going to cut it off.

Ford Bronco ARB Slider install notes PXL_20231210_224640239

Some random fit pictures

Ford Bronco ARB Slider install notes PXL_20231210_224623802
Ford Bronco ARB Slider install notes PXL_20231210_224631229
Ford Bronco ARB Slider install notes PXL_20231210_224634916
Sponsored

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have a video of you landing on your ass? šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜

Honest review, like it. šŸ‘

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I finally got by Ace Hardware for nuts.

Everything lines up just right
PXL_20231216_202203645.jpg

PXL_20231216_202208094.jpg

How you get bolts in
PXL_20231216_202415008.jpg

The correct nuts so you don't have to buy specialty 18mm wrench
PXL_20231216_202600934.jpg

What it looks like with bolts
PXL_20231216_202736123.jpg

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any chance with some proper grip tape applied to that top area of the slider it would function a little better as a step? Still havenā€™t even busted mine out of their blister packaging to check them out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@PEGB
I am going to weld something on, they are a solid 45 degree angle on top. Need to make a trip to the metal warehouse when I get a chance and see what I choose. Just need to get past the holidays!

Grip tape won't help...

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright @Snacktime. Youā€™re a better mechanic than me I guess. How the hell did you get the nutsticks where they need to be?? The holes they recommend arenā€™t big enough for the nutsticks to go through, and for some reason I couldnā€™t get to where I needed to be through the others. Christ on a cracker lol. Not to mention getting at the top nut on the u-bolt. Damn thatā€™s a shit spot. I havenā€™t even gotten to the passenger side mess yet. Had to call it quits for the night before I started throwing things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright @Snacktime. Youā€™re a better mechanic than me I guess. How the hell did you get the nutsticks where they need to be?? The holes they recommend arenā€™t big enough for the nutsticks to go through, and for some reason I couldnā€™t get to where I needed to be through the others. Christ on a cracker lol. Not to mention getting at the top nut on the u-bolt. Damn thatā€™s a shit spot. I havenā€™t even gotten to the passenger side mess yet. Had to call it quits for the night before I started throwing things.
You have to use different holes then what the instructions say. Loosely (like leave a 1/2" gap) bolt everything up and pre bend your sticks. The side bolts took me 5 minutes each. Small secret is stick a screwdriver in the hole to help fish the nut into place(also can bend tweak the nut inside the frame). Hardest part for me was the u bolts since I didn't have a helper.

I have 10+ years of being a controls electrician, I have some trade secrets.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to use different holes then what the instructions say. Loosely (like leave a 1/2" gap) bolt everything up and pre bend your sticks. The side bolts took me 5 minutes each. Small secret is stick a screwdriver in the hole to help fish the nut into place(also can bend tweak the nut inside the frame). Hardest part for me was the u bolts since I didn't have a helper.

I have 10+ years of being a controls electrician, I have some trade secrets.
I donā€™t know what I was doing wrong. I tried different holes but the nut wasnā€™t finding its way. Itā€™s like the frame has different channels inside It. I was in a mood when I started, probably the biggest problem. Iā€™ll re-attempt tonight. Worst case scenario Iā€™ll get the inspection camera out and run it inside to figure out what Iā€™m hitting. Thanks for the screw driver tip. I was trying to use the bolt as a feeler. Next hassle will be that top nut on the Ubolt. Iā€™ve got a bunch of tools, but not sure what I need to get at that PITA. Itā€™s easy enough to get to, but no room for any swing. Part of it is fighting with the wire loom in the area also. Iā€™ll get it. Just have to adjust my mindset :). And then on to the passenger side.

Oh, one more thing, they say thereā€™s a need for two nut-sticks in that step, and to use a third if the ā€œbottomā€ hole isnā€™t threaded. I canā€™t figure out where the second nut-stick is intended to go? Itā€™s like there was an original design, then a revision, and no one circled back to adjust the instructions. Just sloppy engineering.

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@PEGB
I used a gearwrench on that top u-bolt but I have a 1/2" body lift! Might take a while with an open wrench!
Ah ha! That explains that, and some of your pictures showing what appears to be copious amounts of room lol. Well, that part of the puzzle solved. Thanks as always for the replyā€™s and tips. Iā€™ll get it come hell or high water. šŸ‘
Sponsored