Sponsored

Are y’all going to try to negotiate with the dealer at ordering?

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a few questions and concerns and was wondering if we could start a thread on how is everyone planning to sit down with the dealer: (sorry if this was covered somewhere else)
1. Is there any negotiation possible on pricing. I think not but I’m just checking.
2. Negotiations possible for extra warranty , personally I’ll go with 100k warranty.
3. Asking in writing for deposit to be refundable? U guys have an idea if this will work. If so what document would this be in.
4. I’m having second thoughts on Badlands model. The way I want it Wildtrack is cheaper. I reserved a Badlands. Are we allowed to order other trims without penalty?
5. Ordering other parts like; winch, tow hitch and roof racks separately because of weight issues. Should I order now or wait?
6. Is there any negotiations possible when u take ownership of the Bronco later this year? What paperwork are we supposed to get from the dealership when we place our orders.
7. I have heard a rumor that a dealer could offer you money for your Bronco when you take ownership of your vehicle and you possibly change your mind?
8. Is there any difference in the Bronco trim levels as far as Steel Frame, Brakes, Sasquatch suspension? I might go down in the trim: the 4dr Base with 2.7, 10 speed, SAS, and winch is far cheaper than the Badlands upgraded to the same level. I guess I don’t understand what is the difference besides exterior grill, lights, seat covers and such. I need to have money left for play time with the Bronco not buy the expensive model because it comes with a cool badge....

Thanks
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you have a lot of homework to do.

There are thousands of posts here that cover what you're asking.

Get cracking

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a few questions and concerns and was wondering if we could start a thread on how is everyone planning to sit down with the dealer: (sorry if this was covered somewhere else)
1. Is there any negotiation possible on pricing. I think not but I’m just checking.
2. Negotiations possible for extra warranty , personally I’ll go with 100k warranty.
3. Asking in writing for deposit to be refundable? U guys have an idea if this will work. If so what document would this be in.
4. I’m having second thoughts on Badlands model. The way I want it Wildtrack is cheaper. I reserved a Badlands. Are we allowed to order other trims without penalty?
5. Ordering other parts like; winch, tow hitch and roof racks separately because of weight issues. Should I order now or wait?
6. Is there any negotiations possible when u take ownership of the Bronco later this year? What paperwork are we supposed to get from the dealership when we place our orders.
7. I have heard a rumor that a dealer could offer you money for your Bronco when you take ownership of your vehicle and you possibly change your mind?
8. Is there any difference in the Bronco trim levels as far as Steel Frame, Brakes, Sasquatch suspension? I might go down in the trim: the 4dr Base with 2.7, 10 speed, SAS, and winch is far cheaper than the Badlands upgraded to the same level. I guess I don’t understand what is the difference besides exterior grill, lights, seat covers and such. I need to have money left for play time with the Bronco not buy the expensive model because it comes with a cool badge....

Thanks
1. It's possible. I negotiated my price before walking into the dealership. I got a pretty good discount, not 2000 below invoice, but better than X-Plan.

2. Warranties are hard to negotiate on because they are supplied by either the manufacturer or a third party. It's something you can ask about, your mileage may vary.

3. I have asked for, in writing, the agreed upon price and set a condition for ordering to leave a deposit. I have gotten both in writing. It's going to vary dealership to dealership, so beware the gap.

4. Yes, you can switch your trim level when you order.

5. That's entirely up to you. You can finance the parts if you order now. If you wait, you'll have to pay out of pocket. It's a financial decision only you can make.

6. No. Once you've placed your order you have a purchase agreement that includes all your fees. It's no longer negotiable. The only thing you can do at that point is walk away.

7. I've heard rumors that I'm the greatest lover that's ever lived. Could be true. Consider the source. To reiterate, dealerships are penalized for that sort of transaction and Ford will be able to track it easily.

8. Steel Frame, no. Brakes, not likely. Sasquatch suspension is the same no matter what trim you put it on. It's a package deal. To see the differences in the trims, just go to Ford.com and look at the build and price tool. You can see detailed information there.

What I'm curious about is your question on a deposit. You're placing an order for a vehicle. Every time I've made a vehicle order I've paid a conditional deposit. I don't see why it's any different with the Bronco. Do you expect dealerships to carry all the risk on your order? That seems a little unreasonable.

Pay the deposit, buy the car, live the dream.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing I want to say here is that:

#1. Not only is it possible to negotiate price at order... you absolutely positively should. 100%. Tell the dealer your order and they should show you the sheet with your exact order and how much it will cost.

Find out now what their documentation fees are, consider taxes you’ll pay (either through the dealer or separately), and discuss “mandatory” add ons the dealer provides (hint: they’re not mandatory)

Only once you agree on the price should you place your order.

If your dealer says they won’t know the final price until delivery, what they’re actually saying is that they won’t know how much they can get away marking it up until delivery (or don’t want to tell you they are marking it up until then). They absolutely know the price. If you don’t settle it at order, your only options will be to pay whatever they are asking or walkaway at delivery.

The *only* complicating factor would be if your order gets rolled into MY22 and there is a cost increase... but if that happens you’ll submit a new order with your dealer and you’ll do all this again. Either way you shouldn’t be paying at delivery.

If your dealer digs their heels in, take your reservation (and the allocation that goes with it) to another dealer. Still time to switch.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good thing you waited till the night before to ask all these questions.

OP
OP
Djdmustang

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What he said! Do some research!!!!!
I have done some research; while there is a lot of information here, the info and responses vary to some degree, wish everything was crystal clear. I was just asking for clarification. Thanks.

pandanoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 250, MBZ, 2500 Dodge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing I want to say here is that:

#1. Not only is it possible to negotiate price at order... you absolutely positively should. 100%. Tell the dealer your order and they should show you the sheet with your exact order and how much it will cost.

Find out now what their documentation fees are, consider taxes you’ll pay (either through the dealer or separately), and discuss “mandatory” add ons the dealer provides (hint: they’re not mandatory)

Only once you agree on the price should you place your order.

If your dealer says they won’t know the final price until delivery, what they’re actually saying is that they won’t know how much they can get away marking it up until delivery (or don’t want to tell you they are marking it up until then). They absolutely know the price. If you don’t settle it at order, your only options will be to pay whatever they are asking or walkaway at delivery.

The *only* complicating factor would be if your order gets rolled into MY22 and there is a cost increase... but if that happens you’ll submit a new order with your dealer and you’ll do all this again. Either way you shouldn’t be paying at delivery.

If your dealer digs their heels in, take your reservation (and the allocation that goes with it) to another dealer. Still time to switch.
Have an order appointment tomorrow. How long do we have time to switch? I read different dates. The salesman I like is sick with covid and don't care too much for the guy they put in his place.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll be starting with: how many reservations do you have? How many allocations? Where am I? If they refuse to answer those, I'm heading to my backup dealer who already has.

Only then will I ask "So how have you guys decided to price these?" That's the harmless way...if it's over MSRP, I'm out to the backup dealer.

Then, maybe we'll talk ESP since that's usually done on delivery with financing....

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have an order appointment tomorrow. How long do we have time to switch? I read different dates. The salesman I like is sick with covid and don't care too much for the guy they put in his place.
March 19 I believe. Plenty of time.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have done some research; while there is a lot of information here, the info and responses vary to some degree, wish everything was crystal clear. I was just asking for clarification. Thanks.
Hopefully you didn't miss my post where I answered all the questions you asked. :cool:

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Squatch I actually laughed out loud from your :love:. You know what's up. :ROFLMAO:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I have to keep seeing this thread on my "leisure minute" I may as well say that this illustrates one of the reasons why I can "never go home again" to SoCal. It's turned into NYC 2 Egoistic [reported to admins/mods].
Sponsored