Sponsored

Are you concerned about fuel going WAY out there? I installed Motobilt's 20L, Wavian Jerry can holder

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I can't imagine what a 2 door, 2.7L V6 Bronco is like, loaded up and aired down, slow crawling across the boonies for fuel range...
My 2.3L gives me enough cause for concern....
So I decided to do something about it!
Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is a real answer. Prepare all you can - But count on surprises. Food, shelter, water.
Extra fuel is a always a great addition in the outback.
If you like to travel solo (and I do)...A breakdown is the game changer, could be my last mistake. Important to let someone you can rely on- know your time schedule and basic route. Paper maps are important if you break down , likely all our fancy tech will let us down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
That is a real answer. Prepare all you can - But count on surprises. Food, shelter, water.
Extra fuel is a always a great addition in the outback.
I'd even wager fuel is more important than water...
If you run outta water, your vacation is over. If you run outta gas, you could freeze to death, be looking at a perilous multi-day hike out putting you at the mercy of the wildlife and elements...
🤷
But... You also don't wanna run outta water 🤣

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm holding out for those fuel tanks that fit between the spare and the swing gate. My buddy's JL has an 11 gallon tank there. I know people on this forum have a hard-on for jerry cans.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you going solo, as I do, please get a satellite communicator. Not that expensive. Works when your cell phone won’t (which are the places I want to go!!).

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I'm holding out for those fuel tanks that fit between the spare and the swing gate. My buddy's JL has an 11 gallon tank there. I know people on this forum have a hard-on for jerry cans.
I've seen the Jeep version of this. Very nice solution. You just need one of those 'jerk and squirt' siphon hoses đź‘Ť

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Awesome advice...
I go solo most times too.
Which communicator do you ride with?
Subscription fees?
Can you pause the service when you're not travelling?

For those of you going solo, as I do, please get a satellite communicator. Not that expensive. Works when your cell phone won’t (which are the places I want to go!!).

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome advice...
I go solo most times too.
Which communicator do you ride with?
Subscription fees?
Can you pause the service when you're not travelling?
I have been using a Garmin InReach Mini for around 10 years now. I first used it for solo backpacking (at age 67 through 71), And used it offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. Now there are a few Garmin options and several others in the game.

Cost for the device was around $350 (REĂŤ has rebates occasionally). My monthly subscription is around $35 which gives you unlimited tracking @ 10 minute intervals (the tracking shows your position on a semi-public internet page), provides unlimited preset messages and 40 256 character text messages/month. After 40 texts, additional texts are something like $.50. Monthly service can be suspended at any time and reinstated at any time without additional charges. All administration is done from an internet page.
When you’re in the middle of nowhere I don’t give a crap about extra text costs. I do wish you could send photos however.

I was extremely disappointed the first time I used it. However, since then it has worked very well. The instructions say: “TEST YOUR DEVICE BEFORE YOU GO”, could be this puts you in a active cue. Now I follow that advice to the letter.

It interfaces with the iPhone for texting (and maps), so texting is very easy. When you are in a remote area, texts and responses take anywhere from a minute or so to maybe 10 minutes.

Also has an interactive SOS feature.

Check out the many U-Tube videos.
Ford Bronco Are you concerned about fuel going WAY out there? I installed Motobilt's 20L, Wavian Jerry can holder F09936F4-8A95-4057-B684-66621EF0353F

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not really, I drive past exactly 6 gas stations on my 25 minute drive to work.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was thinking if you had an overland trailer it would be cool to set it up with a 50 gallon or so slip tank with pump.
Sponsored