First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have searched and searched, but can't find a recent thread on this exact solution. It was a nice mount that fit between the spare and the tailgate hinges.

There is a video walk-around by a manufacturer that shows the soon-to-be released mount. I believe it was by Rough Country and from what I recall, it will mount to their Tailgate Reinforcement.
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't find the link right now, but there is a company that makes a spare gas tank that mounts behind the spare tire on the back, it's black and blends in nicely. If I feel I need to bring extra gas with me, that's what I'd be getting.
RTR Vehicles had one on their Bronco. I have sent an email and they said a “late fall release”. I will see RTR at an upcoming event and will inquire.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have searched and searched, but can't find a recent thread on this exact solution. It was a nice mount that fit between the spare and the tailgate hinges.

There is a video walk-around by a manufacturer that shows the soon-to-be released mount. I believe it was by Rough Country and from what I recall, it will mount to their Tailgate Reinforcement.
I've been eyeing that tailgate reinforcement, looks like a good starting point for mounting things, fuel, hi lift, shovel etc. I'll be interested in seeing what they come up with. I've also looked at their fold down table, could strap an army shovel, tow strap and first aid kit there.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been eyeing that tailgate reinforcement, looks like a good starting point for mounting things, fuel, hi lift, shovel etc. I'll be interested in seeing what they come up with. I've also looked at their fold down table, could strap an army shovel, tow strap and first aid kit there.
Oops! Just found a picture of the mount on RTRparts.com, which in turn led me to their walk-around video. This video shows the tailgate mods around the 1:00 mark:

Guess I was wrong about the rough country tailgate reinforcement, but it looks like they could work together.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes, that's the one I saw, thanks! I like this idea, take it off when not wheeling too, I don't want "rally things" hanging on my rig all year long, only when I need it.
Only question is weight, with the sashquatch wheel hanging back there, plus the fuel, will the rear gate hold up?

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if that only sits on top of the spare, that's a lot of extra weight to carry for the rear gate and spare mount, I'd hesitate to add that much. At least I'd want something that also goes into the hitch for added support - or only on the hitch, like the yakima modular setup.
you have a link for the yakima? As for the American Adventure solution, I'm pretty sure they looked at the weight, but I understand your concern.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yes, that's the one I saw, thanks! I like this idea, take it off when not wheeling too, I don't want "rally things" hanging on my rig all year long, only when I need it.
Only question is weight, with the sashquatch wheel hanging back there, plus the fuel, will the rear gate hold up?
Dunno, but it does have a molded "hole" in the center. Looks like that was for the mounts, etc. But would allow pass through for the camera "Hub" on the rear spare mount.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone posted that the weigh tbearing capacity of the tailgate is 133 pounds. Above post says perhaps more.
With an after market tire it will be easy to get north of 100 pounds with just a spare.
I'm watching these posts to hopfully find a good solution for 5 gallons

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone posted that the weigh tbearing capacity of the tailgate is 133 pounds. Above post says perhaps more.
With an after market tire it will be easy to get north of 100 pounds with just a spare.
I'm watching these posts to hopfully find a good solution for 5 gallons
Yep, it's on page 13 of the Bronco Equipment Installation Guide ;)

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I appreciate this. I found the Bronco Equipment Installation Guide on line.
133 pound max weight on the tailgate does not leave much extra capacity for Ssquatched models. Much better to find this out online than in the field!

PS: how did you know their was an Equipment Installation Guide? Are there other resources?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate this. I found the Bronco Equipment Installation Guide on line.
133 pound max weight on the tailgate does not leave much extra capacity for Ssquatched models. Much better to find this out online than in the field!

PS: how did you know their was an Equipment Installation Guide? Are there other resources?
I probably found it on this site. There are all kinds of interesting things scattered about.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
uhhh ummmm before someone else points it out to me the Guide is a Sticky from October.
It is in General Bronco.
Sponsored