First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While this looks dope, I’ll be opting to fab up a MaxTrax mount for the hinge instead of a Jerry setup for the weight reason. Mounting a single Rotopax on each side of the MIC using TrailRax, or similar, will be the call IMO. When you don’t need the extended fuel range, a water
Nothing to comment about your post, but did you steal my dog?!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rex21c

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if the jerrycan mount is on it's own setup and not putting it's full weight to the tailgate itself, it's defiantly hooked onto the hinge.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the jerrycan mount is on it's own setup and not putting it's full weight to the tailgate itself, it's defiantly hooked onto the hinge.
The hinge is the limiting factor ;)

Broncadonk MKG

Black Diamond
First Name
Mikayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While this looks dope, I’ll be opting to fab up a MaxTrax mount for the hinge instead of a Jerry setup for the weight reason. Mounting a single Rotopax on each side of the MIC using TrailRax, or similar, will be the call IMO. When you don’t need the extended fuel range, a water
To be fair, (and I’m biased because I hate RPX and want to avoid them as long as possible), Waivian and other companies make 2.5 gal can options that would fit any base mount for a standard can.
Call me lame but I will never buy a RPX system when you can get a steel American-made jerry from any farm store with the same warranty for $20. I’m not going to spend $300 for a setup that will ultimately degrade, warp, get UV damage, and spring leaks within a few months to a few years time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the same lug pattern as 4Runners, I might get the spare tire fuel tank mod along with some hinge reinforcement… seeing what shakes out first…

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What keeps that mount from crushing the Right Rear tail light?
good question. Certainly seems to defeat the option to open more than 90 degree on the Bronco. I like that option.
I'd go for the extra tank that mounts behind the spare tire instead, if I need to bring extra gas. But from the photo, it's hard to imagine even opening 90 degree, maybe that cutout is custom made to fit the light?
I'm not limiting how far I can open that rear door though, so this is a no go for me. Mounting it on the other side will put even more strain on the hinges with full cans. Interesting idea, but I'd like to see this used on trails in real life.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlander607

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JCR makes a sweet rear bumper system that takes the spare off the tailgate and adds a water/fuel can swing away, bumper mounted storage system... pricey, as all new Bronco parts are..

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6RV.html

They also make an OE ford modular steel front bumper winch carrier... which bumper do I do first??? Lol

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JCR makes a sweet rear bumper system that takes the spare off the tailgate and adds a water/fuel can swing away, bumper mounted storage system... pricey, as all new Bronco parts are..

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6RV.html

They also make an OE ford modular steel front bumper winch carrier... which bumper do I do first??? Lol
It's over $3,000 for that sweet bumper if you want the configuration in your link.

Badlander607

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, ikr... but all the quality American made bumpers/systems I've found are at least 2k... im thinking of just getting the 58.00 gerry can holder from extremeterrain.com, and just ratchet strapping that around the spare, to the passenger side of the spare...

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, ikr... but all the quality American made bumpers/systems I've found are at least 2k... im thinking of just getting the 58.00 gerry can holder from extremeterrain.com, and just ratchet strapping that around the spare, to the passenger side of the spare...
Before you do that, RTR has designed a nice one you might want to check out. They just don't have them in stock yet.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any other spare tire mounting options anyone here can recommend other than ROTO? I need to pull the trigger and get something before camping season starts here. Basically now. Thanks.

Badlander607

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ratchet strap a Jerry can holder to the passenger side of the spare, straps around the circumference of the tire?
Sponsored