Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I enjoyed reading something about Ford that was from a positive perspective. Sometimes the complaints overpower just how cool it is that the Bronco is back. The waiting hasn't made it easy, but this article has refreshed my interest after the latest Build & Price fiasco.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice article. I agree someone with car enthusiast vision to lead a car company is a much needed thing in the world of numbers-focused CEOs.
So many leaders get positions based on their professional resume and experience, and less focus is placed on practical knowledge and ability to make the tactical decisions needed to run said businesses.
As a manager I rely on my front-line supervisors and lead technicians to make the majority of the "rubber meets the road" decisions. But I am heavily involved in planning, scheduling, training, and do all of the job interviews myself. I do not come from a college-educated managerial background. Mine is all hands-on progression and hard work, and some luck mixed in there.
It is easy to remember back on my manufacturing life and remember the people who lead me that were both a positive influence and a negative one.
I've answered to men who had the "degree" required to be supervision, but those degrees ranged from culinary arts to early child education, none of which applied to real manufacturing, leading people, or being a good coach. And they were all horrible bosses. Not necessarily horrible people, just horrible at knowing what it took to keep the gears meshing and dealing with the personalities.
All that to say I am optimistic Farley will bring some of that knowledge and passion back, much like the visionaries (either good or bad) of the golden years like Shelby, Iacocca, Delorean, Callum. Sometimes it takes someone in charge of the decisions who is excited and involved in more than crunching numbers and looking at charts.
And it just might end up being good for stockholders in addition to the gearheads who want functionality mixed with something that stands out in the sea of Chevy Traverse, Toyota Corolla, and Honda CRV looking vehicles.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™d argue fewer care, particularly about the Mach-E. Using the Mustang name to promote that monstrosity has greatly offended Mustang owners.
There was a decent amount of buzz at the auto show I attended about the Mach-e.

My wife really liked it and I could see us getting one in 2025 or later to park next to my Bronco.

Nice find.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PittShawn

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My wife really liked it and I could see us getting one in 2025 or later to park next to my Bronco.

Nice find.
Agree on the Mach-E. A less expensive version of the Audi etron sportback, and I like the styling of the Mach-E better.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a great article. I like the look of the Mach E, not sure if it should be called Mustang but in the end it doesn't change a thing about how the car operates. I will definitely take one for a test drive once they are available. I will take a Bronco Sport for a test drive too, maybe even this weekend.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is it weird that I'm annoyed that the Freep doesn't know Ford already had an all-electric car? They don't remember the Focus Electric? We sold a boatload of those.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice find.
You say buzz, I say controversy. Ford had to leach off the Mustangā€™s name/success or that EV would be viewed as DOA.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, they're naming two vehicles the same as two entirely different vehicles to rig the emissions and mpg calculations to meet government regulations?

Officer, this isn't a bazooka. It's the Remington all-electric Bazook-A shaver.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think Ford is doing a great job with its new designs and technology. Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mach E and F150 all look great and the ones getting reviews seem to be getting really good reviews. I think the Mach E being a Mustang was a really smart move. If it didnā€™t look like a Mustang and wasnā€™t called a Mustang, it would be just another EV in many peopleā€™s eyes (mine included).

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is it weird that I'm annoyed that the Freep doesn't know Ford already had an all-electric car? They don't remember the Focus Electric? We sold a boatload of those.
Donā€™t forget the Ranger EV!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great article, thanks. Local dealer got a Bronco Sport in, wife liked it. May not mean much, but she wanted an Xterra just because when it was going down the road, everybody knew what it was. Same with the Sport. The rest of the crossovers all look the same. Have to look at the name badge to see who made it. So it's not just another crappy crossover, and it's actual 4WD as opposed to AWD. I've come around to be willing to do a hybrid, but all electric where I live is not practical...

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im a hardcore carb and big block guy, but I do respect the Mach E. it basically has everything to please a lot of demographics. You got those crazy family people that want space for booster seats, its got that, you got people that just want a car based on looks, its got that, and then you got the rich hippies that want EV, check. But also I think it is a good way to introduce mainstream hotrodders to EVs(they've been doing it for almost 40 years now and are very fast) using the mustang name. I gurantee you that less than a year after the first MachE into 10s in the quarter Ford will announce an upcoming 2 door high performance Mustang EV.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You say buzz, I say controversy. Ford had to leach off the Mustangā€™s name/success or that EV would be viewed as DOA.
I bet it didn't. If they just called if the Ford Mach-E and didn't use the word Mustang (which I forgot it was even called a Mustang until I read the article), I bet it would have been well received.

Ford didn't believe in the project (their mistake). Electric cars are a growing market.

While the original design may not have been great, by imagining it as a 'mustang' may have helped the redesign. Like I said, there were a number of people who liked it.

I thought it was decent - I just don't like the giant phone they stuck in the center.
Sponsored