First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang/ fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi everyone, not my first time posting about August reservation holders. However, every post I have seen has been about July reservation holders with scheduling dates this past month, September, and October. Now it appears that only FE’s will have priority in October. Is it possible that August reservation holders won’t be scheduled until next year? Btw: BD 4DR 2.3L , Soft top, Non-sas and standard equipment package. August 14, 2020 Reservation time stamp.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi everyone, not my first time posting about August reservation holders. However, every post I have seen has been about July reservation holders with scheduling dates this past month, September, and October. Now it appears that only FE’s will have priority in October. Is it possible that August reservation holders won’t be scheduled until next year? Btw: BD 4DR 2.3L , Soft top, Non-sas and standard equipment package. August 14, 2020 Reservation time stamp.
There is a decent chance you will still be schedualed this year.

In the grand scheme of things there simply are not that many soft top orders. Even after many people switched, it's still only around 12% of orders.

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You got a 4door soft top. Hang in there. You may still get scheduled.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservation or order? My August 2020 reservation was designated by Ford to be a MY 22, and told me I should wait until then to order. I saw no value in placing an order for a vehicle that would have different options ,models for the following year. If I take delivery of a personally ordered Bronco by this time next year I will be amazed. I am not altering my potential order unless Ford discontinues any of the options or color I want. Of course then I have no choice.

Nemo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

August 22nd here. Still hoping for news soon but more bent everyday.

4d Big Bend. 2.7L soft top squach

Sponsored

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read every ' "Date" Email Received" thread and look at reservation dates. Last week I saw plenty of August/Sep/Oct/Dec/Jan and even 2021 reservations. The limiting factor seemed only to be that 1-SOFT TOP (of course), and 2-lower trims = further out reservations getting scheduled.

Read all of the email received threads when they come out on Thursday. You'll see-

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The FEs will get scheduled. Will Webasto’s MIC 2.0 be produced well enough to meet the FE demand? Regardless ford will continue to crank out soft tops.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The FEs will get scheduled. Will Webasto’s MIC 2.0 be produced well enough to meet the FE demand? Regardless ford will continue to crank out soft tops.
Ford will get the FE vehicles out, I suspect a large number will get new V2 tops when they get them sorted out sometime next year. They can mix and match the bad tops from dirt mountain if needed and protect them from the elements

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

August 22nd here. Still hoping for news soon but more bent everyday.

4d Big Bend. 2.7L soft top squach
Hello fellow 8/22/20 res-er! I’m a similar build w a bd soft squatch 2.7 mid tow. Here’s to hoping we both get picked for scheduling this week, or at least get my21’s 🤞🏻

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a decent chance you will still be schedualed this year.

In the grand scheme of things there simply are not that many soft top orders. Even after many people switched, it's still only around 12% of orders.
How do you know that?

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm an August 9th, 2020 reservation, ordered 16th of March 2021, I saw a 8/8 res get a VIN the week of the 23rd. If you're a soft top order without constraints, you only have earlier reservation holders with buildable configurations at your dealer ahead of you in line. My dealer refuses to tell me their allocation for MY21 or my position in that line, so I'm flying completely blind at this point. I'm with a small, rural dealer with an empty lot with two rows, one used, one new two Explorers, two Sports, two F150s and one Super Duty to offer for sale... So who knows. If Webasto still cannot make a good top into October, then more Soft tops will be built... I'd place the odds at 60/40 against good hard tops.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do you know that?
We know there are roughly 130-150k orders.
We know that roughly 60-70k were in the 1st 72 hours.
We know that initially only 8% of orders were soft tops
After everyone changing, it's now around 12%

So for an August reservation, there are roughly 8-12k softie builds ahead of you.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So for an August reservation, there are roughly 8-12k softie builds ahead of you.
That's good info. I was actually a June 2021 reservation - with OP being the August 2020 reservation. I'm hoping this still bodes well for me as I do have a soft top reservation and I don't care much if I get a MY21 late in 2021 as I plan on having this vehicle long term

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Makes sense for most part. But where is the 12% coming from? I have absolutely no idea outside of anecdotal information on this forum, but it would seem the soft top number would be higher than that now.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Makes sense for most part. But where is the 12% coming from?
We will know for sure next time we see a glimpse of the unfulfilled order bank.

The number of people who switched is not that huge though. 2-door can't switch, Wildtrack can't switch until next year. Most people don't know that they can switch to speed up their order because most Ford Dealers are incapable of communicating. And a lot of people in snow country don't want a soft top for some reason.
Sponsored