Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Badlands Sasquatch (2), Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've searched the threads to try and make sense of this and I've had no luck. Ford did a cool thing in adding the Aux switches and extra aux wiring to the Bronco. What I'm confused about is that all the wires are 16 gauge wires which have a maximum amp capacity of 10 amps yet Ford claims that one of the switches can handle up to 30 amps. Unless they're using some new kind of wire I don't understand how this is possible. Critical circuits can only go 6' at 10 amps with a 16 gauge wire. Non critical circuits can go 20' but your still limited to 10 amps max.

Can someone please explain how to use these switches for anything more than say a phone charging circuit or to power a relay which would make more sense for high amp items.
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look at your manual on the screen. It has a video for it and diagrams.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The ratings are for the fuses, so think peak draw instead of constant.

You are absolutely right - the wires themselves are undersized and not rated for the amp ratings listed.

Still enough there to run podlights, rock lights, GRMS radios etc. I wouldn't try running a high draw lightbar off any of them though.

With that said, easy enough to wire in a relay to protect your switches from high current loads. The downside is you'll need to draw power straight from the battery, so you'll need inline fuses etc.

My lightbar is wired through a relay and monitors an accessory fuse in the fuse box so it knows when to power down as the vehicle is turned off.
Sponsored