Sponsored

Auxiliary tank(s) for for water or fuel?

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any locations under the Bronco that would make sense to locate an auxiliary tank for water or fuel?
maybe a teeney tiny one in front of the windshield washer tank?
Is under the left front fender filler up?
Or the little void between the back inside fender bulge and the tail light?
Or under?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG
Sponsored

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would give you like two gallons, and I would strongly recommend against putting fuel outside of the crash structure. It can make small fender-benders much more exciting than they should be.

I would anticipate that someone has or will soon release an aux tank in place of the rear muffler and requires a shorty muffler that takes up much less room.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would give you like two gallons, and I would strongly recommend against putting fuel outside of the crash structure. It can make small fender-benders much more exciting than they should be.

I would anticipate that someone has or will soon release an aux tank in place of the rear muffler and requires a shorty muffler that takes up much less room.
my thought, exactly... I'm waiting... Titan and others...

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Exactly!

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those odd locations are more for a possible water tank location. Agree these examples are likely too small to be worth it. Just looking for every possible location for water &/or fuel.

Sponsored

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you did not want any exterior mounts a Rotopax fits perfectly between the Roll bar and the window which is kind of wasted space. I have a bungee ball around the handle and the roll bar. Have done some off-roading with it and have't had any issues. Could also make some little brackets to lock it in place too if you wanted.

Ford Bronco Auxiliary tank(s) for for water or fuel? IMG_5505

OP
OP
Bruno

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you did not want any exterior mounts a Rotopax fits perfectly between the Roll bar and the window which is kind of wasted space. I have a bungee ball around the handle and the roll bar. Have done some off-roading with it and have't had any issues. Could also make some little brackets to lock it in place too if you wanted.

theres the answer! how many oddball locations like this around the Bronco can be identified...

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base

I like this idea.

Maybe build a U shape aluminum tray that's deep enough to hold stuff on both sides of the bronco between the window and roll bar?

I hate wasted space and I like stowing misc gear in otherwise useless spaces.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting idea for water. prolly Some room on the driver side fender. Just need to worry about weight offset. I would not do this for fuel though.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Auxiliary tank(s) for for water or fuel? 55F1769D-B9F0-433E-A233-7C0AEAC75391
Sponsored